Bonnie Says: Bristol, Stop Tearing Baby Tripp Away From Dad Levi Johnston — That's A Selfish Mistake!

Tue, January 25, 2011 7:56pm EDT by 20 Comments

Bristol, you’re making a terrible decision to destroy your son’s relationship with his father. You will live to regret it!

Yes, splits are never easy: No matter how old you are. But Bristol at 20, you’re not old enough to know how longterm the damage will be if you continue on your path to destroy your son’s relationship with his father. Moving thousands of miles to Arizona, from Levi’s home of Wasilla, Ak., especially without his permission, is illegal and it is unloving to Tripp to deprive him of the love of his father.

You are using baby Tripp as a pawn in your ongoing battle with your ex. Yes, Levi has said mostly nasty things about your family, especially your mother, Sarah, but that doesn’t mean that Tripp should  grow up without a dad. You had a dad, Todd, who’s been very important to you. Why shouldn’t Tripp have that all-important experience?

It may be a nuisance for you to have to coordinate visitation for Tripp with Levi right now. You are barely out of your teens and you are saddled with the responsibility of raising a child. No doubt, you don’t want to be bothered with dealing with Levi: Hey, it’s a pain.

You want to do what you want to do and, right now, that includes moving to warmer Arizona and close to your new boyfriend Gino Paoletti. But Bristol, today’s convenience will be tomorrow’s bigger pain. Children want and need two parents. They want to have a relationship with their fathers.

Tripp is only two and very controllable and containable right now. But as he grows up, he’ll wonder why he doesn’t have a dad. He’ll ask questions. He’ll want to see his father. If you’ve destroyed that relationship, he will feel he was unloved and unwanted by his father. Why should he needlessly have that hole in his heart?

Levi Johnston may not be the world’s Best Dad, but he’s not a deadbeat either. He’s not a drunk, he’s not violent: There’s really no reason, for him not to be in Tripp’s life!

Bristol, you don’t know if his lack of a dad may play out in very destructive ways as he gets older. He may resent you from taking him away from a father who fought to see him. He may rebel, in any number of ways as a teen.

Believe me Bristol: You need to think about what’s in Tripp’s true best long-term interests, not what is easy or convenient for you now. And you can’t let today’s anger or resentment against Levi seriously damage all of baby Tripp’s tomorrow.

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Katie

Posted at 11:16 AM on January 29, 2011

Bristol isn’t the loving mother that she pretends to be. Tripp is her little money machine–whenever she does a photo session for the tabloids she gets more money if he is in the pictures. Same with Sarah–she used this baby because he is cuter than her special needs child so over and over in her reality show we saw pictures of the cute one with curls rather than the Down syndrome son who is being raised by nannies because Sarah is embarrassed about his glasses and hearing aides. In fact, when was the last time you saw the little guy with his glasses and hearing aides? The nannies are very good about letting him hear and see better–but this isn’t what gets Sarah all the money and attention that she gets with Tripp. Sarah and Bristol carry grudges against Levi and they don’t want to have to share any money for Tripp’s appearances, so it is easier for them to badmouth Levi in the media and turn public opinion against him and let the two nitwits play the victim game. It’s all about the money and the attention and celebrity status.

hunterpi

Posted at 9:56 PM on January 28, 2011

Your right, it’s not automatically a crime to take a child out of state when you and your ex have SHARED custody. BUT, I worked a case about 5 months ago where our client did this same type of thing, against advice.
She said, the babies daddy only sees him about twice a month and he a month behind on his child support and I just don’t care what he thinks! Then she moved in with a friend in a different state which was only about 100 miles away.
When her ex took it to court, the Judge said three things:

1) I find that you knowing and deliberitely deprived the father of his right to spend time with his child.

2) The father will now have primary custody and you will have 4 visitations a month.

3) And if you ever take your child out of the state without giving 30 days prior written notice, bring a toothbrush, because I will have the federal marshals cross the state line with a warrant and you will go to jail.

She cried to me and her attorney and the attorney said we can appeal, but it won’t work right now! Your SOL.

