He obviously has some issues to work out, but definitely opened himself up for parody!
Charlie Sheen may be full of crazy quips, but many of his Hollywood brethren have decided to give their own two cents about his latest tirade. Whether comedian or industry insider, everyone seems to have empathy for the cast and crew of the show, but are not afraid to mince words about the troubled star.
- Sarah Silverman quipped about Sheen’s cockiness, “If I hung out w 20 year old porn stars all the time time I’d think I was a genius too.”
- John Stamos offered a casting update by saying, “Contrary to the rumors, i am not replacing Charlie Sheen on Two and Half Men. however, Martin Sheen has asked me to be his son.”
- Andy Richter couldn’t relate to Charlie’s issues, admitting, “Unlike SOME people, I can stop winning whenever I want! #sorrycharlie.”
- Zooey Deschanel weighed in on the situation, tweeting, “MYSTERY SOLVED: now we know who the “half a man” is in “two and a half men.”…HINT: it’s not the kid!!!!”
- Mindy Kaling jokingly compared the incidents to her own show, The Office, by saying, “[Rainn Wilson] must be so excited all this charlie sheen stuff is distracting from his own porno drug tyrant behavior on our show.”
- Denis Leary thought Charlie couldn’t dig himself much more of a hole, saying, ”Is it just me or is Charlie Sheen starting to sound a lot like Moammar Kaddafi?”
- Piers Morgan was one of the sole defenders of Charlie, saying, “Is it just me that thinks Charlie Sheen be allowed to behave how the hell he likes in his own time?”
It sounds like Charlie has not made too many friends after his latest tirade!