New 'American Idol' Feud! Insider Claims Jennifer Lopez Is Jealous of Steven Tyler!

Tue, February 1, 2011 10:10pm EDT by 14 Comments
Courtesy of Fox

An insider says J. Lo was hoping for American Idol to be her big return to fame, but she’s mad because Steven Tyler is getting all the attention!

American Idol auditions are in full swing and we can’t help but love the new judge panel — especially one very entertaining character in particular, Mr. Steven Tyler. However, an insider told Popeater‘s Rob Shuter not everyone is crazy about all the attention Steven is getting on the show.

“This was meant to be Jennifer’s big comeback,” an insider told Rob. “The entire re-branding of the show was built around her, but now it’s all about Steven 24/7.”

Already in the first two weeks, Steven has managed to be the most outgoing judge out of the three, which is apparently irking J. Lo.

Said the source, “She’s mystified at how this happened and has made it very clear to the producers that the cameras need to spend a little more time adoring Jennifer’s favorite idol — herself!”

We think Jennifer is doing a great job as a judge, but can understand how she might feel upstaged by Steven’s at times crazy antics. Do YOU think Steven is hogging the attention?

Kirstin Benson

Charlene

Posted at 4:33 PM on April 6, 2012

Steven Tyler commands attention by what he offers. J Lo is beautiful, but interesting? not so much

C. Hickey

Posted at 4:25 PM on April 6, 2012

No, he’s just way more interesting… and talented … and fun!

Diana

Posted at 12:44 AM on March 22, 2012

It bothers me from all points Jennifer lopez is a judge when she can’t sing eight bars let alone hold a key!! There’s contestants on the show who can blow her out of the SEA… Including myself, however she’s trying to critique them. How funny, she need someone to teach her how to sing. Oh I forgot u can’t teach raw rtalent, either u have it or u don’t! She should stick to dancing.I respect Randy, and Steven for their musical talents. True talent that is..

Tonia

Posted at 12:47 AM on January 23, 2012

She was really jealous tonight of the pretty girl that sang awesome in the beginning of the show. I have noticed her jealousy on several occasions. Get over yourself JLO!!

lila

Posted at 1:06 AM on February 18, 2012

She’s not very bright women to behave like this.
Her jealous personality will put people off. I used to like her but I don’t anymore.

ccinstlouis

Posted at 12:13 PM on January 19, 2012

In the new episode on 1/18/2012, I noticed Jennifer Lopez was a little jealous of the contestant in the white jeans and she sang beautifully. Is this what we have to look forward to in the upcoming season. Jennifer’s jealously of younger, prettier women. Well J Lo, you had your time, step aside for someone else.

Mazzywitch

Posted at 9:54 AM on March 3, 2011

Well if u watched the girls’ top 12, you’d see how j-lo was desperately hogging the limelight and talked too much. No less than twice did Randy said “Steven…” to specifically ask for his comments on the contestants as Lopez was busy rattling on. And at one time she actually responded to Randy eventho he was talking to Steven! Hilarious

nanlu

Posted at 5:27 PM on February 19, 2011

have enjoyed all of the judges this year…..think the talent is awesome and like the young man from CA that played the bass…….think it will be a good season

Strom

Posted at 2:30 PM on February 3, 2011

What we know, based on Jen’s history with Black Puffy Combs, is that she will do anything with anyone if there is an opportunity at fame. She will become Steve’s best friend as a way to put herself in the famelight.

Show some pictures of her as the kikny headed ‘Rican she was before Puff pumped her to being well known. Selena all over again.

simonsays

Posted at 1:14 PM on February 2, 2011

I really hope this isn’t true…I would much rather they all get along :)

joseph

Posted at 8:10 AM on February 2, 2011

First things first.If this is true as per popeater’s then
my comment is based on that. This is Hollywood every
lie comes out to bring talk and talk.

If this is true about the baby bottle being all sucked
up by Stephen Tyler and j lo isn’t getting a chance to
get her share then she is still an immature spoiled brat
and who still hasn’t learned anything about life.

They say milk is for the unlearned and meat is for the
mature or yet well seasoned person.Well as we can
see j thinks this show is for her.Well HELLO its about
the next Idol not about some wine baby’s comeback.

She had her day her moment in life.You know what I
mean. She has had her season. Seasons come and they go.
There are people starving dying living in earth quakes
mud slides storms of all kinds,and then baby bottle
j this was suppose to be my fame my come back.

If it was me who ran Idol I would just kid her off the
show. People like her are trouble makers and never know
when to shut up.

I never thought she was anything anyways. She just
came in the business at the right time when there still
wasn’t all these sexy woman there are today. And from
there she just started riding coat tails.

Stephen Tyler has charisma he has the talent or gift
to draw you into to him.Just because wine baby doesn’t
is no need to start spitting your bottle everywhere.

J your not Stephen your whatever you think you are.
Right now your a baby.But if there is another side to
you that shows more charisma then show it and stop the
crying about your come back.

If your not where you want to be right now in your
life that’s no ones fault but yours.But to be honest I
don’t think you have charisma. I find you boring.How
you got on the show be thankful that on that night
of there decision someone was sleeping and you were able
to sneak in. Be thankful for what you have and that you
are part of a team.

SORRY GIRL YOUR NOT READY TO GO SOLO,AND FOR THAT
MATTER probably never.When you talk garbage you only
hurt yourself. But I forgot your still on the baby
bottle

Faye

Posted at 2:36 PM on February 2, 2011

she should be jealous! steven is more talented and even prettier then she is (lol)

by the way does it bother anyone else that she has to look to make sure the camera is on her every time?

shirls

Posted at 3:36 PM on February 2, 2011

It does me! Even when she’s supposed to be talking to Randy or Steven she is looking at the camera!

Di

Posted at 6:15 PM on February 2, 2011

Jennifer Lopez is disgusting. Why is anyone surprised that her self-inflated ego is bigger than her talent? I’ve been a fan of AI since the first season, and as soon as I heard of their choice to replace Paula with Lopez, I stopped watching. And I will not watch it again. I am a huge fan of Steven Tyler and would love to see him in the judges seat, but I’ll just watch his videos instead. Clearly the show’s class has dwindled and its just a matter of time before its off the air. With Cowell and Abdul gone, they really needed to step up and get someone credible to fill their shoes……Jennifer Lopez? Give me a break.