We Have The Snow White Script: Kristen/Selena Prepare To Play A Strong, Fighting Lead! Exclusive!

Fri, January 28, 2011 7:49pm EDT by 51 Comments
Courtesy Of Vogue, Getty Images

Courtesy Of Vogue, Getty Images

The new Snow White movie calls for a strong, independent female lead! Kristen Stewart and Selena Gomez are you listening?

We just got done reading the script for Universal Pictures’s Snow White and The Huntsman and one thing is clear — the lead role is one badass Disney princess! The new Snow White gets trained to fight and tries to figure out if she really loves Prince Charmant, or if the older and rugged Huntsman is the man for her. The part sounds great for either Kristen Stewart or Selena Gomez!

Plot:

Snow White, an 18-year-old princess who is only friends with animals, is getting more beautiful by the day as her step-mother, the Evil Queen Ravenna (played by Charlize Theron) gets more and more jealous. When Ravenna tries to kill Snow White, she escapes with the help of a hunstman named Eric (rumored to be Viggo Mortensen) who is trying to get revenge on the Queen. Eric is very gruff but teaches Snow White how to fend for herself against the evil creatures of the forest. When she eats a poisonous apple, her childhood sweetheart Prince Charmant must kiss her in order to unfreeze her lips and give her the potion to heal her. She thinks she’s in love with Eric, but he assures her Prince Charmant is her one true love. Despite the love story, it is clear Snow White is not a stereotypical powerless princess who relies purely on men. She is a grown up, Miss Independent-type.

Highlights:

• Snow White learns how to swing an axe, use a dagger, spar with a sword, and shoot an arrow. She wears a deerskin cloth and becomes muscular, she’s not the damsel in distress any longer.
  • Snow White and Prince Charmant have three kissing scenes — the first when they are 12-years-old!
  • The Evil Queen takes all the beautiful women in the land and puts spells on them to drain them of their beauty. She drinks their essence, becoming more beautiful as they age 60 years.
  • In the battle scene a gaggle of beauties who were once prisoners, and seven dwarfs attack the Queens Army

Notable Lines:

• “I always hoped we would be together again someday. But now that we are… in so many ways, he’s still the same boy I grew up with, playing at being a knight in shining armor, rescuing his damsel in distress. But I am not a damsel. Not anymore” — Snow White to Eric, the Huntsman, about the Prince.
  • “If you had saved Snow White, she would never learned to save herself.” –Eric to the Prince
  • “If there was ever love between you… then there is still love between you. It doesn’t die. So you fell in love with a boy, now you’ll have to learn to love the man he’s become.” –Eric to Snow White

The story is an intriguing take on the classic tale. However, the visuals are very complicated and risk coming across cheesy if not done well. There are a few cheesy one liners in the script (“You run like a girl” “I am a girl”) but otherwise it’s nice to see a Disney female lead in a situation where she doesn’t need a man. She’s like an innocent action star.

Who do you think is a better fit now that we know more about the role?

Lorena O’Neil and Nicole Fukuoka with reporting by Russ Weakland

Date Wealthy Woman Online

Posted at 5:11 PM on June 1, 2012

I just could not leave your website prior to suggesting that I actually loved the usual info a person provide for your visitors? Is gonna be back often in order to check out new posts

Ninja

Posted at 8:31 PM on August 3, 2011

My only thing is, can we PLEASE get an actress who’s at least CLOSER to the age told? I mean, yes, I’ll admit, I have no clue what Kristen Stewart’s age is (nor do I care to be honest) but I’m pretty sure Selena Gomez is younger. Now then, let’s drop the name calling and such on the two actresses. What does this movie need? Who IS Snow White? I know she’s not the one we know from Disney, but as the description says she’s beautiful, young, dark hair, etc, etc. I see Selena for this part more than anything. She can be sweet and shy, but she can also be proud and strong, and I don’t see Kristen being able to portrate those two things as well as Selena can. Yes, I know, Selena’s young, but that’s what this role calls for! We all know Kristen as “Bella” from Twilight, and Bella Snow White is not. No offense to Kristen, I’m sure she’s a half-decent person even though I’m not a fan, but when I think of a young woman scared and trying to learn how to defend herself, I don’t see Kristen Stewart and given the options, I see Selena fitting into that role better. That’s my opinion, and I’m sticking to it. And I’m not going to argue with anyone about it so don’t attack either one of these people or myself! It’s not nice, civil, or mature.

cherry bomb

Posted at 2:17 PM on February 6, 2011

I think kristen stewart. Selena doesnt look like the kind of girl that would do all the action and stuff

Yoshiix

Posted at 2:46 PM on February 1, 2011

I’m sorry but kristen stewart cannot act all that like and im not even talking about just the twilight movies, the only reason they’re probably choose her is because they think her fans from twiglight will bring in the money to see her in snow while movie, but as you can tell from the past people really dont go see her movies if it isnt twiglight all her movies bombed, as for selena um i guess is better, and i would like to see her challenge in something. So thats good to me, Leighton is a great chosse by far, that miranda girl um no thank you. my pick is either Selena Or Leightion hands down. and btw not to be rude but you twilight stans are annoying as ever.

nanci

Posted at 12:17 PM on February 1, 2011

WOW – I’ll say a prayer Kris gets this part. Nothing against Selena but when I read the plot and closed my eyes, Kris was all I could see.

PLEASE CHOOSE HER!!!!!

