Kim Kardashian's First Single 'Jam (Turn It Up)' — Listen! Is This A Shot At Paris Hilton?

Wed, March 2, 2011 3:04pm EDT by 20 Comments

Is Kim K challenging Paris Hilton to a sing-off? Kim gave her first single the same title as Paris’ second song, ‘Turn It Up!’

Is Kim Kardashian trying to show up her ex-bff Paris Hilton? Kim dropped her first single “Jam (Turn It Up)” March 2 on Ryan Seacrest‘s radio show. Is this a move to one-up Paris? Kim’s song has the same title as Paris’ somewhat-decent second single, “Turn It Up!”

So much for them trying to be friends again! It sounds like Kim is trying to do all that she can to rub her success in Paris’ face.

Is this single Kim’s next step in the revenge plan? She may need a different weapon than her voice! Paris at least sounded like a somewhat passable singer on her song. Despite help from her producer The-Dream, Kim sounds like she is a little girl singing in front of her mirror in her bedroom! She can’t carry a tune. I’d hate to see her try to perform live.

We want to know what you think of “Jam.” Do you think Kim has any shot at becoming a recording artist?

Listen to the song and share your thoughts with us!

- Lindsey DiMattina

jack

Posted at 4:05 AM on March 20, 2011

oh my freaking god! this is absolutely the worst song i have ever heard in my life.A 60yr old could do alot better.

carole

Posted at 6:11 AM on March 16, 2011

demi lovato i love you. je t’aime beaucoup tu es si belle avec joe, vous formez un si beau couple, ne vous separez jamais ok.big kis to you.your are fan

carole

Posted at 6:09 AM on March 16, 2011

i like demi lovato and joe there su botiful

Holly

Posted at 3:30 AM on March 15, 2011

Kim I love you but please singing is not your thing.

BB

Posted at 5:49 AM on March 7, 2011

Hey Kort wheres baby scott been,I do miss that little guy.

BB

Posted at 5:46 AM on March 7, 2011

I agree with Kim,not one of your better talents,Oh wait you don’t have any talents do ya.Your fam comes from your daddy.Got a little money and these people think they’ve got the world at there feet.I bet Momma put her up to this one.

Yola

Posted at 6:23 PM on March 5, 2011

.Ummmmm that is not singing but talking with lots of plugins to back her up…..Sounds great for teens….Its doesnt sound very mature…..As a songwriter and singer myself this is garbage. As an A & R, I would throw it in the trash. Pro tools, Cubase or whatever music equipment they used really helped her voice. I like Kim but this is horrible. Please stick to reality shows, sexual photos, sex tapes and relationships with men that never work.

Yola

Posted at 6:21 PM on March 5, 2011

Ummmmm that is not singing but talking with lots of plugins to back her up…..Sounds great for teens….Its doesnt sound very mature…..As a songwriter and singer myself this is garbage. As an A & R, I would throw it in the trash. Pro tools, Cubase or whatever music equipment they used really helped her voice. I like Kim but this is horrible. Please stick to reality shows, sexual photos, sex tapes and relationships with me that never work.

jack

Posted at 11:18 AM on March 3, 2011

The photo of her looks like a photo of a barbie doll. Photoshop much?

Afrodity

Posted at 5:27 AM on March 3, 2011

For real? This is str8 crap. Stick to what you know best, ma’am–making sex tapes. Str8 GARBAGE!

jasmin

Posted at 1:57 AM on March 3, 2011

UGH.

Sam

Posted at 8:48 PM on March 2, 2011

Okay THIS was TOTALLY OUT OF HER COMFORT ZONE so I applaud you Miss Kim Kardashian!
THIS SONG WAS AMAZING. TOTALLY THE SONG IMA BE JAMMIN IN THE CAR NOW! LOVES YOU DOLL!

blackmammoth

Posted at 10:14 PM on March 6, 2011

PLS don’t put this into your car “ever” because it will most definently blow up and commit suicide from how horrid this song is. This song should be used to interrigate people not to listen to out of free will. Sorry

guest

Posted at 7:49 PM on March 2, 2011

Kim will never be taken seriously. My expectations were low anyway for this project. She needs to stick with photo shoots, nude pictorials, fashion and makeup. If you notice Kim keeps using the word “fun” bracing herself for negative comments about this horrible record. Why would someone sing who has never sung before? At least Kourtney and Khloe no their limitations.

LiLi

Posted at 5:51 PM on March 2, 2011

Talk about conceited. I sing WAY better than that but I dont get a record because im not “famous for being famous”. She should really stop while she is ahead.

Vanessa Riehm Stroud

Posted at 5:44 PM on March 2, 2011

She doesnt sound bad but she isnt good either:/ She needs to stick to reality tv and modeling.

Sassy....

Posted at 5:17 PM on March 2, 2011

Just shows how money can “buy” opportunities but does NOT finance talent!

Brandon

Posted at 4:29 PM on March 2, 2011

I love Kim K but that is the worst song EVER!

JEN

Posted at 3:42 PM on March 2, 2011

Ouccch!! My ears are bleating.. & pliz stop making sh1t up…

Russ Weakland

Posted at 3:31 PM on March 2, 2011

Single handedly the worst song ever recorded. EVER!