Plagued by backaches and foot-aches, Mariah held court from a gold chaise longue!
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon arrived at the party on March 6th in a Rolls-Royce, but now we know that was just the beginning of the over-the-top glamour of the couple’s baby shower! Held at LA’s luxe Montage Beverly Hills hotel, the shower for the couple’s twins, due in late April or early May, had a “pink and blue theme,” in honor of the one girl and one boy Mariah is carrying. And an insider at the event tells Life & Style that no expense was spared for the bash, which is exactly what we’d expect from super-diva Mariah! Hey, she already spent a million bucks on the nursery! Here, all the lavish details:
- Mariah’s personal champagne brand, Angel, co-sponsored the party. But Mariah tells Life & Style, “I sipped a ‘pregnatini,’ a special non-alcoholic cocktail.”
- Shower guests had their choice of banana, dark chocolate or red velvet cupcakes, along with a selection of gourmet pizzas and appetizers.
- Invited guests Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne couldn’t make the event, but they sent a life-sized stuffed giraffe as a gift!
- Nick Cannon documented the whole party himself by taping it on his own handheld camera.
- Mariah said, “I’d never been to a baby shower. This was my first one—it was so festive!”
- Not only were the balloons and flowers all pink and blue—in honor of the theme—but the wait staff wore blue and pink aprons, too!
- Celebrity guests included American Idol judge Randy Jackson and TV host Piers Morgan.
- Nick gave a toast! He said, “I don’t know what it’s like to carry twins, but I know what it’s like to witness someone carrying twins!”