Lorena's Grey's Anatomy Recap: Are Avery and Lexie About To Get Together?

Fri, February 11, 2011 3:30am EST by 14 Comments

Avery and Lexie showcase a bit of chemistry while Meredith choses between Derek and her mother’s clinical trials in the “Pretty Young Things” episode

I don’t know about you guys, but I think Lexie Grey (Chyler Leigh) deserves to have a freak out or two. She recently found out her boyfriend –who she just forgave for trying to force her to raise his grandchild — is having a baby with his bi-sexual best friend. And now, her father is admitted to the hospital for kidney stones and she discovers he’s dating someone for the first time since her mother died. And not just any someone. A 27-year-old “tatted up skank” someone.

With all of that going on it is no wonder Lexie needs 500 peanut butter cups and a good old-fashioned “get out of my way” screaming session at the woman who is her age, has a hooker tattoo on her arm, and starts describing her sexual experiences with Thatcher Grey.

And although Lexie tries to turn to her big sister for help, Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) tells her to grow up and let Thatcher be happy, because she’s too busy picking between Derek Sheperd’s (Patrick Dempsey) Alzheimer and her mom’s diabetes clinical trials.

So, only one episode after finding out Mark Sloan (Eric Dane) is having a baby with Callie (Sara Ramirez) and Arizona (Jessica Capshaw), Lexie is left all alone. That is until Mark tells Jackson Avery (Jesse Williams) he can perform a plastic surgery if he comforts Lexie. Mark tells Avery to feed Lexie in order to get her talking, and Mcpretty-eyes does just that. But he protects Lexie’s privacy by telling Mark the peanut butter cups didn’t work, and what at first seems like a move based solely on friendship starts to look a little suspicious at the end when Avery asks Lexie for a drink. I think Avery has had a crush on Lexie for some time and while it’s been put on the table while she reconnected with Mark, he may have his opening.

But that’s not all that happened in last night’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy. Here’s more:

• Callie spends much of the episode worrying about whether or not she should have coffee. Mark and Arizona “outvoted” her and said it would be unhealthy for the baby. But at the end she says she can have one cup a day and the baby will be fine. She also clarifies that she, her lady parts, and her baby each count for a vote so she has three total against the other two parents’ single votes each.
  • Alex Karev (Justin Chambers) butts heads with new doctor Lucy Fields (Rachael Taylor) when he calls a brain-dead yet-to-be-born baby a “turnip in a cabbage patch”. But by the end of the day Lucy realizes how much Karev cares about his patients and they have a sexual tension-filled moment (right?!) in the elevator before she turns him down.
  • Lexie made me laugh when she pointed out that it wasn’t the “tatted up skank” that was the b*tch, it was her. Thatcher’s new girlfriend was actually nice, sober, and maybe not just his “mid-life crisis”.
  • Dr. Owen Hunt (Kevin McKidd) saved up his anger with his stunt-loving patient until the end, telling him he’d once had a patient who died after being more beaten up than him. “He threw himself on a grenade to save other soldiers. He didn’t do it for a laugh.”
  • Meredith decided she would rather cure her mother’s disease than work on her legacy. I’d like to say that all of the Alzheimer’s patients they depict on the show have brought tears to my eyes. “Spoon. It’s such a little word. Spoon” said the daughter of a patient when her mom couldn’t remember the third word in a series.

And finally, I’d like to say I love Mark and Lexie together but I think after what she’s been through with Sloan, I wouldn’t blame her for relying on Dr. Jackson Avery. Even Mark notices his good looks! And whose heart didn’t break a little for Lexie when she said “He clobbered me with it again. He’s leaving me behind again.”

So what do you guys think? Are you starting to like Dr. Lucy? Did Meredith make the right choice? Should Avery and Lexie get together?

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

ronnie

Posted at 1:59 PM on February 23, 2011

i think lexie and jackson look good together, i want lexie to be with a nice guy for a change and jackson still doesnt have a love interest and lexie’s my fave female character and jackson’s my fave male character so….

LittleMo

Posted at 3:09 PM on February 19, 2011

Mark and Lexie all the way – BUT – I would like to Mark really suffer for a while. Suffer as in see Lexie and Jackson together and really, really worry that he may have actually lost Lexie this time. Mark has had it too easy – he needs to have to work for Lexie this time.

