We’re totally inspired by the models we’ve seen sporting loose, cool buns on the Fall 2011 runways!
This bun is a perfect go-to when you haven’t washed your hair and need to get some style, stat! It looks elegant and stylish but doesn’t take a ton of products or time — you won’t believe how easy it is!
Just follow the quick and simple steps below:
- If you haven’t washed your hair in a day or so, massage a little dry shampoo into your scalp before getting started. This will help soak up oil and make your hair easier to work with.
- Pull your hair back like you’re putting it into a medium-low ponytail.
- Twist the hair around into a bun, then secure it with bobby pins. (Don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be too perfect!)
- Pull at the ends of your hair to get a few pieces to fall out, giving it that “undone” look. (For a look like the one at the Narciso Rodriguez show, you’ll want to pull lots of pieces out!)
- Rub a dime-sized amount of smoothing cream between your hands and smooth them over any flyaways pieces.
- Spray the bun with hairspray to keep it in place.
And you’re ready to go! Can you believe how easy that is? Check out the products below for ideas, and let us know if you’re going to try it the next time you need an easy but pulled-together look!