Justin Bieber Admits: I Don't Know The National Anthem! Can You Believe It? Watch!

Wed, February 9, 2011 12:24pm EDT by 11 Comments
Loading video...

He says it’s because he’s ‘Canadian.’ Is that a fair excuse?

People are still freaking out over Christina Aguilera‘s National Anthem fail at the Super Bowl — but she’s not the only celeb who doesn’t have the lyrics straight! “I’m Canadian, so I couldn’t tell you what the American National Anthem is,” Justin Bieber confessed Feb. 9 on Access Hollywood Live. Is he serious?

Sadly, yes he is. So let’s discuss this, shall we?

Don’t you think it’s kind of crazy Justin doesn’t know the words to the National Anthem? Granted, I don’t know the words to the Canadian anthem… but I also don’t perform sold-out shows at Canadian arenas.

Click here to talk patriotism (and the Biebs) with Andy on Twitter

Ninten

Posted at 1:55 AM on March 10, 2012

The anthem is stupid anyway. I’m an American and I know more of Canada’s anthem in French than I know my own. Honestly, we should change it to something that is easier to remember.

Ness

Posted at 2:36 AM on February 4, 2012

I think that a national anthem is to show patriotism for your country, if you are not a National for that country, how in hell do you expect to non-nationals knows it?. Ok, USA is big well known country, but is as stupid as to ask USA nationals to sing the UK Anthem just because they where part of that country so many years ago.

LAME!

Sinars

Posted at 8:30 PM on February 9, 2011

Lol he doesnt need to know the anthem.. wtf? Christina didnt even know the damn thing. hahahahah

Anna

Posted at 4:14 PM on February 9, 2011

So, following HL’s logic, Justin Bieber is expected to know the national anthem of each country in which he performs. Wow.

lisa

Posted at 2:59 PM on February 9, 2011

There’s no reason he should! I’m Canadian and I sure as hell don’t know the American anthem. Sure, he sings all over the US but really… He’s NOT singing the anthem! Apparently Americans don’t even know their own! Maybe Justin would know it if he went to school in America but otherwise, it’s unfair to expect that of him.

disco

Posted at 2:09 PM on February 9, 2011

Seriously lame HL. I don’t know your anthem and I don’t want to. I’m proudly Canadian and I’m happy that Justin is a proud Canadian too.

The world doesn’t revolve around the USA

ek

Posted at 1:30 PM on February 9, 2011

He doesnt need to. the worl doesnt revolve around america.
i live in New Zealand, we have a close relationship with Australia and we def dont know eachother’s anthems!!!

Jackie

Posted at 1:14 PM on February 9, 2011

Duh, Of course it’s ok! They don’t teach that in school. How many US Celebrities know the Canadian anthem?!

Kkckvk

Posted at 12:38 PM on February 9, 2011

So who cares if he doesn’t known it?? He’s Canadian he doesn’t have to! Plus I don’t even know it and I’m from USA!

Andy

Posted at 12:49 PM on February 9, 2011

I did a little office poll, and a few people here said the same thing. I think I need to organize a group lesson!

tinamarie

Posted at 1:41 PM on February 9, 2011

Lol..Neither do I and I’m from here as well.