'Teen Mom 2' Jenelle Evans Confesses: I Smoke Pot Every Day! Is This OK For A Mom?

Tue, February 22, 2011 9:03am EST by 35 Comments

Jenelle has a marijuana addiction! HollyMoms — how can any mother consume illegal drugs on a daily basis?

Wow! Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle Evans gives a scary confession while filming the show’s reunion … she tells Dr. Drew Pinksy that she smokes marijuana — every day! “She talked about how she will go for an hour and smoke and come back,” blogger Ashley Majeski told the New York Post. “At one point, she stormed off the stage and was like, ‘I need to smoke.’ “

Jenelle Evans was arrested for marijuana possession!

Jenelle, the Teen Mom 2 troublemaker, constantly has issues setting a good example for her one-year-old son, Jace Evans. In October 2010, Jenelle was arrested and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and breaking and entering. And even as she battles those charges in court, Jenelle had another run in with the law just the week before leaving to film the Teen Mom 2 reunion episode in Los Angeles. We told you first that a former friend slammed Jenelle with three different misdemeanor criminal summonses, accusing her of breaking into her house and ransacking it.

Teen Mom 2 babies have a playdate in Los Angeles!

Is Jenelle ever going to get her act together? And will she ever get back custody of her son from her own mother, Barbara Evans? If she stays with her current boyfriend, Kieffer Delp, it sure doesn’t look promising. “He’s homeless. He does drugs. And he sold her out,” Ashley said. “He talked to OK! magazine while they were still together and got a big check for talking about Jenelle’s baby daddy [Charles Andrew Lewis].” Kieffer even cheated on Jenelle the night before heading to L.A. and slammed her with his own criminal summons, saying she broke his iPhone.

Chelsea Houska’s roommate moves out after Adama causes drama!

And apparently Jenelle and Barbara fight just the way we see them on TV when they’re not filming, Ashley says: “Even when the cameras aren’t rolling they are very volatile and argumentative.”

During the reunion, Jenelle wasn’t the only Teen Mom 2 parent to address their drug habits. Kailyn Lowry‘s baby daddy Joe Rivera was arrested last week for being under the influence of marijuana. No wonder Kailyn has taken their son, Isaac,  away and gotten her own apartment. She refuses to tell Joe where they live … why would she want him around him after this?

Meet the cast of Teen Mom 2!

It just doesn’t seem fair that these Teen Mom 2 babies have to grow up around such troubled parents. But, HollyMoms, we leave it to you to decide. Is it in any way OK for a parent to smoke marijuana every day? Vote below!

- Lindsey DiMattina

Sky Reinoehl

Posted at 5:26 PM on February 21, 2014

peoples opinions on pot are idiotic.

Emily

Posted at 3:05 AM on February 29, 2012

I think everyone should just stop judgig her Its her life and I know she’s going to do the right thing and stop smoking pot for her son. She’s not gonna get custody of her son unless she quits anyway and for those o you saying it’s ok to smoke pot and have a kid are stupid because that’s not okay my best friend has a kid and her and her son gr taken away and put in foster care and they’ve been there for about 6months while her parent were going threw rehab tryig to get them back. It’s not cool..

Jane

Posted at 3:23 PM on February 4, 2012

Pot is good, pot is great, pot leaves a smile on my face. I can’t wait to have this kid so I can smoke again. Deal with it. Would it bother you if I felt this way about beer instead? Estipidos.

hailey

Posted at 12:33 PM on January 11, 2012

I think it is ok for jenelle to smoke pot sometimes but no i do not think she should do it around jace or take care of jace when she is high on weed . But i love jenelle she is my favorit on the show i think that she is a good mom and that her mother needs to give her a damn break and that she would be around more if her mom would let her decide when to feed him change him and not asume she will not do it ! Jenelle can smoke weed if she wants and she is still a great mother to jace and loves him and will always be there but she needs to do what she needs to do and just not do it around her son it can affect his life to but i love you jenelle and you are a awesome mother (:

lacey

Posted at 6:13 PM on December 29, 2011

well i don’t see as wrong it mellows you out people that act crazy are most off the time faking being high or just stupid.

