Want to get Lea Michele’s sexy waves from the Grammys? Find out her stylist’s secrets to get the look for yourself!
Didn’t Lea Michele look GORGEOUS at the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards? Though her whole getup was gorgeous, her hair was what really made us do a double take. She really has evolved since she first burst on the scene on Glee, and so has her hair– and we LOVE it! As a matter of fact, we liked last night’s look so much we decided to ask her stylist how YOU can get the look. Read below for his tips!
Lea’s gorgeous hair was created by celebrity hairstylist Mark Townsend. The talented stylist was inspired by the GRAMMY Awards themselves, which are less buttoned-up than some of their awards show season counterparts. Mark though that this was the perfect time to try a new look on Lea, so he hid her bangs and gave her a sharp, defined middle part with textured curls. Here’s the lowdown on how to get this look:
- Starting with wet hair, run a drop of Dove Nourishing Oil Care Serum through your hair. This product contains almond, coconut and mineral oils, which get absorbed into your strands to smooth and nourish.
- Rake a pump of Dove Body & Lift Mousse throughout damp hair and blow dry five-inch sections with a round brush. This will add texture to the hair.
- Spritz hair with the Dove Heat Defense Therapy Mist and separate into three sections.
- Wrap two to three inch sections of hair around a two-inch curling iron, alternating the curl direction both away and towards the face, while spraying the Dove Unscented Flexible Hold Hairspray with Natural Movement (Aerosol) to hold the wave. This technique results in defined, textured curls rather than beachy waves.
- Use a thick pomade to keep the middle part defined, then rub a pea-sized amount of Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Smoothing Cream between your hands and rake it through the ends of your hair to keep it shiny and smooth flyaways.
- Spray hair with Dove Unscented Extra Hold Hairspray with Natural Movement (Aerosol) and brush waves out. This spray dries quickly and, once you brush your hair out, it will give you defined waves with amazing hold.
Will you be trying this look for your next big event?