Robert Pattinson Will Play 'Renesmee's Lullaby' In 'Breaking Dawn, Part 2' & He's Filming It This Week!

Mon, February 7, 2011 8:58am EDT by 16 Comments

Is there anything more romantic than a musical vampire? We can’t wait to hear Rob play this song for his ‘daughter’ on the big screen!

Seriously, what can’t Robert Pattinson do? The 24-year-old isn’t just a talented actor, but he’s also an amazing musician! Carter Burwell, the genius behind the original Twilight soundtrack is back to compose the score for the final two installments — and he tweeted that he’s written the music for one of the most anticipated scenes in the movie!

“Just wrote ‘Renesmee’s Lullaby’ for Twilight Breaking Dawn,” Carter tweeted Feb. 5. “Rob Pattinson will play it on camera this week.”

And Rob’s already had two songs on the Twilight soundtrack, “Never Think” and Let Me Sign!” Carter wrote on his blog that many films have to pretend that their actors are playing the piano or other instruments, but not Rob!

“Many films have an actor sitting at a keyboard, swaying back and forth, pretending to play music that was only written after the film has been shot and edited,” Carter writes. “This case was unusual in that Rob is a fine musician, and fully capable of playing the piano or probably any other instrument.”

Plus, listen to Rob’s performance of “Never Think” below:

Loading video...

— Chloe Melas

heyy

Posted at 10:15 AM on November 16, 2012

what is the real name of the song? :) I cant find it on youtube :(

serenyti

Posted at 3:42 PM on March 20, 2012

i really loved part:1 cant wait 2 see part:2 love twilight!!! <3

grace redman

Posted at 5:37 PM on February 22, 2012

i love RENESSMEE and her fam.

grace redman

Posted at 5:36 PM on February 22, 2012

wow i lov breaking dawn part 1 made me cry a little

velvet

Posted at 12:54 AM on March 27, 2011

omg, renessmee is so cute! i think she would be the perfect one to play her ((:

robsessed ♥ ♥ ♥

Posted at 10:30 PM on February 25, 2011

i absolutely can’t wait to see the movie!!! Rpatz is a very talented vampire ever!!!

sunrisewalk

Posted at 10:10 AM on February 23, 2011

I love R-Patz! He’s the hottest vampire alive ever!
I love it when he sings in the Twilght movies, or any where else as for as that goes! I love his voice! His acting is superb!
Team Wolfpire 4 life

carolyn

Posted at 11:39 AM on February 12, 2011

I luv u Robert…Thank u for helping me cope with my life after I watched my husband die…I became a fan of your’s not because of Edward or Twilight, but because of Remember Me and How To Be, because of your beautiful music, playing, and voice, and most especially because of the beautiful person i met, on the inside and the outside…I think seeing u again back here in Vancouver, will be (almost) impossible, with the amount of security they are talking about, and that same situation-1 in a million…But i had my very, very special day, that i seldom share…I will treasure your genuine kindness, and thoughfulness…I think i suprised u when i told u that i was a fan of your other movies, and your music…And when i thanked u for the distaction u gave me after my loss. U just stared down at me, like i had said something different from anyone else, your smile completely faded from your face, and u said u were truly sorry…That u hoped i was feeling even a little better, and you could not imagine how you could have helped me…U gave me a hug as i told u yes, u truly helped, thank u…I started to cry, as you thanked me, and told me that a fan like myself makes it all worth-while…I will never forget those words…It was all so surreal…Then i handed a picture of my husband for u to sign, u hesitated, until i told u the real reason i was such a fan, was because u reminded me of my Ben…For he too was very handsome, talented musically, with the same true beauty inside and out, that is so rare…U smiled, said thank u, and signed; “Dearest Carolyn, you are the true beauty. I will never forget you, and i can promise you that you have helped me. Please, please take care of yourself. I always want to feel you are out there, and still a fan of mine. Though in reality, it is i that am a fan or your’s. With much love, Rob…

KStew must Die

Posted at 9:44 PM on February 7, 2011

Did I just read “talented actor” in this? Rob has about as much talent as a box of rocks….. Sorry that is an insult..to rocks. He just stands around looking hot and does a bit of mediocre acting and all the women get wet in the pants. A name a bunch of good actors and he’s not even on it by a long shot. I would rather watch paint dry than watch him act and I sure as hell don’t want to watch him sing like a loser as well.

Robertpattinson fan

Posted at 11:51 AM on November 21, 2011

Um exscuse me robert pattinson is wayyyyyyy better than who eva u r at least he tries in front of thousands of peaple.unlike you rob ur da best i love u sooooooo much and gud luck in twilight:)!!

LS

Posted at 7:58 PM on February 7, 2011

Rob playing piano in Breaking Dawn is a total win. It’s the best news I have heard about this movie. Edward playing piano was so hot in Twilight. Playing lullaby for his daughter is so sweet and its going to melt fan’s hearts. :)

cassie

Posted at 10:17 AM on February 17, 2011

not really

Christina Hansen

Posted at 7:34 PM on February 7, 2011

I heard this story last week. Late as always.

chris

Posted at 6:22 PM on February 7, 2011

Awesome. Can’t wait.

alex

Posted at 10:38 AM on February 7, 2011

He won’t SING, he will perform, play the piano like he did with Bellas’s Lullaby in Twilight.

robsteniana

Posted at 9:16 AM on February 7, 2011

i love him!! he’s so sweet!!! he’s perfect!!!! :)