Jennifer Love Hewitt Says Real Women Should Be Celebrated, Not Picked On! EXCLUSIVE!

Sat, February 12, 2011 10:07am EST by 5 Comments

We caught up with the star front row at BCBG, where she spilled on her biggest pet peeve!

Ever since the 31-year-old star was publicly criticized for pictures of her in a bikini looking somewhat heavier than her I Know What You Did Last Summer Days, Jennifer Love Hewitt has been outspoken about body image. She’s even spoke up for the sake of other celebs who have fallen victim to similar media attacks! Keep reading to find out what she said!

Hollywoodlife.com caught up with Jennifer at New York Fashion Week, where the runways are flooded with the thinnest of the thin and the pressure is always on to be looking your best.

She told us, “I think its important that we in Hollywood, and in the business, start paying homage to [real women] instead of picking on them. We’re picking on what real women look like and that’s not fair. They’re the women who buy the magazines and go see the movies. I do think that, just like everyone else, that drop dead gorgeous, size zero, super tall models are amazing looking, but the average woman does have a presence and I think she should celebrate that too.” We agree!

yugioh starter deck

Posted at 6:54 PM on April 20, 2012

I’ve read several just right stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you set to create this kind of excellent informative web site.

אדמות למכירה

Posted at 10:33 PM on April 19, 2012

Hi there, I found your blog by means of Google at the same time as searching for a related topic, your site came up, it seems to be great. I’ve added to favourites|added to bookmarks.

Allay

Posted at 11:59 AM on February 12, 2011

Can you not refer to it as ‘real women’? There’s no need to make anyone feel bad about their bodies. I don’t like the focus on thinner women in the media either but saying they aren’t real women is a huge insult. I’ve always been really thin and have had to endure comments about how real women are curvy and real women aren’t size twos. Real women come in all shapes and sizes, why can’t they all be celebrated, assuming they are healthy and happy.

Holly

Posted at 10:22 AM on February 12, 2011

what bothers me is that she would have never spoken about this until she was in that position. Before when she was thin and looked good, she probably didn’t care about real women, now that she’s been seen in her bikini and looking like a real person, she’s all hurt and saying be kind to the real woman. I really hate when celebrities do that.

Barb

Posted at 12:28 PM on February 12, 2011

Holly said…”I really hate when celebrities do that” I see you putting word’s in Jennifer’s mouth. You don’t know if she’s the type to do that. I really hate it when nobodys do that! I am not a big star watcher but I see bit’s & pieces of Hollywood and have always found Jennifer sweet & delightful. She’s got a busy life, I am sure she never realized it was so big an issue. It’s not like the media makes fun of ‘normal” fat or ugly people. She’s never picked on you so don’t pick on her. Let’s all just get along.