Bonnie Says: It Took A True American Hero, Chris Medina, To Bring Out The Humanity In Diva J-Lo on American Idol!

Thu, February 24, 2011 4:36pm EDT by 8 Comments

Thank you, ‘American Idol’ star Chris Medina, who unfortunately didn’t make it into the Top 24. It took your brave story to shake J-Lo up and into a sobbing breakdown.

And it was about time that Jennifer Lopez, who has lived in a charmed superstar world for years now, was touched by an “ordinary”, non-Hollywood human being.

Chris Medina is the courageous 26-year-old barista from Milwaukee who has been singing his heart out for his beautiful paraplegic fiancee, Juliana Ramos on American Idol. Juliana and Chris were engaged and two months away from their wedding when she was gravely injured in a car accident and almost died. Though Chris was warned that she probably wouldn’t make it, he remained by her side, praying for a miracle. He got that miracle- she survived, but as a paraplegic with many other challenges.

My question is : would J-Lo herself have ever been able to say the sentence of pure love and selfishness that Chris did, when he told his story to the American Idol judges — “what kind of guy would I be if I walked out, when she needed me most”?

Listen, I know J-Lo loves her children, but she’s an a Super Duper Diva, surrounded by uber-wealthy people whose ambitions and schemes are far more complicated than those of Chris Medina, who just wants to make his Juliana happy again.

Maybe J-Lo realized this. Realized that the bodyguards, limos, VIP area passes, and the $340,000 worth of Cartier jewels at the Grammys, don’t add up to the menschy character that is innate to Chris Medina. When J-Lo was sobbing at having to eliminate Chris, was she also sobbing because she doesn’t have that purity of love and character in her life and she recognized it?

In any case, thank you Chris, for being the person you are and for putting J-Lo in touch with the courage and humanity that exists outside her charmed Hollywood world.

– Bonnie Fuller

dj

Posted at 2:59 PM on February 28, 2011

Ok you guys need to here this kid name shawn sing he lives in alaska hes only 16 i think justin biber needs to lookout for this kid he is the one who needs to be on tv someone sin him call him at 907-884-1948

Nevyn

Posted at 2:43 PM on February 27, 2011

Thanks Bonnie for displaying the unrelenting sniping bitchiness of Hollywood’s Hanger-ons.

I have not seen anything other than charm and warmth from Ms Lopez. Given the number of media vultures constantly circling celebrities, this has to be a remarkable feat.

Jennifer Lopez came from nothing and her undeniable talent, obvious across so many disciplines, has made her successful. She has brought a little good feeling into the lives of millions with her songs, comedy and films.

What do you do Bonnie? Pouncing on any opportunity to create malicious gossip and ill feeling, spearheading the malignant parasitic feeding frenzy of celebrity media. I bet your mother is very, very proud of what you do.

It makes me sick that hate mongers the likes of you are making money off the backs of the productive. I am not a “J-Lo fan”, I just do not like to see decent people attacked and maligned. Especially when the mud is thrown from so deep within the slime pit…

Meldemel

Posted at 12:30 PM on February 26, 2011

HATER! J-Lo is a great person even if she lives the glam life. She’s not far removed from her roots. Maybe you are just jealous?? because your criticism of her comes from nothing and makes no sense.

Marilyn

Posted at 11:45 AM on February 25, 2011

How ridiculous is your outlook on J.LO’s breakdown. She honestly cares about these kids and about hurting Chris. Stop the negative crap! Honestly you people just don’t know when to stop!

michelle

Posted at 2:07 AM on February 25, 2011

an american hero? why? cause he married someone who’s in a wheelchair? that makes him a hero??? people are so ridiculous…

Kat

Posted at 12:05 AM on February 25, 2011

Wow, with so many horrendously untalented, trashy, and divaish “celebrities” out and about in the media these days, I must say I think you’re a jealous hater to write such scathing words about Jennifer Lopez, especially considering the circumstances of the article. We’ve all heard the stories in the past of how Jennifer has been somewhat demanding behind the scenes, but truth is, almost everyone who works with her these days says she’s the antithesis of a diva. She always conducts herself with class, dignity, and is remarkably sweet to her fans. She’s as versatile as they come and her talents are multi-faceted. Do I need to list the charitable organizations she’s worked with and donated to out of the limelight? And before I’m accused of being biased, I’ll just say upfront I only like J-Lo because she’s a nice person, unlike so many people in the entertainment industry. If tomorrow she turned into a total bitch, I’d feel bad for a second and then go on with my life as I don’t give a flying fig about celebrities. But quite honestly I’m fed up with people perpetuating lies and embellishing her past transgressions. No one is freaking perfect. It’s so obvious if she were a man and was three times as demanding people wouldn’t think anything of it. Well whatever. Jennifer is a decent person and a good role model for women. Deal with it world, deal with it Bonnie.

Kay lil

Posted at 8:53 PM on February 24, 2011

hese so sweet never stop singing please,take care of your fiancé I wish y’all luck dream on

Diane

Posted at 8:52 PM on February 24, 2011

J.Lo has NOT always led a charmed existence. She grew up middle-class in the Bronx and had to work to achieve everything she has now. No-one gave it to her. It just sounds like you’re hating on her because she’s been successful and done well for herself. You don’t even know her – how can you possibly say what she’s like on the inside?