Justin Bieber Says He's Anti-Abortion, Even In Cases Of Rape: 'Everything Happens For A Reason.'

Wed, February 16, 2011 11:15am EDT by 116 Comments

Did the Biebs go too far with his latest interview, or do you respect him for speaking his mind?

For Justin Bieber‘s sake, I WISH I was taking this quote out of context… but I am not. During a just-released interview in Rolling Stone, the topic of conversation turns to abortion (for some reason) and Justin, 16, makes his opinion known: “I really don’t believe in abortion … It’s like killing a baby.” Then the interviewer asks if Justin still feels that way in cases of rape. Unfortunately, he answers the question…

“Well, I think that’s really sad, but everything happens for a reason,” he answers. “I guess I haven’t been in that position, so I wouldn’t be able to judge that.”

Derpintyne

Posted at 1:33 AM on August 18, 2012

“I guess I haven’t been in that position so I wouldn’t have been able to judge that” should have been his question for the entire subject. It is a woman’s choice and men can say what they would prefer, but they have no right to judge women who do get abortions.

Georgia

Posted at 10:34 PM on June 14, 2012

I am a pre med student and an abortion is killing a bunch of cells in your body, not a child. If it was born then it would not survive. Everyone kills thousands of cells in their body everyday and every one of them serve a purpose just as cells that eventually make a child do. it’s up to the mother to decide, giving your child up for adoption can be very traumatic and not everyone wants to do that nor keep their child. its a personal decision and no one should tell you you are wrong.

Lauren Brooks

Posted at 12:15 AM on April 29, 2011

He’s allowed to have an opinion, of course, but that last part..
1. He will never be raped by his father or a stranger and become pregant
2. He will never go through pregnancy/abortion.

I believe that abortion should only be used in times of serious need, like when it risks your life or in rape.
Saying abortion is “killing a baby” is like saying fried eggs are chicken abortions. The farmers purposely make sure the eggs aren’t fertilized when they are delivered. That’s “killing a baby” animal too!
Honestly though. It has the chance of becoming a baby, but at that stage it is just a fetus.
Think about eggs before you say something about abortions.

mary

Posted at 6:11 PM on September 24, 2011

Dear lauren Brooks,
1. you are wrong he could get raped, even by his father.
2. you are right he wont have to go throught that but he could go throught th process of being a father, just because the women carry the baby doesnt make the father any less than a parent than the mom is.

Also do you not understand that the eggs we eat arent fertilized, and that a baby is? So what your saying is that a woman having her period would be like eating eggs.
You need to think about that before you say something.

maddie

Posted at 1:33 AM on April 2, 2011

he had every right to answer that question!

Michelle103

Posted at 1:24 PM on March 2, 2011

As a child conceived out of rape, I agree with his statement. Sometimes things happen for a reason and good things can come from even the most painful and horrible situations. But like he said, he hasn’t been in the sitation so he doesn’t know. None of us truly know unless we have been in that situation. No one can make that decision for another person. Did I have issues growing up knowing that was my method of conception, yes. But would I rather my birth mother chose abortion over giving me up for adoption? Not for a second.

ROSALEE

Posted at 12:47 PM on October 16, 2011

I think that was a brave thing for your mother to do. It is hard to accept that and to keep. Some woman are not that strong I was never in that situation but i could just imagine that hard decision that could be. I also believe that its up to that woman to decide what to do with her body and her life. I think of course a 16yr old well he has a reputation to withhold and if he were say he was for it then he would look bad because the world does not like abortions. Thats all I have to say.

cellshealthy

Posted at 1:26 AM on March 2, 2011

Is killing a sperm considered abortion? Is killing an egg considered abortion? Is it considered abortion the very moment the egg is fertilized by the sperm? At what point is it considered “murder” of a child? 1 day, 2 days, 1 week, 1 month after the egg has been fertilized? Or is it only “murder” once the fetus has gained a consciousness of it’s own, and if so, at what age is that? THOSE are the important questions. At EXACTLY what point is it suddenly considered murder?

If killing a single cell is murder, then we all commit murder when we eat junk food and force harmful substances onto our cells. In fact that’s one reason for low sperm counts.