Anna

Posted at 5:47 PM on January 30, 2011

What HL fail to mention is that this version of Snow White is not going to be a Disney film. This will be the original fairy tale and it will have a darker feel. And if the studio is considering Viggo Mortensen to star in it I’m sure it would convince Kristen to reconsider this film since it won’t be cookie cutter. Kristen has the acting chops for this and I’m sure everyone is going to say “she can’t act”. Don’t base on one movie (Twilight) on her acting abilities, watch her other projects that has real substance than falling in love with a vampire.

Kat

Posted at 12:55 PM on January 30, 2011

Selena is too Disney and innocent, KStew is a better choice because she’s more mature to play a role like this…. This ain’t fairytale snow white!!! If it were… Selena would be better.

arabiata

Posted at 11:51 AM on January 30, 2011

KRISTEN STEWART= SNOW WHITE!!!
Why do you keep on saying that Selena is better because she’s sweet, decent and pretty!? and Kristen is dirty, trashy emo! You’re becoming bias and irrational here guys! We say, we like Kristen play the role because we thought she’s perfect! Why? 1)She has a proven box office appeal 2)She is one tough independent georgeous lady 3)Her previous directors would vouch on her professionalism 4)She can act as clumsy awkward Bella who stutters a lot and she can act as a stripper, a lesbian or whatever role you ask for! 5) She can project her role opposite another celebrity with strong personality Charlize Theron! 6) Kristen is already a recipient of various recognitions/awards and lastly, 7) Kristen Stewart beauty stands out! She is as white and flawless as snow! Okay let’s see what’s yours…. Selena Gomez is also pale, she’s sweet, decent, can act (duh!?)and pretty. That’s all? I can imagine Rupert Sander raising his eye brows! hahahaha!…. good luck!

Annemarie

Posted at 8:56 AM on January 30, 2011

I think Selena is perfect for this role. She’s a decent actress and she looks more like Snow White than that dirty, trashy looking emo b!tch (a.k.a. Kristen Stewart). Yeah, as you can tell, I’m not a huge fan of KStew. Let her play another whiney emo girl. That’s all she’s ever good for.

nadsan80

Posted at 11:00 AM on January 30, 2011

ohh..common.. i know kristen is not your type but everybody will agree that kristen is more beautiful, attractive and very talented young actress than selena. she is different and her skill in acting is so much better than selena. kristen is totally perfect for the role.

Natalie

Posted at 10:53 PM on January 30, 2011

No, not everyone will agree with that. Personally, I don’t find Kristen Stewart attractive at all. I also think she has NO emotions (not just in Twilight) and her attitude is simply repulsive in a field where so many are trying to find work.

doll

Posted at 11:44 AM on March 6, 2011

you haters are getting really old and your arguments are really tired she is snow white so get over it hags. your boring like your comments.

EllE

Posted at 6:58 AM on January 30, 2011

hope that Kristen will act in it!!I hate Selena..If gomez will act in it,I will not see it..But if Kristen will act,I will see it 100% So i voted Kristen!!

Ingrid bomb

Posted at 6:53 AM on January 30, 2011

KRISTEN JAYMES STEWART! FOREVER!KRISTEN,KRISTEN! o/

Nella

Posted at 5:33 AM on January 30, 2011

R U KIDDING ME? KRIS STEWART??? NO WAY!
Selena is so sweet and pretty, just look at her! Totally a fairy-tale! PLZZZZZZZ not K. Stewart!

blue bird

Posted at 4:07 AM on January 30, 2011

Of course SNOW WHITE is KRISTEN STEWART!!!
This is big budgeted film, and Rupert Sander will not cast Selena Gomez for the simple reason that she has very poor projection on screen as compared to the stunning KRISTEN STEWART! But you can cast Selena Gomez in SESAME STREET though!

meeeeee

Posted at 3:03 AM on January 30, 2011

Man! in that picture K. Stewart looks so blah and stoned out… and not cute at all. Like she looks all the time. Then you look at Selena and she is so radiant and smiling. Then you take into account their acting abilities and i don’t even see why this is a question. It’s obviously Selena! From the description of the movie though it sounds kinda cheesy, but there is no doubt in my mind selena would turn over a better performance.

elly

Posted at 2:31 AM on January 30, 2011

besides selena has already played cinderella!

elly

Posted at 2:31 AM on January 30, 2011

i post this on every site lolll!

selena gomez!
shes an amazingly talented actress and singer!
this role would be a perfect opportunity for her to unweave herself from the disney channel web without people accusing her for doing it wrong like they did miley cyrus, every disney star eventually has to move onto bigger projects not involved with the disney mania, and selena has been doing disney stuff since she was like 6 years old, she has been acting for a very long time and singing since she was 6 aswell, shes extremely talented, she was told when she was younger that she wasnt strong enough to pull off her own tv show, and now you look at her in wizards, and other movies which she has played a lead role, she is beautiful, and knows what shes doing, selena would make the most perfect snow white, even if this particular snow white is a fighter with swords and bow and arrows and what not, selena would pull of this character role with flying colours!
and plus i think the onyl reason K-stew has become as famous as she has is because of twilight, before she stared in twilight baisically no one knew who she was….

doll

Posted at 11:39 AM on March 6, 2011

braz dolls are not made to play princesses

David

Posted at 12:42 AM on January 30, 2011

Gd please not Kristen Stewart. First Little Red Riding Hood, now this. I don’t think I’ll be able to stand one more fairy-tale being Twilighted. Selena Gomez is pretty, make it her. Not Stewart.

Emily