'American Idol' Vocal Coaches: Thia Megia Is 'Amazing' & Charice Fans Will Help Carry Her To The Top! Exclusive

Fri, February 25, 2011 1:41pm EST by 35 Comments

Even though she has a friend with some of the most amazing fans in the world,  Thia Megia’s phenomenal talent alone will carry her through the competition, say the American Idol vocal coaches!

We’ve only reached the American Idol Top 24, but two of the hit reality show’s vocal coaches predict Thia Megia will go far in the competition. Not only does she have the support of her friend Charice‘s fans around the world, she’s one of the best talents they’ve seen!

“The kid is amazing. She’s 15. She’s so beyond her years musically, it’s insane,” Michael Orland raved about the pint-size belter from Mountain House, Calif. to HollywoodLife.com at the Idol Prom in Hollywood Feb. 24.

He added, “This is the first year we’ve had 15-year-olds on the show — I’d like to see her do well because of that.”

However, talent alone isn’t going to get Thia to the Top 12. The vocal coaches reminded us it’s up to the viewers to get their faves into the next stage of the competition.

When we suggested Chasters will help Thia achieve her dreams, the coaches were quick to agree. “Oh, we know they will,” they said.

Do YOU think Thia should make the Top 12? Chasters, will you help Charice’s friend and fellow Filipina make it to the top?

Loading video...

Kirstin Benson

Love Charice & Thia? Follow Kirstin On Twitter!

Bonnie Says: It Took A True American Hero, Chris Medina, To Bring Out The Humanity In Diva J-Lo on American Idol!

‘American Idol’ Recap: Was Chris Medina Wrongfully Eliminated?

Kirstin Says: Is ‘American Idol’ Star Thia Megia The New Charice?

Trance

Posted at 11:49 AM on March 1, 2011

Not only did Charice tweeted about her but thier other friend Jasmine villegas also tweeted about her in her official account as well.

so Jasminators and Chasters are going to put her on top

ThiaManian

Posted at 11:00 AM on March 1, 2011

If there is 1 thing Thia does’nt like is being completely compared to Charice. She has said this in an interview in Charicemania.com before.

Support her for her talent not because she’s a fan and personal friend of Charice.

EBJohns11

Posted at 9:51 AM on March 1, 2011

I had been following Thia since AI started this season. So yes, she has my vote and already told my friends to support her.

Monkeydoggie

Posted at 9:39 AM on March 1, 2011

so nice that Hollywoodlife is one of the great supporters of Charice! and of course soon! thia

Rosemarie T. manuel from the Philippines

Posted at 11:56 PM on February 28, 2011

I love Thia and Clint because they are so talented and I’m proud that filipinos like them are making names in American Idol, I love the show so much!…i thank the Lord because filipinos around the world are making a mark especially in the music industry… like Bruno Mars who is a half filipino and Charice ,a very talented filipina … I wish them all the best… Filipinos RULES!!!!!

skunkryan

Posted at 12:38 AM on February 28, 2011

is there any online voting for american idol?bec its very expensive via overseas txt voting..my vote is for thia…the classical songs she sang like wonderful world,chasing pavements and here comes the sun…Jlo amazed her..thnk you…

Holly in the Woods

Posted at 8:59 AM on February 27, 2011

I will vote for her until she reaches top 10 because I think she is the best amongst the girls even on her off days. However, I am not sure if she is as good or better than Jacob Lusk (Mama may have) and Casey Abrams (Georgia with double bass).

minty710

Posted at 12:57 AM on February 27, 2011

I’m a huge Charice fan but not necessarily a fan of Thia…I wish her the best but I’m not supporting someone just because of their background as articles like these seems to continue suggesting.

minty710

Posted at 1:09 AM on February 27, 2011

P.S. I agree with Tina and Lala. Although I might not be much of a Thia fan now, if she does stand out in A.I. (to me at least) then she’ll have my vote not because she is filipino or because she is Charice’s fan. **To me, liking her because she has a connection with Charice (etc.) and disregarding the other talented contestants immediately is almost like when Charice’s talent was ignored in favour of ‘beauty’ and ‘who can make more money’. Just my own two cents though….

Steven Foong

Posted at 7:51 PM on February 26, 2011

Get to work, Chasters :-)

jay sonza

Posted at 7:07 PM on February 26, 2011

i’ve never seen or heard a 15 year old singer who could do justice to classical & standard songs as great as thia megia. she has a unique voice quality and all she need now is the overwhelming support of the asian-american communities to make it. also, she needs to repackage her appearance and stage present. back in the philippines, the nation is rallying behind her and clint jun gamboa.

diopatra

Posted at 2:53 PM on February 26, 2011

let’s support her because she is great not because she is also a chaster or a filipno.

cuteyub

Posted at 1:14 PM on February 26, 2011

i’ll support thia megia now that i know she’s charice’s friend.

if you want to watch charice’s performance where she didn’t just HIT
but she sustained 13 seconds of high notes,

here’s the link guys

to watch it in auto-play mode, thanks

Tina

Posted at 11:55 AM on February 26, 2011

I like Thia and I am a Charice fan. But I will vote for Thia if she really stands out among the rest. There are other good contestants there. She also has to connect with the viewers … that’s a big plus. I voted for Adam Lambert last season … sadly he didn’t win but look at him now. Best of luck to Thia!

