Shawntel Newton: I'm Not In Love With 'Bachelor' Brad Womack Anymore — He's In Love With Someone Else! Exclusive!

Wed, February 23, 2011 3:12am EST by 9 Comments

HollywoodLife.com spoke exclusively with The Bachelor‘s latest eliminated lady, Shawntel Newton, and she confessed she’s moved on from Brad Womack since falling in love with him on the show!

Out of all of The Bachelor star Brad Womack‘s potential wives, Shawntel Newton was one of our favorites. Even though she’s a mortician, the 24-year-old brunette has the most positive outlook on life and we felt terribly for her when Brad dumped her after her home town date Feb. 21. However, Shawntel reassured us her heart break didn’t last long…

“I’m not in love with Brad anymore,” the Chico, Calif. native told HollywoodLife.com over an exclusive phone call Feb. 22. “I’ve been watching the show and it’s obvious that he’s been in love with someone else.”

“I personally think it’s Emily,” she adds. “It was so awkward on their hometown date how he couldn’t even kiss her because he’s so intimidated by her. He looks at her like she’s a perfect being and she has a child and he loves that.”

“I really liked Emily a lot,” Shawntel continued. “Emily was a very genuine person and I think that for some reason they are the perfect fit. I really do. I think he wants to adopt her little girl. I think he wants to be with her and have more babies.”

We definitely feel the spark between Brad and Emily Maynard too. However, spoilers have led us to believe Chantal O’Brien is actually the woman with the key to Brad’s heart.

At the end of her home town date, Shawntel admitted to Brad she’d fallen in love with him — something that quickly backfired in her face when he didn’t give her a rose in that week’s ceremony. Shawntel knew exactly what was to blame when it came to the final straw in her and Brad’s seemingly healthy and happy relationship.

“I think he was creeped out by my job and that wasn’t something he wanted to marry into at all,” she said about her job as an embalmer at her family’s funeral home. “I grew up in a funeral home. I don’t think he likes that.”

Judging from Brad’s uncomfortable expressions throughout his tour at her job during the home town date, we’re pretty sure Shawntel hit the nail on the head: Brad cannot stand dealing with death. Luckily, Shawntel is a gorgeous young lady, who we’re confident will find her perfect bachelor when the time is right!

Kirstin Benson, with reporting by Lindsey DiMattina

Brandy

Posted at 4:09 PM on May 6, 2013

Personally I don’t think Brad is right for any of these women.
I don’t know how true it is about Chantal O cheating on her high school sweetheart and later, husband Jason Vena, lead singer of Acceptance but if she was to be with Brad Woman, I’ll tell you that it wouldn’t last. No way! Her ex-hubby is 100 times more stable than Brad Woman and they still broke up for whatever reason.

FuqBrad

Posted at 3:50 PM on May 6, 2013

@Fq Was Molly Malaney rich though? Shayne Lamas, yeah, Lorenzo Lamas’ daughter, located in Malibu, CA. Vienna Giraldi, Paris Hilton wannabe from somewhere in Florida. But again Lorenzo Borghese didn’t pick Erica Rose, Houstanian millionaire. Tessa Horst from Andy Baldwin’s season is not rich. Sarah Stone from Travis Stork’s season is definitely not rich. Sarah Brice from Texas, Charlie O’connell’s ex, isn’t a millionaire. I think season 5′s law student Jessica Bowlin from Laguna Beach (That was the time Laguna Beach was still on) is pretty wealthy. But that’s about it. Jesse Palmer is Canadian and Matt Grant is English. I think they find Hollywood appealing. People from that area is most likely young and rich. That crazy Michelle Kujawa chick is from that area too but she’s not rich and she’s crazy.

Jq

Posted at 1:47 AM on February 28, 2011

If brad ends up chantel, I see a trend with the bachelor picking rich girls that has sex appeal. (Vienna) I really do hope he chooses Emily out of the remaining 3!

Nikki

Posted at 6:23 PM on February 25, 2011

Emily is a beautiful lady, and in my opinion, too good for Brad Womack. She deserves someone who is a little more emotionally real and not so “stilted”.

mimi tholsted

Posted at 11:22 AM on February 23, 2011

Uh I would like to shake him a little bit – he is too lame sometimes…..anyway emily with her child is too much for him to handle, Ashley the dentist, no also too much for him, but Chantal with her father almost like Brad, that could work? …

Cricket

Posted at 4:56 AM on February 23, 2011

She dodged a bullet…Brad’s a dolt.

wes

Posted at 3:21 PM on February 23, 2011

brad has sent home some very beautiful and wonderful girls who I personally don’t think he is even good enough for and they should be glad they didn’t end up with him believe me they can do a lot better than that and they deserve to I think he should end up with some old hag that he deserves and then she could dump him so he could end up with the one he truely loves (HIMSELF)

chloe

Posted at 12:35 PM on February 24, 2011

I agree wholeheartedly!

chloe

Posted at 12:36 PM on February 24, 2011

brad is a total creeper and shawntel is lucky not to have to deal with him!