When it comes to family court you can pull a lot of stuff, but if you get the wrong judge, they can trash your life in half a heartbeat. And appealing a child custody decision can be a lot harder that appealling a murder conviction. When it comes to a child custody case, I always suggest doing it through the court the right way, unless you just like rolling the dice.

steph

Posted at 6:23 PM on January 28, 2011

actually its not illegal to move out of state with your child unless theres a court order saying u cant move out of state…. and if levi isnt willing to be a father y should bristol care

Viva

Posted at 7:13 AM on January 28, 2011

I find it very sad that Bristol Palin doesn’t love her little boy more than she wants to hurt Levi Johnston.

It mystifies me that some people think she’s some sort of role model.

Jim

Posted at 12:55 AM on January 28, 2011

Hey dstudie,
I have posted evidence on the comments of this web on several different issues related to Bristol Palins lies and they all were magically deleted. The comments before and after mine are still there and mine were there for a few days. Now they are deleted. What does that say about the power of the Palin cleansing machine. These were “word for word” written quotes from Bristol Palin and all of them have been deleted. Why don’t the right wingers like yourself explain why comments that contain Bristol Palin quotes that are evidence of her lies are the only comments missing and the one without evidence are still there.

Nicola

Posted at 2:30 PM on January 27, 2011

Hey Bonnie!! Love your website, been following you guys from the start!! More Jersey Shore and Twilight Pieces!!!

I am a single mother to an adorable, wild four year old boy. His father is not involved in his life. He might see him two times in a four month span. He, thankfully, still pays his child support – the only consistent thing he has ever done for my son. I feel for Bristol, and all single young mothers out there, because I know it can be the most lonely, overwhelming position to be in, even if you have a great family support. It is difficult to be a full time mother, work full time and have a life of your own (which you don’t). Actually its impossible. After awhile, it’s hard not to hate them and not want them around. As a mother the same haunting question lingers in the mind I want my son to know his father, but at what cost to my son??

hunterpi

Posted at 3:35 AM on January 27, 2011

What in her or her families background leads anyone to believe that she cares or has any ambition to do the right thing. Thats her money child. He’s the reason she gets paid $30,000 to open her mouth and lie to everyone. She is just like 9 out of 10 teenagers that get pregnant. A teenager with control issues who likely abuses alcohol and or drugs. Thats why these tv teen moms keep getting arrested. It’s not being on tv thats all the problem, it’s the issues that caused them to become teenage parents to begin with. As long as she and her mother are getting rich off lying and the only consequence is getting rich and famous,she will continue to believe that she is the golden girl making all of the right decisions.
And because I was accused elsewhere of being politically motivated in my statements. 3 things:
1)I am a registered independent & the only party I support is the majority of citizens.
2)I am a trained experienced criminal & civil investigator.
3)Listen and read all of what her & her family say and then review all of the evidence objectively without your own preconceptions, beliefs or politics in the way, and make your own conclusions as to the actions and integrity of the Palin family. I think that you may notice things like they always start the arguements and then call everyone else bully’s and haters.

dstudie

Posted at 9:06 AM on January 27, 2011

First, hunterpi, you are no independent, from your comments you are a far left winger. Second, I wouldn’t trust you to investigate anything. You’ve made several stupid assertions here with no proof of anything, which is what you on the left always do. Third, lying about people isn’t nice. You seem to have a real hate on for the Palin family (left wing bias). That is not objective at all. Go back to the Huffington Post and stop pretending to be an independent.

Diane G.