Extreme

Posted at 1:17 AM on February 26, 2011

I will support Clint Jun and Thia.

User_T

Posted at 8:03 PM on February 25, 2011

Another thing, look what happened to the finale night oo AI 2 years ago. Katy Perry openly supported Adam Lambert with her costume – and we all know what happened with the result. Adam is a bigger star now though. So, the bottomline is always the ‘TALENT AND CHARISMA’.

Extreme

Posted at 1:19 AM on February 26, 2011

Kris Allen had the machinery to win that’s why.

User_T

Posted at 7:59 PM on February 25, 2011

Yes, talent alone cannot take you to the finals. You better connect with the viewers, Babe, because charisma is another story. And please please please do not rely on your friend’s fans. Some fans might be jealous and vote for another contestant instead. Filipino mentality eh? Charice I think is well aware of that because of her past experience.

Babe

Posted at 3:01 PM on February 26, 2011

I am a Charice fan because she got a real big talent and personality. Thia is talented but we’ll see how she fares well with other contestants. Don’t push the fans to vote for Thia because she is Charice’s friend. Not fair for both Thia and Charice. If Thia wins her talent might be overlooked, people would assume that she got the votes from Charice’s fans. Filipinos can be passionate when rooting for their compatriots. Remember Jasmine Trias?

Lala

Posted at 7:50 PM on February 25, 2011

Linking her name to Charice repeatedly will alienate voters to her. It’s because some people might think that Charice is being used here again… Just my thought…

GelneChris

Posted at 6:48 PM on February 25, 2011

THIA IS A CHASTER!!!

SHE IS A CHARICE’s FAN!!!

CHASTERS ARE AT HER BACK!!!

WOOOT WOOOT!!!

GO THIA!!!

CHARICE ROCKS!!! m/ m/

WE LOVE CHARICE!!! ♥♥♥

jymzone

Posted at 6:46 PM on February 25, 2011

Thia has my support like Charice… they both have talents to show… Im all for talent and showmanship… so count me in!

Namreb

Posted at 5:19 PM on February 25, 2011

Thia Megia is a part of chaster family and all active chasters are aware of it. I will give her my support for sure, 100 percent. And for Thia, good luck!

MDR

Posted at 4:58 PM on February 25, 2011

Kirstin, I thought you are a Chaster — now you seems to have gotten a Thia-fever hahaha.
Anyway, it looks like Thia has a great head on her shoulder and showed maturity in handling the AI craZiness. She’s got her own distinct voice & style and yeah she can sing too! :) YES, she’s got my support for sure! Thia–the music world is huge–go get yourself a piece of that freakin’ pie. Look at what Charice has done, she’s on a non-stop ka-ching all the way to the bank! :)))

Dan

Posted at 2:56 PM on February 25, 2011

Agree with beenie comment. Shortcut to stardom may not be a guarantee to success (particularly in the music biz). Amongst past AI winners, how many of them were true successful artists(2-3… no more)? True artists were those who have worked very hard thru the up&down of this biz. And talent is just one part of the success…Thia will be for sure amongst the top 12, but after that it will depend on the rest of America, lots of good vocalist this year.

WebScribes

Posted at 2:25 PM on February 25, 2011

As Charice’s friend and a Chaster herself, Thia Megia has our support!

Thia is an amazing talent and a sweet individual. Thia was a special guest on Charice FanTalk radio last year. Trust me, Chasters know her and will be watching AI and supporting Thia ALL-the-Way!

melody

Posted at 8:38 AM on February 26, 2011

Hey Webby, I see you’re here, too. Yes, Chasters will support Thia mainly because of her beautiful talent, not because she’s a friend of Charice. Thia has succeeded up to now on her own through hard work and sacrifice, and will do so going into the finals at AI, and beyond. Go Thia!!!go Charice!!!AT THE TOP, BABY!!!

shelly

Posted at 2:06 PM on February 25, 2011

agree. show talent not kinship.

talentistalent

Posted at 2:00 PM on February 25, 2011

I have no objection chasters supporting Thia. But let’s not make this into a ‘i will vote for her because she’s Charice’s friend and a filipina and she’s got better accent’. I hope it doesn’t work that way.

I hope she’s voted because of talent. Remember, charice worked hard to where she is now. People never voted her because of popularity or appearance. Charice had to perform and weed through tons of young competing artist amidst tons of bad comments targeting at something that has nothing to do with talent at all (geez) and she’s gone through that since 4 years old for so many years. I’m just glad Charice is where she is now. As they pointed out, she’s the next generation of super-singer.

Ok. going back to Thia. She’s got talent. But there are others too in the top 24 who are as equally competent.

beenie

Posted at 2:26 PM on February 25, 2011

I agree. There is shortcut to Stardom it should be earn

beenie

Posted at 2:27 PM on February 25, 2011

Ooop I meant no shortcut to stardom. It should be earned

JD

Posted at 2:07 AM on February 27, 2011

Totally Agree – I totally love Charice but it would be unfair to the other contestants to just vote for Thia just because she is a “Chaster.” That is like what they did to Charice in PI. They voted for the other guy not for his talent but for his so-called appearance and frankly speaking I still don’t get that one cause he looks like a normal “Joe” – LOL. If Thia wins, she should win on her talent – not because she is a Chaster.