Summer

Posted at 2:27 PM on May 24, 2011

Just compare the arguements. Notice how the people condemning weed can only state that is is “wrong”. I LOVE how educated you pro-pot people are. Thank you for showing the reality of this movement, and for your supported arguements. Alcohol is legal and rips apart people’s lives…THAT is wrong. So my words for the anti side; Check your facts. And not the propaganda shoved down our thoats. Stop being a sheep and EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

Bibi

Posted at 6:15 PM on December 17, 2011

Obviously Summer smokes pot! They are NOT talking about alcohol, they are talking about MARIJUANA and it’s ILLEGAL , not alcohol PERIOD. I feel bad for those poor babies with immature teen moms.

sammyvee

Posted at 5:57 PM on April 3, 2011

rather her smoke pot then snort coke

JEF

Posted at 10:54 AM on March 29, 2011

I don’t think that smoking pot defines whether or not your a good mother, but doing so much at once.. or smoking anywhere near the air your child breathes is different. If your child(ren) could possibly get a contact-high that would be a bad parental decision. But doing it to calm your nerves without the presence of your child, in a limited quantity should be just fine.

Rose

Posted at 4:45 PM on March 15, 2011

I just had a baby 2 months ago and I smoke pot every day. Of course I dont smoke it around him or even when he is awake. If I am stressed or having trouble sleeping then I smoke a little bit. By the time he is old enough to even know marijuana will probably be legalized and thats fine with me.

Mariana

Posted at 1:37 AM on November 15, 2011

Do you breastfeed? I used to smoke weed before I go pregnant and i do think about using it again. even though i know weed is not bad for an adult, i’m worried about the drugs effecting my daughter.

and do you really have trouble sleeping? i have the opposite problem…i find it hard to stay awake these days :)

just wondering. good luck

Jan G.

Posted at 11:24 PM on March 12, 2011

Jenelle is a total biotch!! I’m glad her mom has custody of Jace. The way Jen treats her own mother is a disgrace!! She is one example why stupid people should not breed!! I am totally on her mom’s side concerning Jace, because I don’t thinl Jen gives a damn about him. She’s a totally spoiled brat, and so self-absorbed that she should never get him back from her mom.

Lilysmommy

Posted at 4:51 PM on February 25, 2011

I personally smoke pot everyday and so does my fiance. Our 1 year old is the most behaved child you will ever meet and one of the happiest. Are we bad parents for doing that? NO!! I have bad anxiety and it helps me hold it together, I can still function after a joint… it just calms me down and makes my life easier to handle. My Fiances parents also do it and my fiance is very successful and one of the smartest men you will ever meet. Most of ours friends do it and still manage to parent their children, Alcohol is much worse… I would never even think to have a drink around my child so before you go judging me, take a look at yourself in the mirror.

Carol

Posted at 4:27 PM on March 1, 2011

I feel so bad for your child.

Lilysmommy

Posted at 3:27 PM on March 3, 2011

You really shouldn’t, she has a wonderful life and is a joy to raise. You should spend more of your time worrying about the amount of children that go hungry every night and are abused daily.

JENSPAL

Posted at 9:31 PM on February 23, 2011

Guess times are changing. I managed to raise 5 very successful children and 4 foster children without ever taking drugs, smoking pot, drinking or doing a reality show to pay my bills. As long as my hard earned tax dollars don’t have to pay for your choices in life, do as you wish.

joboo97

Posted at 6:30 PM on February 23, 2011

and how does she pay for this pot with no real income to speak of. i bet she spreads her legs to get it. this girls is a trainwreck…. she needs to get help.

jen

Posted at 9:06 PM on March 8, 2012

Okay for one pot aint Meth u don’t need to spread ur legs to get stoned so stfu and and maybe u should go a put urtself in her shoes for a day and not judge jennelle…

North

Posted at 9:52 AM on February 23, 2011

Of course it’s NOT ok for a mom! But Jenelle isn’t a mom so whatever. She was a home for Jace for 9 months, that doesn’t make her a mother. I’m a mother and I would NEVER do that, or let my son be around anything like that. I don’t think any mother should, no exceptions!

BERTS

Posted at 2:09 PM on February 23, 2011

SHE IS STUPID HAVING DONE SUCH MESS.

mannequin

Posted at 7:21 AM on February 23, 2011

I think an older, more responsible mom may be able to do that, but she’s just immature and self centered all over the place. Feeling sorry for that child…

sarahlynn28

Posted at 4:34 PM on February 23, 2011

TRUE THAT

erin

Posted at 8:46 PM on February 22, 2011

Addicted to pot? Are you kidding? Marijuana isn’t an addictive substance, nor is it truly bad for you. This whole war on drugs is ridiculous. What is she gonna get “REEFER MADNESS” and kill her kid? Doubtful. My mother was a raging, violent alcoholic (completely legal I might add). I’ve never had a single baked person get violent with me. As for it being illegal, paper companies saw hemp as competition and got government legislation to ban it. So not only are we banning a harmless plant, but we’re hurting trees (I’ll just let that soak into your consumption driven celeb-obsessed brains)………on a side note, reading the anti-pot comments below me, I can safely say that “pot makes U stewpid” is no longer a valid argument. Dumb bitties.

sarahlynn28

Posted at 4:45 PM on February 23, 2011

I like you Erin, Me and you could hang. I get medical Maj, I’m Bi-polar and have anxity. I’m a mother of 4. Who takes great care of my kids, I run a clean mean Home, I’m co-chair at my school’s PTA, I don’t smoke around my kids. Pot don’t make you a bad mom. It should be legal. Alcohol should be illegal not pot.Drunks are way worse than pot heads. Smoke Love Life n you Family, Point is Jenelle Sucks Pot DON’T!!!

