Kelly Bensimon Says New 'Real Housewives Of NYC' Season Is More Real Without Bethenny Frankel! Exclusive!

Wed, February 9, 2011 10:12am EDT by 8 Comments
Getty Images (2)

Getty Images (2)

Could Bethenny’s absence actually improve ratings? Kelly thinks the change has wonders for the show!

Kelly Bensimon isn’t worried about Bravo pushing back the premiere date of  The Real Housewives of New York City to March. In fact, she thinks fans are going to love this new season even more because the drama and relationships are more real… now that Bethenny Frankel has left the cast!

“There was the Bethenny character that flew in and out and made all this drama,” Kelly tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “It’s a totally different season [now] — totally different show.”

“People think that without Bethenny, ‘Is the show going to be able to last?,'” Kelly says. “It was so unauthentic for the past two seasons. The great thing about this season is that, because the relationships are now three to four years old, the actual situations are organic. They are deep and they hurt.”

Still, Kelly won’t admit she’s happy Bethenny is gone. “I would never say that I’m glad,” she says. “She was a cast mate on the show and they chose her. Now she’s gone and the show is taking a completely different direction, which is really exciting.”

And Kelly doesn’t think fans will be let down this season, despite critics suggesting it might be boring. She assures us there will be plenty of drama! “It’s drama that you have — drama that I have with my friends,” she explains. “It’s going to attract so many more viewers because it has depth. It’s not topical drama. I’m making memories [and] there are some very painful moments for me.”

Kelly’s Real Housewives co-star Ramona Singer completely agrees that fans shouldn’t worry about a lack of entertainment this season:

“This will be the best season ever and will be everything but boring,” Ramona assures us. “The viewers will be in such anticipation for it to be on and so will I. The trip to Morocco has it all — great events, tears and laughter!”

— Lindsey DiMattina

Veronica

Posted at 1:33 AM on March 10, 2011

Unfortuantely for Kelly, she is an uneducated, Elle McPherson “wannabe”, who should consult with a very good psychiatrist and take whatever medication she is given to enable her to function amongst normal people.

I tape episodes of RHONYC so I can fast forward when Kelly’s scenes are shown. I cannot for the life of me understand how any of the housewives tolerate her ramblings. The woman cannot string two words together that are meaningful. I only hope that after this season, Bravo will realise that Kelly is the problem with the show.

Seriously Kelly .. you should stay at the Hamptons, preferably under a rock, where you can do no harm.

jackie

Posted at 5:58 AM on February 14, 2011

Kelly is a sick sick freak still obsessing over bethenny…
It amazes me that she still has custody of her children if she carries on like that on a tv show what is she like in private???she should be locked up in a padded room that chick is psychotic & delusional..
I am worried the show is going to be crap & boring now without bethenny she was the star of the show..Used to really like Jill but after the nasty childish behaviour of last season I cant stand her now I do really like Alex & Sonja..Ramona is good for a laugh sometimes coz you just never know what is going to come out of her mouth next..
Luann is arogant so I really dont take much notice of her..

Marina

Posted at 10:43 AM on February 10, 2011

…what an idiot. The only way RHONY would be better is if Kelly disappeared into lala land and they replaced her with just about anyone. What an insufferable moron…

gbtw

Posted at 5:50 PM on February 9, 2011

kelly. ugh. crazy, desperate, pathetic, ugly, bad mom… i doubt the show can keep up with bev hills, but i’d consider watching it just for ramona and sonja- even with bethenny gone. would be happy if jill and kelly took a hike. not a fan of the countess, but like watching her and sort of learning how a “classy” person is supposed to behave… lol… i don’t know what this camille nonsense is, but the idea of camille coming into those women’s circle sounds interesting, to say the very least. i’d like to see her and kelly interact… lol… camille would be dropping her “english lit major” big words, and kelly would be spinning trying to get her brain to work on no calories or intelligence. camille and sonja or ramona would also be very interesting… wonder what ramona would do when camille tried hitting on her husband or stripper dancing in front of him at a charity function. priceless.

JJ

Posted at 4:29 PM on February 9, 2011

Kelly = Delusional. I do not plan to watch this season because Bethenny is no longer a cast member.

Lmhilly

Posted at 1:44 PM on February 9, 2011

I see this idiot is off her meds again because she still can’t stop talking about Bethenny!!

lolanyc

Posted at 1:21 PM on February 9, 2011

yeah Kelly is nuts! The whole show WAS bethany! It’s the only reason I watched those hags LOL
This season got pushed back cuz it sucked! Why would they want camille grammer! Cuz they lost the edge when Bethany left. They need someone like her.. plain and simple. I’ll still watch but at this point I love Bethanys show and Im watching that! But by far Bev hills is now my Fav show.

Sour Grapes

Posted at 12:03 PM on February 9, 2011

The show obviously sucks and that is why the premiere was pushed back. They can spin it all they want to, if the show was any good, it would premiere next week. As far as Kelly goes, she is nutbag and she should have been fired. She doesn’t add anything to the show. All she does is follow Jill Zarin around like a trained puppy dog. I’m not going to bother to watch. Red flags went up when they pushed back the premiere.