'Teen Mom 2' Star Jo Rivera Releases A Rap Song—Click For Video! Exclusive!

Thu, March 3, 2011 2:06pm EDT by 11 Comments

Watch the video of Jo Rivera rapping below! Do you think he has the talent to leave Teen Mom 2 world and make it on the hip-hop scene?

Starring on a reality show just isn’t enough for Teen Mom 2 star Kailyn Lowry‘s baby daddy Jo Rivera—he now wants to be a rapper, too! So what does Jo plan to sing about? “About being a father,” Jo tells HollyBaby.com exclusively. “The song ‘Life Of A Teen Father‘ is something I’m working on right now.”

“I’ve been doing hip-hop music and rapping under the name NICK-B (Nerd in a cool kid’s body),” Jo says. “I’ve created about 20 or so songs so far. I have a couple different faves: ‘Something is Missing’ and ‘When the Smoke Clears.'”

Jo wants to relay messages about “life experience with serious content” in his music. “One of the things that I felt was magical and truthful is about people that are out to get you and [to remember] that not everyone is on your side,” shares Jo. “They aren’t necessarily about people I know. But they are about people around me — I acknowledge that.”

So has Jo gotten a record deal yet? “Right now I don’t have a producer behind me — I just do some mix tapes,” notes Jo, whose uncle, Grey Stoke, acts as his temporary manager. “The music is in the early stages right now — working on artist development.”

And how does Jo expect fans to react to his talent? “I think a lot of people won’t take it seriously at first (because I’m coming off a reality show),” Jo admits. “But I think a lot of people see where I’m coming from and that I’m not trying to come off for money. People will see that I’m here for the love of music and of course I’m here for hip-hop.”

HollyMoms, now you have the chance to decide if you think Jo’s a talented rapper or not. Watch a snippet of his song ‘Life Of A Teen Father‘ below and tell us what you think. Does Jo have what it takes to make it in the hip-hop world?

- Lindsey DiMattina, reporting by Jessica Finn

Loading video...

dre

Posted at 7:59 PM on February 12, 2012

He sucks.

Marissa

Posted at 9:56 PM on February 11, 2012

Your awesome Jo!!!!

betty degraw

Posted at 6:47 AM on April 2, 2011

he shoundnt be rapped at all he dont have no respect for any woman the way he treating kailyn it was wrong so he dont need to be rapped anymore songs

Julissa

Posted at 2:20 PM on March 30, 2011

And on the voting vote on his music not on his relationship skills!!!!!!!!

Julissa

Posted at 2:14 PM on March 30, 2011

I love the way you put so much passion in to it that’s what makes it so great! I think Jo is a great father and yeah he has some issues on how to express his feeling on the show you never really see his point of view how he really fells and when u hear his music it all pours out . He cares And will always love her because she is the mother of his child but that dose not mean he’s not hurt by what she did witch is real shady I think that he was trying when he asked her to move out of some space she should have not gone out and hooked up with another guy she gave up so fast He did disrespect her but she QUIT ON her family ! And I think no one know how they both feel about things we can only guess because she show only shows us what they want to not every thing !! Any way I love ur songs they are great they have meaning and I love them when get a cd put togeather let me know I would love to be a 1st buyer !!!!! And I think ur a great hard Working father don’t let no one pull u down um but stay away from the green earth stuff lol ur so much better then that !!!

BK

Posted at 3:13 PM on January 28, 2012

It’s sad that society has ok the right for young people to become parents. Granted this has been happening for years but, this two were obviously not ready to be parents because they both act so immature when it comes to true responsibilities. What is the saddest part of this is the simple fact that she believes he should be paying so much yet what has she put towards her son. It will be hard for any single mother to do. I especially think its horrible and greedy when she tells Jordan that if Jo wins she’s going to appeal. There comes a time in your life when you need to be satisfied that he even stepped up to pay…still think people need to grow up before they actually have a child or children. You may think they have but, they haven’t…they are still very much teens.

Tara

Posted at 11:48 PM on January 31, 2012

BK… where are you getting that Kailyn is immature… that poor girl doesn’t have a supportive mother or father, and is really the only girl who has managed to make it completely on her own… she reached out to get help and got an apartment on her own, she works, goes to school, and takes care of Isaac MOST OF THE TIME (Jo only gets him on weekends), and she managed to replace her car when she totaled her old car… I don’t see any immaturity in that, and I think you need a grip on reality… HE SHOULD PAY CHILD SUPPORT, and SHE SHOULD APPEAL if he somehow if Jo MIRACULOUSLY wins in court… HE LIVES WITH HIS PARENTS AND HAS NO BILLS!!! She is doing it all on her own… HE IS THE FATHER, he only has Isaac on the weekends, and she’s going to school so she can make more money in the future for her and Isaac… You need to grow up and learn what it is to be a father… Hopefully you’re not one yet because the way you’re talking you have no business being one… You obviously have NO CLUE how much money it takes to raise a child, and 500 a month is NOTHING… You are so clueless… Educate yourself before posting comments…

aj

Posted at 7:29 PM on March 16, 2011

I do not think anyone should listen or buy his music. He has already shown he has no respect for women (aka his baby’s mama) I can not stand him.

merg

Posted at 2:24 PM on March 9, 2011

Just awful.

tiffany

Posted at 5:55 PM on March 3, 2011

hes got my vote

tiffany

Posted at 5:54 PM on March 3, 2011

yes hes actually really good… i would love to hear more music good job jo