Jennifer Love Hewitt's Feather Hair Extensions: What Do YOU Think?

Thu, March 3, 2011 9:13am EDT by 19 Comments
Fame Pictures

Fame Pictures

Jennifer Love Hewitt is sporting Hollywood’s latest hair trend: extensions made of feathers!

Feather hair extensions are definitely the wildest hair trend so far in 2011 (besides Gaga’s latest look, of course!). The latest thing to hit extension-obsessed Hollywood is made of real bird feathers! Will YOU try it?

Her feather hair extensions give Jennifer Love Hewitt, 32, a bohemian look– and they’re so easy to get! More and more places are offering them (including Wendy Nichol in NYC and The Harlot in LA),  and since you only wear a few at a time, they’re a quick, cheap and easy way to switch up your look!

The stylists attach the feathers by putting a crimp bead at the base of your hairline where you want the feather, then putting the feather in the bead and crimping it down. It can fall out naturally in 2 weeks to 2 months or you can just use a crimping tool to pop the bead in the opposite direction it was pressed and it will just fall out.

What do YOU think of feather hair extensions? Will you be following Jennifer’s trend-setting example? Let us know in the poll below!

–Allie Jordan

How to lose weight fast has never been easier

Posted at 12:59 AM on July 7, 2012

I really appreciate your site. This is the beginning of my Internet Life. I have reitred from the grind. There is quite a rich diversity of information in blogs so I am getting involved and commenting. Your blog is not like most of the blogs that I read on the Internet, and I like the style of what you are presenting here. I not only read and comment on the blogs of others but I now have my own blog and my own website. I have incuded a website and email address. Is it ok that I included them? TheVeryBest2You 13 6

designer louis vuitton

Posted at 1:36 AM on April 24, 2012

I have been surfing online greater than three hours lately, but I never found any fascinating article like yours. It is lovely price enough for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you probably did, the web will likely be much more helpful than ever before.

ekstenzije

Posted at 12:59 AM on April 11, 2012

I just like the valuable information you supply to your articles. I will bookmark your blog and test once more right here regularly. I am somewhat sure I will learn many new stuff right right here! Good luck for the following!

Jessica

Posted at 1:49 AM on June 30, 2011

Dear everyone,
this trend started in Eugene, Oregon. The original people who did this style were hippie artists who got the feathers from fly fishing shops. They are called hackle saddle rooster feathers. So for the idiots saying that they are farming roosters for this look, they were already doing that for fishermen. And for the rest of you, the look is done. Its out. So lame this late in the game.

brittni

Posted at 5:45 AM on October 5, 2011

I love feathers. Check out “aware flare” in bend Oregon!!

Jolin

Posted at 10:41 PM on June 23, 2011

Dear friend :
Thank you for taking the time to visit our information .
here is Xuchang diana hair products co.,ltd,our company
mainly produce hair products,such as hair extensions,hair weft,
and so on. we can produce according to your requirements, aslo have a sound after-sales service policy ,our principle is mutual benefit,
welcome interested peoplejoin us to create a better tomorrow,Expectations and your cooperation.
Sincerely yours:
Jolin

ChickenFriend

Posted at 5:27 PM on June 7, 2011

Shame on ALL of you vain and ignorant people. The birds (chickens or exotics) these feathers are taken from are BRED and KILLED soley for their feathers. They are NOT used as food chickens, so the feathers are not a byproduct of micknuggets. This irresponsible tacky trend is no different than plopping the dead skin of some soft and furry creature over your shoulders for fun. SHAME SHAME SHAME on all of you.

Leah

Posted at 5:21 PM on August 13, 2011

if you really were a chicken friend you would know that chickens molt their feathers. Chickens are NOT killed just for their feathers. I raise free range chickens and have a ready supply of molted feathers all the time without ever having to hurt the chickens.

michelle slatter

Posted at 7:32 AM on May 15, 2011

We totally love, they are so versatile, you can go dramatic and creative or subtle and natural, this years brides are including feathers in their themes, rather than just flowers, big trend..getting bigger

FEATHER-YOUR-HEADS™ whole sale feather hair extensions
Our Feather hair extensions, are the latest way to create visually stunning effects,colours, and patterns by using natures high lights.
Each feather hair extension, is made from a collection of 7 feathers , ranging from 7″ 14″ in length ( There is Always several long feathers per bunch)
Hair can be washed whilst wearing your Feather-your-heads feather extensions also: brushed, blow-dried, straightened and even curled (on low heat). They will last anywhere from one to four months, depending on how you care for them.
You will receive 5 micro loop beads with your Feather-your-heads hair extension ,you will also need a threader and pliers, which are available in our Feather-your-head tool kit. 40 colour options fitting sheet included.

Lilybelle Locks

Posted at 9:10 PM on April 4, 2011

I love this look so much I bought out my local supplier, lol. If anyone would like to try these at home, let me know I’d be happy to send you some ;) lilybellelocks@gmail.com

Rachael

Posted at 9:11 AM on April 2, 2011

I love this idea. I am totally looking to do this myself. Maybe not in those colors… but she can totally rock it. I am looking for something more natural. Good for her keeping herself young in hollywood. It must hard. She looks amazing!!!!

Ilona

Posted at 5:38 PM on March 9, 2011

Jennifer rocks with feathers. They look awesome as part of a messy, wavy look. I can’t wait to get some feathers in my hair! VenusVixen.com gives some great tips about jumping on the feather bandwagon.

Michele

Posted at 7:04 PM on March 7, 2011

Got some! Love them! Saw Michele in Tacoma. Love purple and yellow. The Lash Boutique has the feathers. Easy to wear. No problems. Jennifer Love Hewwitts feathers are big. I like them.

FeatherGirl21

Posted at 2:40 PM on March 3, 2011

Feather extensions are so cute!!! I bought some feather hair extensions from RockStarFeathers on Etsy.com They are soooo cute!!

Jordana Lorraine

Posted at 2:16 PM on March 3, 2011

Feather extensions are lots of fun, but in this case the big yellow one is kind of odd-looking. I also like Jennifer better with dark hair, while we’re at it :)

Stacey

Posted at 2:03 PM on March 3, 2011

Those feathers are sweet! I will totally get those in my hair.
There sexy and fun! I will look up the site.

Dakota

Posted at 1:42 PM on March 3, 2011

Thanks Jennifer for rocking Fine Featherheads Rainbow Bright Featherhead! Smokin hot :)

Trina marr

Posted at 1:58 PM on March 3, 2011

Feather extensions by HAIR FLAIRS are amazing

Sonia

Posted at 10:48 PM on March 16, 2011

Dakota, your feathers are THE BEST! Everyone loves them!