Sister War! Kim V. Kyle Richards — Kim's Drinking, Jealousy Over Money & Secret Family Feuds Revealed!

Wed, February 2, 2011 11:07am EST by 10 Comments

Kim and sister Kyle are still on the outs following their huge blowout over Kim’s alcoholism — are Kim’s money worries the cause of her problems with alcohol?

The first season of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills ended with an epic fight between sisters Kim and Kyle Richards — and it appears that it is still going strong! An insider tells OK!, “Since the show, Kim and Kyle’s relationship has gotten worse. They’ve barely spoken. This is the biggest fight they’ve ever had.” But what is driving their feud?

One major problem may be that Kim, unlike the other housewives, does not have as much money. “She’s not a ‘lady who lunches,’ nor does she shop all day. She got in over her head and couldn’t keep up with [the other women] … She feels like a fraud and can’t quite pull it together.”

This is evident on the show as while the other ladies seem to spend their evenings at fancy dinners or extravagant events, Kim seems more at home cooking in the backyard with her kids. Kim didn’t even want to be on the show according to reports, but felt obligated when Kyle asked as she and husband Mauricio Umansky provide her with a monthly allowance.

Kim’s drinking and pill usage are also reportedly compounding the problems the sisters have. Kim went so far as to enter rehab, but left after just one week.

As for Kim’s claim on the finale that Kyle stole her home, friends say that Kyle did no such thing and even compensated Kim for her share of the family estate when she inherited it! Then, she let Kim buy the house back at a lower price — but didn’t cash the check! “Kyle didn’t even cash Kim’s check, because she knew she couldn’t really afford it,” says a pal.

What do you think HollywoodLifers? Are Kim and Kyle’s problems a result of Kim feeling inferior to her sister?

yeast infection

Posted at 5:52 AM on May 3, 2012

I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this site. Studying this info So i’m happy to express that I’ve an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most undoubtedly will make sure to do not disregard this website and give it a glance regularly.

Antz

Posted at 2:27 AM on August 8, 2011

I really feel for Kim my heart broke for her in the season finale, She is always separated out and picked on. I think she may drink to give herself a bit of dutch courage as she s not like the others but they see it as a sign of weakness so use it against her and it all spirals out of control because they just wont listen to her.
I love her and think she s very down to earth and out of all of them was the true star : more power to ya girl and I hope it all works out

lm

Posted at 6:42 PM on February 12, 2011

I can’t believe Kyle said that her sister is an alcoholic on T.V. if Kim does have a problem she didn’t need her own sister to out her on t.v. I really feel like Kyle doesn’t see how she treats her sister. Kim is someone that doesn’t know how to verbally defend herself and she is up against some pretty street wise bitches! Kyle should get that blowfish bitch (Taylor) off Kim, she is so fake! Taylor is like the mean girl that is everyone’s friend and behind their back she talks crap! Kyle would rather defend that money wanna be than to stand up for her own sister. I really like this show, but I still can’t believe how Kyle let someone like Taylor get between her and Kim. I think Lisa is right Taylor is not a straight shooter. Taylor reminds me of the kid that throws the rock at the window and then runs to hide! then gets mad at whoever tries to out him! Kyle thats your sister your blood think about it!

Sheena

Posted at 9:55 AM on February 8, 2011

I think Kyle only regrets what the world has now seen – she is a bully! It’s not a buzzword, it’s a simple fact. That it fits her so well makes it appear like we’re using a buzzword though. I don’t believe Kyle earned as much as Kim did or supported the family as much. Kim was the Disney girl. I don’t remember Kim’s roles much. I think there is a deep seated jealousy going on here. Kyle feels resentful that Kim was the star from early childhood, that mom depended on her so much for income possibly. Kyle is a good looking woman but Kim is a natural beauty, regardless of her age. Kyle is going around doing interviews trying to convince the public all if okay now with Kim but Kim said that it’s not, that they are still ‘working on it.’ Kyle is truly a phony and a bully. Now we all know.

Barbara Thomas

Posted at 5:14 PM on February 5, 2011

This article would make one believe Kyle sold the house back to Kim, and didn’t cash the check. Would you not think you had bought a house had someone taken a check from you for it? . It seems if this is true she sold her the house back but didn’t cash the check,Kim may rightfully feel,her house was stolen.
In contradiction what the above article would lead you to believe that Kyle inherited the House, other articles have stated that the home was inherited by all the siblings and that Kyle had to pay them something for it. Maybe they felt she didn’t pay them what the house was worth.
I think Kyle has some deep underlying jealousy issues with Kim.
Kim had to have made what at the time would have been a great deal of money and contributed largely to the family’s lifestyle. So she needs to stop kidding herself on that issue.

Kelly

Posted at 1:57 PM on February 3, 2011

Personally this sounds like Kyle leaking information to try and make herself look better. Since the fight aired there’s been constant little leaks of how Kim has a problem and how much Kyle has supposedly done for her etc. Her body language on the reunion tells a different story. You can see she disregards her sister for whatever reasons. There are probably many.

jab

Posted at 5:16 PM on February 2, 2011

I always feel bad for Kim because you can tell the other women do not consider her an equal…especially that freakishly over sized mouth lip witch Taylor. What is funny is that they would all be in the same boat as Kim … except for maybe Lisa….if it weren’t for the wealth of some man.

Stormyboo

Posted at 12:27 PM on February 2, 2011

I was bullied by my sister, it makes you feel like you don’t know how to feel! Kim doesn’t know how to feel or act except to feel fear its so freaking sad, hope she gets help it took me years to overcome, but I did and my relation w/my sister has changed, as I have changed, she has not and that makes me feel good. At the reunion Kyle kept mentioning Cedric’s 15 min of fame, maybe she meant her 15 min of fame? Kyle needs help and not from a psychic

NotBuyingIt

Posted at 12:11 PM on February 2, 2011

This sounds like a smear campaign coming from Kyle. I expect there will be alot of this as Kyle tries to deflect viewer reaction to her terrible onscreen behavior.

Kim, if you or your kids read this please know that decent folks are NOT judging you. You have attracted the love and support of many because of the integrity you showed on this series, despite whatever issues you are facing.

Wish you all the best Kim. Getting away from Kyle will be a big step in reclaiming your life.

Judy

Posted at 2:04 PM on February 10, 2011

I agree with “Not Buying It” and would like to address Kyle herself by asking her is she get paid for these item that she so clearly supplies the media.
Smart people can see right thru you dearie…lol