I personally feel we should let people make their own choice to abort from the level of intellect and reason, and realize that a baby doesn’t have the intellectual capabilities to decide what is in the best interest of all parties. Perhaps if that child did have a fully developed intellect it would choose to lay down it’s own life for the sake of easing other people’s (the mother’s) suffering. Would you never lay down your life for somebody else?

Justin

Posted at 8:59 PM on February 28, 2011

You can bet he’ll change his tune real quick the first time he gets some Hollywood bimbo knocked up! It’ll be a real good laugh too!

Carol

Posted at 3:07 PM on March 1, 2011

Not gonna happen. This boy was brought up RIGHT.

Mac

Posted at 8:52 PM on February 28, 2011

I wonder if he knows how to put on a condom.

Argle Bargle

Posted at 12:06 PM on February 26, 2011

Who cares what Justin Bieber believes? He’s not old enough to have experienced enough of life to even have anything worth saying. When he’s been on the music scene for ten or twenty years, then maybe he’ll begin to have an opinion that someone might listen to.

Kristine

Posted at 4:17 AM on February 26, 2011

Talking abortion with a kid that has never even had sex is ridiculous. He can barely spell abortion for crying out loud. His statements are ignorant, and I’m so glad this creep didn’t win a Grammy… ’cause he certainly didn’t deserve one.

Educate yourself JB, then speak out on hot issues- period.

SierraKathleen

Posted at 11:01 AM on February 25, 2011

I think since it was brought up Justin has every right to voice his opinion. Whether any of us agree with him or not, everyone is entitled to their own viewpoints after all. And no offense, I don’t think age has anything to do with him being right or wrong — there are some very mature teenagers out there. And besides, if we want our future generations to take stride in a better direction, they need to be educated early on. So in their teens, I think, is a great place to start!

For the record though, I definitely agree with Justin’s answer. I’m pro life and I think I would’ve answered in the exact same way.

stevie

Posted at 6:33 PM on February 23, 2011

Like most of America, I dismissed this Beiber kid as a nondescript piece of fluff in the beginning, but I must confess I’m liking him more and more. How refreshing to see a well-bred, morally upright kid in the entertainment industry. Way to stick to your beliefs, Justin!! Don’t let your decadent contemporaries steer you down the wrong path. I may even see this kid’s movie.

HI 50

Posted at 2:42 PM on February 23, 2011

Hope he has the same opinion when someone he loves is raped & is pregnant.

undrgrndgirl

Posted at 4:07 PM on February 22, 2011

he’ll change his mind when his first girlfriend is “late”…

Breanna

Posted at 12:50 AM on February 22, 2011

I love how all the comments about abortion never being okay and saying that the person who gets raped should keep the baby also say they’ve never been in that position. How do you think you’d like it if first you were violated by some creep then forced to carry his child? You’d feel sick just knowing a child of the monster who raped you was in your stomach. And then to look the child in the face…you can say you should keep the baby no matter what, but you know you would take one look at the baby and see the rapist. If you’ve never been in the position, you can’t really make a judgment.

Ramona

Posted at 12:58 PM on February 21, 2011

What if YOU had been concieved due to rape and you were aborted . . . . You wouldn’t be here right now.
Rape is wrong but so too is abortion. The child is innocent.

Think of all the great people in the world , who have all left their stamp , who had done and achieved great things. They all could have been born beacuse of rape.

debek

Posted at 5:23 PM on February 21, 2011

Nor would I be reading this. If no one hears the tree fall, it doesn’t matter – dope!

Common Sense

Posted at 6:12 AM on February 26, 2011

But I wasn’t and I am. Babies don’t have memory or recognition for years. So, really, terminating it because the father is a rapist is NOT WRONG AT ALL FULL STOP.

A baby born into a family that doesn’t want it, can’t support it, wasn’t prepared for it and was born under a situation of forced intercourse is NOT something to be ashamed of terminating.

Here’s another FUN FACT for you KIDDIES out there: Violent crimes and tendencies tend to be biologically inhereted, ESPECIALLY rape and serial killing tendencies.

Argle Bargle

Posted at 12:11 PM on February 26, 2011

@Ramona…same for you. But you are. As for those who aren’t, no one will ever know.

But till all anti-abortion people put their money, and time where their mouth is and take care of all the kids that are here without proper care, they really have nothing to say about it, do they?

