'Teen Mom' Kailyn Lowry Totaled Her Car Because She Wasn't Looking At The Road! Exclusive Details

Fri, February 18, 2011 12:34pm EST by 11 Comments
Splashnews.com

SplashNews.com

We told you Kailyn ran her car into the back of an SUV after picking up her 1-year-old son from day care, and it turns out the accident was HER fault!

Thankfully, Kailyn Lowry, 18 and her son Isaac, 1, weren’t injured when they were involved in a car accident on Feb. 15 in Lower Nazareth Township, PA. HollyBaby.com has obtained the police report that reveals Kailyn was driving down Route 191 in the area of Daniels Road at 5:30 pm when she “looked down to get something,” causing her to ram her compact Nissan into the back of the Jeep in front of her!

The Teen Mom 2 star immediately tweeted that she and Isaac were “fine” but she made it very clear she that she wasn’t happy about having to buy a new car.

“Yeah, no one was hurt except my bank account will be feeling it when I have to get a car eventually.”

The police report also stated that Kailyn, Isaac, and Michele Sandone, the woman driving the SUV, all refused medical attention.

— Chloe Melas

Jennifer

Posted at 10:43 AM on May 3, 2011

THANK YOU!!! All these girls simply just made a mistake.. I am sure they wouldn’t change it now, because if they had waited they would not have the same kids they have right now!!! Plus they are using birth control to prevent themselves from getting pregnant again (until they are ready).. These people act like they are perfect little angels, when in reality EVERYONE has something they have done at some point that they aren’t proud of.. They have STRESSED to everyone that they went on this show to help teens see that it’s NOT easy being a mom especially as a teen. I was a teen mom, and yes my baby was planned!!! I had both of my kids while I was a teen. My daughter was born when I was 18 and my son when I was 19 and they were BOTH planned. Before you judge me, it isn’t your place to do that! But I was a VIRGIN until I got MARRIED and then we decided as a couple to try to conceive a baby.. The reason I even told ya’ll this is so ya’ll will understand that I know what these girls are going through to an extent.. I was a teen mom, the only difference was I had my husband there to help me and I didn’t have cameras and paparazzi following me every minute!!! But I had to be homebound during my pregnancy with my daughter, because I was spotting and they couldn’t promise that I wasn’t going to lose her.. At 7 months pregnant I took my exams and then they some how were lost, so I failed my grade.. At that point I was so discouraged that I didn’t go back after the summer ended, instead I went to get my GED soon after getting pregnant with my son, yes he was also planned.. Then yet again the same thing happened.. I started spotting, so I stopped going to school yet again! But I am PROUD to say that I went back to school March 2011 and took the practice test and they told me I was eligible to go take the official GED test at the college on April 13th & 14th.. I went and took the tests and I am proud to say, I received my GED 7 years after I first quit going to school! My daughter is about to be 7 and my son is almost 5 1/2, they both starting school and are doing well and I felt it was a good time for me to return to school for me and my family, so that’s what I did! So instead of hounding these girls we should be encouraging them not to give up and to keep going!!! They just made a bad choice, but they all have beautiful children because of what was once a mistake. So have a heart, you can like it, you can love, you can hate it but you can’t change it!! I hope ya’ll have a very blessed day!!!

Melinda

Posted at 1:04 AM on March 5, 2013

eww, come on you don’t need to tell us that. it was okay until you mentioned spotting. i think it’s funny (but dangerous) that kailyn smashed into a Jeep and now she has one. More damages!

annoymous

Posted at 3:44 AM on March 29, 2011

okay first off!! how does the baby refuse to seek medical attention.you sound dumb.,issac cant even talk. now kailyn might have refused for her son to seek medical attention but he didnt do it himself.and okay.this article is stupid and im about to dismiss this site.how many ppl have looked down or reached down to get something that fell.im sure she didnt do it on purpose..and to post this like shes some bad person or mother is ridiculous

Jan G.

Posted at 11:55 PM on March 12, 2011

You nailed it Dan!!

Jan G.

Posted at 11:06 PM on March 12, 2011

These immature, ignorant girls have no business ruining their lives and the lives of others around them, especially their babies’ lives. I work an honest job 5 days a week (school bus driver). I wish I got paid for working honestly what these guttersnipes get just for having a bastard child!!

annoymous

Posted at 3:47 AM on March 29, 2011

dang jan tell us how you really feel.I think everybody is just tripping because shes a teen mom and shes on this show making a bunch of money for exposing her life nationally.i dont think she should have been leaning down and should have waited until she had stopped,but thats no reason to bash her.she made a mistake.it didnt say she was txting or putting on makeup and ran into the back of the car.come on now get a grip

WHO IS SHE?

Posted at 8:00 PM on February 19, 2011

SHE ON A STUPID TEEN MOM 2 SHOW AND SHE FAMOUS HER LIFE IS BORING THERE STUPID GIRLS HAVING SEX TO YOUNG AND THEY GET PAID A LOT I DONT CARE ABOUT THEM

catherine moreaux

Posted at 6:09 PM on February 23, 2011

You seem to know a lot about her. Are you sure you don’t know who she is?

Dumb

Posted at 11:24 PM on March 14, 2011

then y r you clicking on the link and posting bout them u must care and watch the show ur a dumb ass just like her

Jennifer

Posted at 9:37 AM on May 3, 2011

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand.. If you can’t say anything nice then please keep it to yourself! Thanks!

Dan

Posted at 2:18 PM on February 18, 2011

If you hit someone from behind it doesn’t “turn out” to be your fault; it is “always” your fault. You are *required* to be able to stop if the car in front of you does a panic stop. *Most* people follow to closely to be able to do that. If she looked down for less than a second and rear-ended the car in front, she was following to closely. If you allow 1 second for each ten feet of vehicle length with 2 seconds minimum you will pretty much eliminate any need to stop quickly. Most people follow more closely than that and every once in while it gets them in trouble; all it takes is a glance in the rear view mirror or at your gauges or the radio or the scenery, at the wrong time. That’s how multi-car pileups happpen.