Bethenny Changes Baby Bryn On A Restroom Floor!

Wed, March 9, 2011 12:44pm EDT by 9 Comments

Courtesy of Bravo

We’ve all been there—a baby with a bursting diaper and nowhere to change it!

On this week’s Bethenny Ever After, new mom Bethenny Frankel, 40, found herself in a yucky situation many of us have encountered! She was in a restaurant with her baby, Bryn, and went to the restroom to change the tot’s diaper. But there was no changing table or even counter space in the bathroom! So Bethenny put a changing pad down on the bathroom floor, laid Bryn on top of it, and changed the diaper. Do you think this is gross? What have you done when faced with this mom dilemma?

Have you heard about the Sit Or Squat app that you can download to your Blackberry or iPhone? It locates clean bathrooms in your city of choice and also identifies those with changing tables. Bethenny should get it!

Sally

Posted at 8:58 AM on March 13, 2012

This has happened to me before too, and I left the restaurant with my baby to go to a grocery store next door knowing they would have a changing table there….I’m not going to lay my baby down on the ground, changing pad or not…gross…it’s not that hard to go next door and if you’re a good mom and not lazy, you’ll do it.

when I have my car it’s even easier cuz i usually change my baby boy in the car, it’s soooooo much cleaner than any changing table anywhere

Christina

Posted at 12:43 AM on March 12, 2011

As long as she is on a changing pad (when mine isn’t clean I use Huggies disposable changing pads) it really doesn’t matter where you change them, as long as it’s of course semi-private (you don’t know whose perverted eyes are looking) and flat! The last thing you want to do is withold changing him/her to get to a better location, that’s how poor kiddos incur diaper rashes! :(

Amanda

Posted at 9:48 PM on March 13, 2011

As a mom I have been there and done that! Im a big fan of her show and I can see what a great mom she is.

Wrong

Posted at 5:06 PM on March 11, 2011

Bethenny did NOT lay the baby on the floor! She placed a changing pad down first, and then she placed Bryn on the pad. What else was she supposed to do? Man, women are SO critical of other women. Good lord!

jenna

Posted at 11:26 AM on March 10, 2011

I would do it if I had to… but maybe going out the car would’ve been a better choice??

suezq

Posted at 10:56 AM on March 10, 2011

This is so sad. Im sorry that all the moms & dads or anyone taking care of a baby has to go through This. I’ve been in this situation countless times. People give u the dirty look, but i have no other choice. Personally i want to change that. Since 2006 i’ve been thinking & talking about making a Law that all public places, like restaurants, High Schools, Colleges,etc..( High Schools & Colleges, B/C I had 2 embarrassing situations that occured @ these locations; I had to go to these places for High School Graduation & College Graduation. My baby did poop on me & NO Changing table!! I had to change him on the floor. People were looking @ me like i was a bad mother! Another time i was @ Moorpark College for the Animal Zoo & to my surprise, No changing table!! the floor was muddy & wet, but that’s were i lay my little baby down..But i do want to make my idea into a reality. I want to help all the babies of the world.

christina

Posted at 9:55 AM on March 10, 2011

No it is not gross. in fact there are times when it would be gross to change you kid on that table because it is dirtier than the floor and you can tell it is wiped at with a rag and not scrubbed as it should be. plus some people may have a child like mine who for some odd reason has been terrified of being on that table since he was old enough to realize that he is on it. my child has never fallen off of a changing table or anything like it. however, i quickly discovered that when he is so terrified of it it is safer to put him on the floor. even with that little belt they put on it he could still wiggle loose and fall. better to just avoid the situation by putting him down and just being sue to clean baby’s hand’s and anything that touched the floor with wipes when you are done. and for those who didn’t think of it. if the restroom doesn’t have a changing table and you drive a van or suv or anything with a hatch really you can lay baby in there and change them. you really don’t need an app for your phone to change a diaper.

Dani

Posted at 3:28 PM on March 9, 2011

I’m willing to bet it was cleaner than a changing table at your local McDonald’s.

NJmom

Posted at 2:02 PM on March 9, 2011

When in a pinch as long as you have changing pad and wipes you should be fine… I would def. clean babies hands with wipes when done in case they touched floor.