They talk the talk, but don’t walk the walk.

jc

Posted at 6:38 PM on February 26, 2011

so you pro-life people are asking a tromatised woman to force herself to keep the seed of a sick, evil man and raise it herself and be reminded everyday of the worst thing that happened to her. everyone has a choice and dont say “the fetus didnt” because the woman that was raped didn’t have one either and now you tell and try to force her to suffer. every female in my family has been threw that and rape doesnt only distroy the life of a victum it also effects their family and my family is proof. I can’t even hear a story about rape without seeing the insedant in my mine and feeling so sad, angry and sick to my stomach. rape is the ultimate violation and I cant believe you want to put a life threw more horror. besides for people that support life, you also killed people by doing it so really you don’t all you want to do is control everyone else.

Jessica

Posted at 1:03 PM on November 21, 2011

It’s called adoption. It’s a great alternative. Nobody is asking her to do anything but give birth to it and then pass it to someone else who won’t hate it. She doesn’t have to keep it, but killing it doesn’t help anyone. She is still going to have a lot of pain. And no, rape isn’t the ultimate violation, murder is. It’s not about controlling everyone else, it’s about speaking for those who can’t speak for themselves. If it was the woman dying, then she could have the right to choose no problem, but it isn’t her body that being ended, it’s the body of her child. So saying that she can choose what happens to her own body isn’t even a valid argument. Fact: It isn’t her body! It’s her babies body.

I am a product of rape, and yeah there has been hard times and I don’t know who my father is. But I’m not a rapist and never will be. And I have a loving family and I live a normal life. There is no one suffering because I am alive. i think it’s a horrible thing to say that if someone has a rape child then everyone will suffer. I think you are making accusations about everyone just because of your own life. Yeah, some people suffer, but some people don’t too. And if you can’t handle it, then give it up for adoption. For heaven’s sake, at least give the kid the benefit of the doubt. They could make a lot of people happy one day.

heather

Posted at 12:12 PM on February 21, 2011

Really? You people really care what a 16-year old boy says about abortion. And you think he’s right?! Idiots! No, really you are all idiots. Makes me sick.

Chris

Posted at 6:14 PM on February 20, 2011

The mind of a 16 year old asshole! Sick! Give me a break!

Someone with a brain

Posted at 4:21 PM on February 18, 2011

wake up call. GOD ISN’T REAL. I really wish CHILDREN were not aloud to state such ignorant outdated opinions that are going to affect Americas youth It is the WOMANS CHOICE, not the not even living parasite in her stomach. Life and death is our choice. There is no great creator and you will recieve no mercy for perpetuating ideas that make people suffer. But from the history of you christians women have never really mattered all that much amirite? We dont need anymore children in this world. We are over populated with ignorant fools like this. If anything, when some crack head whos homeless gets knocked up they should have to have an abortion. If you want to have a baby you should have to pass an IQ test.

Chris

Posted at 6:17 PM on February 20, 2011

Don’t you know the difference between “aloud” and “allowed”??? LOL!!! Better buy a dictionary. Didn’t you pay attention in school?

Argle Bargle

Posted at 12:13 PM on February 26, 2011

OMG! Did you go to school? “Someone with a brain” certainly doesn’t write like it.

Looks like you failed your IQ test.

Rebeccagrace

Posted at 6:07 AM on February 18, 2011

I am anti-abortion, with three very important exceptions: Rape, incest, or life threatening danger to mother or baby if the pregnancy continues. I think Justin is a compassionate person, but I don’t think he would feel the same way if someone close to him were raped and got pregnant from it…but after all he is just 16. He has lots to learn, but I think it’s commendable that he stuck to his guns.

jess

Posted at 1:56 PM on February 18, 2011

justing beiber was shockingly correct about his answer. there is no reason to have an abortion, ive been in the situation and at the end of the day a life and death is not our choice. if i have a child inside me, I will not kill the child just because they cannot speak yet, the FACT is that they have the right to live , this is not an opinion. you have no say over someone elses life, that is actually savage and ignorent to think that way

jess

Posted at 2:02 PM on February 18, 2011

and to add to that, just because you are raped which is one of the most horrible things that can happen to anyone, you are not going to allow another wrong deed to be done. thats like letting the raipest win over you. So he rapes you, you get pregnant and then because he raped you, you go and murder. your continuing his cycle of evil. You on the contrary should try you hardest to get him in jail(for life), and realize what happend is horrible but you are not going to kill a baby just because some horrible idiot came along the way. there is a MILLION women out there that cannot have babies and cry everyday because of it, if you dont want the child, you will be doing something beautiful and life changing by giving the child to someone who cannot bare their own child. That way the raipest does not win over anyone.

jess

Posted at 2:05 PM on February 18, 2011

oh and a Real mother, would die for her child. I personally cannot live without my daughter, so I cannot fathom another woman doing an abortion just because she is going to die. Your child should come first, I know if your a good unselfish mother you understand what I am saying.

