Rihanna Rescinds Chris Brown's Restraining Order — Does She Want Her Best Friend Back?

Tue, February 22, 2011 9:28pm EST by 10 Comments

Two years after the domestic assault that tore them apart, Rihanna has asked the judge to rescind Chris’ restraining order to a level one and he agreed. Do you think it is for the best?

It’s only been two years since Chris Brown beat up Rihanna during a fight in their car, and despite the five year restraining order the judge placed on Chris, Rihanna had it rescinded to a level one Feb. 22.

As long as Chris, 21, doesn’t harass, bother or molest Rihanna, 23, they can interact with one another, which makes it possible for Chris to attend and perform at award shows and concerts where Ri Ri is also present.

Throughout the last two years as Chris has undergone community service and parole, Rihanna has never attacked his character and has only talked about how sad she was their relationship ended the way it did.

“He was my best friend,” she told Elle in July. “All of a sudden, one night changed our whole lives — not only our friendship, but our lives. I wanted to wake up one day and just not have that pain anymore. I wanted to be with him again or get over him — it was either-or. I just didn’t want to feel the pain, the confusion.”

Even though it makes practical sense for both of their careers to rescind the restraining order (especially Chris’ because he has an upcoming album), maybe the two former lovers want to regain the friendship they lost that fateful night.

Kirstin Benson

The New iPad

Posted at 6:29 AM on June 28, 2012

I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site. Studying this info So i’m glad to show that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I such a lot certainly will make certain to do not disregard this web site and give it a glance on a continuing basis.

Mary

Posted at 3:48 PM on April 4, 2011

I agree with madrid that chris is human we all make mistake.No body is perfect.I think now is time for them to put hands together and fogget past.

Beth

Posted at 6:46 AM on February 23, 2011

Rihanna didn’t ask to have the order rescinded. Chris did and she didn’t object or care. It’s an extremely huge leap to say that they want to get back together. Chris just wants to clean up his image and be able to go anywhere he wants. And Rihanna probably has moved on a long time ago.

neo

Posted at 4:29 AM on February 23, 2011

She is doing the right thing most of all for her, i believe they have grown from the experience and its good they want to move foward as friends or even as normal people who made peace.

Casey Mark

Posted at 2:58 AM on February 23, 2011

I am saying my opinion in regard of this new decision which judge has made so far. The both styles are young and they both look good together. I think every relationship has no perfacted plans as expected sometime. I love the idea that Rihana she has the sense of honor to recall back my chris.

I am happy for them…

Madridguy

Posted at 2:13 AM on February 23, 2011

I voted YES, Because Chris is a human being like everybody else, it’s a mistake. I love to see both of them again.

Bliss

Posted at 11:03 PM on February 22, 2011

I voted NO! Why? Because he’s crazy and although he possibly could learn from his mistakes, maybe after a life long of analysis. I think that Chris will try to get back with her and she will probably STUPIDLY, agree. And I know that people don’t just change, alot has to happen in ones life to change. I don’t think he changed, I think he wants to change but I don’t think he has, so if letting the restraining order off means Chris getting into Rhianna’s good graces then I say no. That man is dangerous and crazy. He obviously thought he was “god” that night. He probably thought that he would get away with what he did because he has seen women get beat all his life. Why stop now? I would never trust him again. EVER! She needs someone with a decent healthy mentality, not this – very close to becoming a serial killer – sicko.

Lee

Posted at 2:35 AM on February 23, 2011

Not for us to judge.He who is without sin let them cast the first stone. She didn’t say she’s getting back with him if so it’s none of our d@mn business.

michele

Posted at 5:20 AM on February 23, 2011

Interesting opinion and theory but how could you possibly know what they plan on doing or if he has or hasnt changed as a person? Why does it seem like the world has more of an opinion on this than the two people involved in the “incident”? I’m sure both of them have had some type of evolution because this was a pretty major event for them.

People’s memories are either short or they just want to remember what they want but this reversal shouldn’t be a surprise because her attorney stated before the order was put in place by the judge that Rihanna thought it was unneccesary. She then repeated this on her 20/20 interview. I have faith that people change because if we didn’t, there is no hope for ANYONE.

She was there, I was not – if she has no ill will, why should I? I never did because it wasn’t my life and this isn’t my journey to experience.

trish

Posted at 8:51 AM on February 23, 2011

I agree 100% with Michele. I believe that people can change as long as they personally acknowledge their negative behaviors and go through the process to change them. I worked for a DV agency for years and people can change. I wish them both the best.

If they decide to be amicable and at least be friends I hope they have learned alot from these past years and apply new wisdom into what ever type of association they may have with one another.