Jennifer Stone: Hanging Out With My BFF, Selena Gomez, Is Hard — We Can't Go To The Mall! Exclusive!

Sat, January 29, 2011 12:52pm EDT by 5 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

Jennifer Stone dishes about how hard it is to hang out with co-star Selena Gomez because they can’t do normal teenage things!

Hollywood’s teen starlets have been under a lot of public scrutiny after Miley’s bong rebellion and Demi’s shocking stint in treatment, but is it fair to expect so much from young girls? Jennifer Stone, who stars in Disney’s The Wizards of Waverly Place, sat down and told HollywoodLife.com exclusively how tricky it is being a teen celebrity. She said when she tries to hang out with her BFF Selena Gomez on the weekends, they can’t even go to the mall!

“Selena is pretty much homeward bound. We tried to go shopping and it was not easy to do. We tried to go to the Grove. It really bums me out that we can’t do that,” Jennifer, who recently starred in Mean Girls 2, told us.

Jennifer, 17, said the key to staying grounded in such a crazy industry is having strong parental support.

“Good parents [are key],” she explained. “Also, I’m constantly reminding yourself this isn’t what you are, it’s what you do. I think that’s what helps us not go crazy.”

Jennifer has been working in the entertainment industry for almost a decade and she’s one of the most grounded young girls in the biz. It’s refreshing to see a successful teen starlet with her head on straight!

Nicole Fukuoka, with reporting by Kirstin Benson

NOMSA

Posted at 3:50 AM on May 7, 2013

selena and jennifer look hot together

Miana

Posted at 6:12 PM on March 26, 2013

I think there should be one day a week where celebrities are just like “okay, on ____day every week, you have to leave me alone and not take pictures or autographs unless I say otherwise!”

I love Demi because she’s going through a lot of emotional and mental challenges, but I don’t really feel much sympathy for Miley because I’d disagree with her bong/risque choices regardless of her fame.

Miana

Posted at 6:14 PM on March 26, 2013

Forgot to add that I am glad they are good friends off of the show too. I’d like to see them hang out with Demi sometimes and all just get a break from the hectic chaos because of fame.

Shannon M

Posted at 11:58 PM on February 17, 2013

Aww selena and jennifer I feel bad! I’m sorry! I know fans and reporters can be overwhelming at times. I feel like its some how my fault. I’m a huge Selena fan and I love her series wizards. And I think it’s sweet that you guys are good friends for real. Jennifer seems pretty nice too. And we’ll since I’m a fan I feel kinda responsible for it. Like when will we give you guys a break! :'( I’m sorry that we bother u guys too much and ruin your day. <:'( I guess we just get really excited to see such a sweet person (Selena). But fans should keep their cool, that way we don't ruin your fun. I'm sorry! :( I wish I could do something to help! <:'( Sorry again! I promise if I ever see Selena at the mall hanging with friends I won't bother her. Even though I really care about her and I support her and I'm a big fan… I don't want to ruin her day. I mean why would she hang with me? No one ever does… :'(

Laura Romão de Toledo

Posted at 3:40 PM on December 9, 2011

OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII…
SELENA E JENNIFER EU SOU MUITO A FÃ DE VOCÊS E ADMIRO MUITO VOCÊS.A JENNIFER POR SER UMA ATRIZ MARAVILHOSA E A SELENA POR SER UM ATRIZ,CANTORA AO MESMO TEMPO…….

BEIJOS DA SUA MAIOR FÃ LAURINHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!