Johno

Posted at 6:07 PM on February 25, 2011

Right, so nobody should be allowed to abort a fetus thats growing inide them against their will that contains the DNA of the sick bastard who raped her?
Thats disgusting and youre sick for not terminating it.
Now that child is gonna grow up knowing that it is the product of rape and that its father is a rapist

Common Sense

Posted at 6:25 AM on February 26, 2011

Which would explain all those women that dive into the surf to save their drowning children, That’s usually a happy ending right? Oh wait no they BOTH die.

In a case of giving birth to a baby from rape who wins?
You: No, you get a baby that you don’t want, can’t provide for, weren’t prepared for and is the child of your rapist.

The baby? Oh yeah, cause something that isn’t even aware of it’s own existence until a few months AFTER IT’S BORN will appreciate you..oh wait no it won’t. What about when it grows up? Will it like knowing it was the product of rape and is inheriting those genes? Would it be pleasing for it to know all the financial, physical and mental harm it’s mothers suffered? No?

If it dies, no-one suffers (NOT EVEN THE BABY) If it’s born, everyone suffers/

Common sense, signing out.

cmill

Posted at 3:06 AM on March 2, 2011

Speaking from the stand point of someone who has been raped and someone who now has 2 daughters ( not by rape) …I can say you are wrong! There is an amount of shame and pain you feel on a daily basis. Feeling this everyday what would allow the rapist to win. To subject a women to carry a child that she can’t mental care for because of her own struggle is wrong . Having that thought that a gift from god came from the work of something so evil is unbearable. There’s a lot of trauma that goes with such an act . My own struggle is knowing the statistic that comes with rape ..its more than likely to happen to the child of a former victim. Hope people read this and think next time to not to get so caught up in your views unless it happens to you.

Lobo

Posted at 10:20 AM on February 19, 2011

Jess respectfully, you could handle the situation, which I commend you for, but that is YOUR experience. I know a young woman who was forced by her parents to carry a baby out of rape, that did more damage to her, mentally, than the rape itself. I say it is up to the individual woman. I would hate to live in a country where something like this was forced on a woman.

Chris

Posted at 6:18 PM on February 20, 2011

“justing”?????

Argle Bargle

Posted at 12:15 PM on February 26, 2011

Well, if you’re ever raped, and you end up pregnant, you let us know how it works out for you.

If you’re a guy…well, you can still let us know how that works out for you.

BieberFever

Posted at 2:01 PM on February 23, 2011

Agreed on all accounts Rebeccagrace… too often celebrities say things just to please the majority and it’s nice to see a young person in the spotlight develop values and opinions based on his beliefs rather than the pressures of Hollywood. He’s one celeb that won’t get caught being disingenuous by contradicting himself.

Common Sense

Posted at 6:08 AM on February 26, 2011

And now here’s the voice of Common Sense

Since when is being anti-abortion in cases of rape pleasing to the majority?

kim

Posted at 12:07 PM on February 26, 2011

i totally agree with everything you´re saying!!!

Dez

Posted at 3:56 PM on February 17, 2011

It’s his opinion, but by sharing it hr has put himself in a position where he will get verbally attacked for it. There is no right or wrong answer, no right or wrong belief just each individuals belief. Personally I’m pro-abortion but I don’t believe that abortion should be used as a form of contraception. But how is it fair to bring a life into the world that won’t get everything it deserves??? How is ot fair to bring a life into the world from rape, quiet possibly the worst part of the mothers life??? If it was me I know everytime I looked at that child I would see the man who had raped me, and as for he’s only 16 he shouldn’t be asked this sort of question what a load of rubbish, kids learn about thus sort of thing at school, and pretty much every kid at 16 has a friend who has been or is pregnant, he should be prepared to answer these sorts of questions!!! But just my opinion!

Kristy B.