LEAVE THE POT ALONE !!!!!BLAME A MOM WHO DON’T CARE ABOUT HER SON!! JENELLE YOU SUCK AND GIVE US POT HEADS A BAD NAME!!!

MommyX2

Posted at 1:07 PM on April 11, 2011

I have 2 beautiful kids that are healthy, properly dressed, athletic, happy, kind, above average intelligence, and well mannered. I work Mon-Friday 8a-1p, own my 4 bedroom home, and it’s so clean (with the exception of toys laying around, but hey, kids will be kids and mine, like most, love to play) you could eat off my floors. I also keep a secret. I smoke marijuana daily. Once early before my kids get up, once during their afternoon nap, and once after they go to bed and fall asleep. My life is happy, my kids’ lives are happy. I never get frustrated and lash out, hey, I’ve never even raised my voice. I am a responsible mother and pot is to thank.

Janie

Posted at 6:08 PM on February 22, 2011

Of course its not okay. The child is liable to grow up as stupid as it’s mother.

undrgrndgirl

Posted at 4:03 PM on February 22, 2011

to those of you who voted no…is it ok for a mom to have a glass of wine everyday? or a beer? if you said yes, you need to reevaluate your answer to the polling question.

gbtw

Posted at 5:24 PM on February 22, 2011

sigh… sorry, it’s not the same. as of today, recreational use of marijuana is illegal- so in addition to impairing one’s reasoning abilities, etc., it also opens up a-whole-nother realm of “bad for kid” possibilities such as being arrested and teaching your child that it’s okay not to follow the rules that you disagree with. point, even if you think pot should be legal, it ain’t. so, it isn’t the same analysis as a drink a day.

erin

Posted at 8:57 PM on February 22, 2011

Just because something is legal/illegal doesn’t make it right or wrong. At one point it was legal to buy slaves, at one point it was illegal to marry outside your race. LESS THAN 50 YEARS AGO IT WAS ILLEGAL FOR WOMEN OR BLACK PEOPLE TO VOTE! Civil disobedience my friend, if it doesn’t follow moral law (things that hurt other people) or common sense, I will not abide by that law.

sarahlynn28

Posted at 4:33 PM on February 23, 2011

I agree with you 100% u had the best comments I’v read. Who cares that she smokes pot, She is a shitty mom, And the weeds not making her a shitty mom , she does it by herself. All these STUCK UP SOCCER MOMS SHOULD TRY HITTING IT, Probably never even tried it before,But I bet they drink wine on the weekend, But wanna Judge other people, Alcohol is Legal and Kills people everyday. How many joints would you have to smoke to die? When you drunk you can’t walk talk drive, I can do everything. And it helps bi-polar, anxity, pain. People DON’T BLAME WEED LEAVE IT ALONE , BLAME JENELLE!! 4-REAL

erin

Posted at 8:51 PM on February 22, 2011

Alcohol can effect the Childs life 10000x more. People fail to realize that just because it’s illegal, doesn’t make it wrong. It’s less harmful than cigarets or alcohol and yet it’s illegal. In all honesty, weed is the least of jenelles problems.

ZBs

Posted at 3:46 PM on February 22, 2011

What’s really important is the use of proper grammar in one’s publishing. Pot might affect a parent’s ability to parent, but it is very unlikely that it would ever effect that ability on its own.

Lol. She’s ugly; who cares what she smokes. Ugly people should not be allowed to raise children at all. Problem solved!

KM

Posted at 12:47 PM on February 24, 2011

You’re an imbecile what do her looks have to do with anything at all?

barRbiieE

Posted at 3:22 PM on February 22, 2011

HERE IN ALTERNATIVE SHXT IITZ BORED AS FUK::MISSIN MY FRENDZ OUT THERE HER WIIT ASCUCENA,MARIA,NOE,BLANCA,CYNDI,Y OTRAS GURLS HA:D MIIZ MY BABE JESUS I LOVE YEW WIT ALL MY <3 HE MMUAHHH LOVE YA PPL!!!

TheAshley

Posted at 2:33 PM on February 22, 2011

Hey guys, would you mind linking my site to this story…www.theashleysrealityroundup.com?

Thanks!