Rosie O'Donnell Strikes Back At Kim Kardashian On 'Teen Mom'! Rosie Says It Sends A Positive Message!

Wed, January 26, 2011 10:15am EDT by 7 Comments

Rosie says she and her teen daughter, Chelsea, 13, watch the show together!

Rosie O’Donnell, 48, was asked about the Teen Mom franchise yesterday in an interview with UsMagazine.com, and surprisingly, this mom of four LIKES the show! “At the end of almost every episode the mothers says they wish they used protection or waited,” Rosie says. “(They say) ‘My whole life is over,’ or ‘I can’t live the life of a teenager.’ I think it sends out a positive message.” Not according to Kim Kardashian! She blasted Teen Mom last week, saying, “Girls, these are not people you should idolize!”

Rosie went on to say, “I have to say it’s interesting. My daughter is 13. I watch it with her.” Rosie was talking about her daughter Chelsea, whom she adopted and co-parents with her ex, Kelli Carpenter. “I think the fantasy for adopted children is to have a baby of their own, and then keeping it, which their mother did not do.”

Could Rosie be trying to start a feud with Kim Kardashian to publicize her upcoming new show on Oprah Winfrey‘s OWN network?

Kaley

Posted at 6:24 PM on January 28, 2011

I usually don’t like Rosie, but I am cheering for her here!! In all seriousness though…these girls are documenting how hard their lives are. Kim’s documenting how she gets everything she wants in life. Which one is more unrealistic that young girls shouldn’t look up to?

Lexy

Posted at 7:16 PM on January 26, 2011

Teen MOM is a great show to watch with your pre-teens and teens. I also watch it with my Son who’s a teen. He watches and sees how young father’s have to adapt to the changes in there lives in order to welcome a child into there lives. The show does give a positive message. Makes teens think twice about there decisions. As for KIM. the word Idolize shouldn’t even come out of her mouth. She’s worse. Her image sends girls and woman false advertising. tucked and pulled. I rather keep it all natural and clean.

msnetgate

Posted at 4:42 PM on January 26, 2011

Rose is an IDIOT!

hannah

Posted at 12:28 PM on January 26, 2011

It’s not the show that sends a bad message to young girls but the media coverage (like that of hollywood life) that depicts these girls as celebrities. That’s what is detrimental to young girls walking through the grocery store seeing one of these “teen moms” on the covers of magazines.

Freelance

Posted at 11:20 AM on January 26, 2011

can’t wait for rosie’s new show

Donald Trump

Posted at 11:10 AM on January 26, 2011

Good point Rosie. These kids don’t realize that when they get knocked up, their lives as irresponsible kids are over! If the show tells them that fact, it should prevent at least some stupid behavior.

Charline

Posted at 11:03 AM on January 26, 2011

The Kardashian’s are the most disgusting bunch of rich trash
I have ever seen. Watched once just to see what the program
was about. Mother yaking about peeing in her pants etc. HOW
DISGUSTING!