Posted at 9:20 AM on February 17, 2011

Everyone is say that he’s only 16 and that he has no right to be talking about such a hot topic. But what adults don’t understand is that teenagers know way more about these situation than you think. You have no clue how many friends that I had that were raped; Never mind how many of them became prego due to a rape. Just because you were raped doesn’t mean that you should abort your baby. Yes its still YOUR baby too. From conception to natural death this child is yours even if the father is the man who raped you.

Abortion is wrong! It’s sad that it takes a child to let the world know what is right. Other adults should be speaking up too. Tons of people go everyday and have abortions that doesn’t make it right. They are taking the life away of a person who you never know could have been the next president, pope, athlete, singer, actor and etc.

Kelex

Posted at 1:42 PM on February 17, 2011

Oh Dear God SHUT UP. I can’t believe you’re advocating rape babies.

I’ll use “most women” as a generality, because I don’t know stats offhand, just information from what I’ve read.

Most women would not want to keep a child that was created by such an act of hate. Moreover, to raise that child is to be reminded, every second of every day, of what was done to the woman by a man. How can you imagine that child would be treated well? Not to mention what it does to the mother’s state of mind?

But no, I forgot, that once they’re knocked up, women cease to be women and become brood mares and incubators for the little parasite that’s co-opting their body’s resources for almost a year.

Kim

Posted at 9:59 PM on February 17, 2011

It’s unbelievable how your answers are so generalized and completely senseless! So are you saying that all women victim of rape that decided to raise their babies are going to hate them? There is even an abortion survivor who posted her anwer here stating that her mom was raped but she chose to keep her baby,and the child was raised with lots of LOVE!

Vespo

Posted at 11:16 PM on February 17, 2011

How about this? None of us will change our minds. I’m not pro life, I don’t think I have he power to judge a woman who chooses abortion, there are tons of things to be considered and not every woman chooses abortion for the same reasons. But personally I’d never get an abortion (I would if somebody raped me) but I can’t imagine living with the knowledge that the foetus could have grown to become somebody.
But as far as pro-life people goes I think George Carlin was absolutely right “These conservatives are really something, aren’t they? They are all in favor of the unborn, they will do anything for the unborn, but once you’re born, you’re on your own!”

Kelex

Posted at 5:15 AM on February 18, 2011

For quoting George Carlin, I love you.

Kelex

Posted at 5:15 AM on February 18, 2011

Kim, you moron.

Did I not preface my entire comment with the admission that I was MAKING a gross generalization based on what I had read of survivor accounts?

While I realize you probably don’t know how to find the word “most” in a dictionary, I beg of you to try. Most means “a lot, but not all of.” So no, by virtue of the word’s definition, I am not saying that all women would hate and/or have issues with a rape child. So, you know, please actually READ what I’m writing before you take issue with it. I’ll even GIVE you a dictionary for all the hard words, like “most” and “choice”.

Nicko

Posted at 2:32 AM on February 17, 2011

America F@ck yeah, seems like women dont have so much choise in this hill billy land. I am stunned to read how many ppl here are against abortion. Come to sweden and try to do the same thing, crazy feminist politicians will go crazy and start to burn money on the grill again(true story!).

FD

Posted at 8:43 PM on February 16, 2011

First of all, he’s a man, so he has no say in women’s rights.
Until men can have babies they can shut their gobs.
Secondly, every woman who takes contraceptives has killed a foetus. The pill does NOT prevent pregnancy. It FORCES the uterine wall to shed, fertilized embryo in it or not!
Thirdly, each person’s life is their own. If a women does NOT want a baby, she should NOT have a baby. If you don’t support abortion, then adopt a child living in one of the many orphanages and foster homes out there. And until you do, then you, too, can shut it with regards to abortion.
Case.Closed.

Kelex

Posted at 1:35 PM on February 17, 2011

I might kind of think you’re my hero.

Penny

Posted at 7:19 PM on February 16, 2011

Kim? take a chill pill and be all psycho to your pastor ok doll? I refuse to exchange views with sb who has no arguments.

As for you all who are so against abortion,i’ll say it again: You can decide what to do with ur life and body but stay out of other people’s business.Who are you to judge others?

Kim

Posted at 10:05 PM on February 17, 2011

So we can’t judge who is in favor of abortion, but we can let you judge who is against? Wow now that makes a lot of sense, gonna go take my chill pill now!