Kelly

Posted at 1:20 PM on February 15, 2011

If they continue the baby storyline then as much as I love Mark and Lexie, it’s time to free Lexie. She deserves someone who wants a family with her and not just any family, someone who will wait and compromise and want to discuss things with her and plan things with her. That’s not Mark at this point.

mandy

Posted at 7:16 AM on February 13, 2011

Jackson and Lexie have great potential together! they do have great chemistry,they have a friendship which a great basis for a solid relationship later on! and plus as dina posted below,Jackson ain’t a serial sex machine and involve in a heavy handed baby drama like Mark!lol!

dina

Posted at 7:13 AM on February 13, 2011

Jackson and Lexie make a very interesting and refreshing pairing! and they do have wonderful chemistry together! at least,Jackson’s not a manwhore like Mark and is not involved in a twisted and complicated baby drama like Mark!

lothiriel

Posted at 5:48 AM on February 13, 2011

Keep her with Mark !
He made mistakes sure, but still they are MFEO, and BTW is Lexie supposed to go out with every men of the hospital (expect for Owen and the Chief).
She seduced Derek (first ep), dates Alex and Mark, had feelings for Georges, probably go out wth Jackson …

Come on !!!! It is the same SL as last year, Sloan=Mallie’s baby // Alex=Jackson !! Again, and again !!! Let them be happy, and give us a romantic Mark who do not forget abt Lexie for once !

LiZ

Posted at 4:04 AM on February 13, 2011

Noooooooo Mark and Lexie all the way! they love each other so much and they will figure things out.

Jackson back the he’ll off right now!!!!

robyn

Posted at 10:59 AM on February 12, 2011

I don’t think people realize how many good scenes Chyler and Jesse have shared together. If you look back at all of the little Jackson and Lexie moments, it plain to see that theses two have the potential to be an awesome couple. I did like Lexie with Mark for some time, but the substance to their relationship kind of got lost in the last yearish and mark has blown it yet again. The fact that their at two different points in their lives isn’t helping. Age difference has got in the way every time. So, with that said,If they continue a good build up and development of the Jackson/Lexie relationship like they have all season (think about the scenes they had before this episode)and not make this a stupid rebound, one hookup, awks relationship, their relationship could be beneficial for the show. I love love Jackson and Lexie together and I hope the writers give them a fair try, cause they deserve it. Mark and Lexie at least need a loooong break or something, cause they’ve definetly had their chance.

dina

Posted at 7:12 AM on February 13, 2011

Jennifer

Posted at 9:44 AM on February 12, 2011

I love Jackson and Lexie. They would make an adorable couple. Mark has screwed her over twice with the same problem. Lexie should move on, at least for a while with Avery. He’s hot and sweet and they have amazing chemistry. They deserve a shot

Kelly

Posted at 11:44 PM on February 11, 2011

Chyler Leigh is phenomenal. Lexie is so charming. She deserves someone mature, who remembers she’s in the room and wants to discuss things with her, make plans for the future and doesn’t have her be the only one to compromise. I adore Mark and Lexie. I adored Mark when was with Lexie but right now I want more for her. I was hoping Jackson and Lexie would have a Meredith/Cristina like relationship but there chemistry is undeniable and I am open to a love story and not a sleazy hook up.

Sophia

Posted at 4:39 PM on February 11, 2011

No. Gosh no. Lexie needs a friend not another rebound. And for once I wish they wouldn’t hook two people up just because…I adore Mark and Lexie Ns Inhabe faith they’ll work it out eventually…but I do foresee another possible hook up before they do. Which is fine as long as Mark and Lexie are end game.

Janet

Posted at 11:08 AM on February 11, 2011

Yes, I think Avery has been crushing on Lexie for a while now and they are smokin’ hot together. I hope Shonda will go for it and put these two together. I’ve never been a big fan of Lexie and Mark, but I do like the potential here with Avery.

I will also say, it’s nice to see Lexie with a strong voice and getting stronger in herself. I think if anything comes out of this Mark/baby thing, it’s that Lexie will finally find her voice.

gggf

Posted at 8:17 AM on February 11, 2011

Expecting a dat-e on this “valentine’s Day”? Don’t have an access to find your baby?
~~~Bla c k’w h it e’F li rts. C” 0- M~~~ The most successful inte rracial da ting c lub. The best p lac e to find your swee t “milk” or “chocalate”.

Go for it, you will have a d at e soon !! :P
@@@@@