Posted at 7:36 PM on January 27, 2011

Typical over blown, right wing paranoid behavior. Anyone who makes a comment against the Palin clan is politically motivated. You accuse hunterpi of lying about the Palin family. Do you know the Palin family personally? I highly doubt it. Your accusatory statements are just another demonstration of the ignorance and hypocracy of the right wing. Why don’t you go back to watching Faux News!!

hunterpi

Posted at 10:58 PM on January 27, 2011

First of all dstudie:
I don’t use the terms left, right, conservative, or liberal. They are terms that are used to make things sound like what they aren’t. If you are talking about politics it’s Republican, Democrat, Independent, Green party, ect.
Now, as for me, everyone that is around my everyday would tell you that I am more republican than democrat, but I am willing to bash any party or it’s members and have. But this subject is on BP, therefor that is what I am talking about.
I have conducted investigations all over and I have contacts in offices, agencies, and courts all over the country. No matter how hard you try to cover your wrongs, it always fails. There is always the investigating officers, probation officers, clerks, secretaries, and other multiple people that know the truth. And they rarely keep their mouths shut for long. And no matter how hard you try to clean it up, there is always official paperwork. I don’t believe something just because a web site says so. I depend on outside evidence.
If you go back through my posts on this subject, I have said the same stuff all along.
It is obvious from your statements that you truly believe in the Palin machine or are one of the their handlers. But, you obviously have never reviewed the outside evidence that has neither been tainted by the democrats or cleansed by Palins handlers.
And for info, prior to knowing the truth, I voted for McCain/Palin over Obama/Biden.
My problem with the Palins is their actions and lying and portraying it as good family values.

jason

Posted at 9:04 PM on January 26, 2011

F-A-T people should not be the subject of news pieces. Bristol needs to lose about a hundred pounds or so first…then I’ll listen.

msnetgate

Posted at 4:44 PM on January 26, 2011

This is Bristol’s business…not ours!

KT

Posted at 11:29 AM on January 26, 2011

He really isn’t the best example for a kid. If anything she should keep Tripp as far away from him as possible.

meewew

Posted at 10:16 AM on January 26, 2011

Bonnie,
The more I read your comments the more it seems you use this site as your own personal vendetta; you take mediocre things and try to turn them into something you feel is important. It would benefit Hollywood Life to hire a less biased more positive reporter.

dstudie

Posted at 11:51 PM on January 25, 2011

Hey Bonnie, Why should Bristol take advice from a dim-witted busybody loser like you? It’s sad that you have to make your living dragging other people’s problems thru the mud. You are quite a left wing disgusting bimbo.

Booger

Posted at 11:45 PM on January 25, 2011

HE is not a dad, He’s a sperm doaner!

kir

Posted at 10:46 PM on January 25, 2011

How is it in Tripp’s interest to have that selfish jerk in his life? Levi is a loser, to put it mildly. He doesn’t deserve to be a part of his son’s life unless he cleans up his act and becomes a man.

egnalag

Posted at 10:09 PM on January 25, 2011

Levi has shown no interest in his kid and never does unless its going to get him in the spotlight. Get your head out of the sand, Levi doesn’t deserve a relationship with his kid, he’s to self centered.

lorree

Posted at 10:16 AM on January 29, 2011

Sometimes having a dad in a child’s life is worse than not having him in it and this is certainly the case with Levi. He is not an upstanding citizen like you want us to believe. No dad at all is better than one like Levi, I am old and have seen it my whole life and know what I am talking about. He has been given chance after chance to be in Tripp’s life, and he does not chose to be. Besides does he keep him at his mother’s house, you know the one that got busted for using drugs? I would not trust him out of my sight with that boy, neither does Bristol and with good reason….

Bonnie, you as usual are just using this to snap at Sarah, you are wrong in doing that. At least Bristol is out going to college and working trying to make a good life for her son, what the heck is Levi doing?? Oh that is right he is posing in the nude for magazines…….yea, I would surely want him in my son’s life!!

Pam

Posted at 9:54 PM on January 25, 2011

Oh come on. If Levi acted like he wanted to be in Tripp’s life. Out of the spot light As much as he does when he knows things like this will get him in the spot light. Maybe, Bristol would feel differently. Yes, they are both immature in alot of ways.There have been things said on both sides. This needs to be cut out. Specially in front of Tripp. The things should be kept out of the gossip pgs. Yes, Tripp should have a relationship w/his Dad. Not when it’s convenient for Levi. This relationship should be encouraged. But, Levi needs to be consistent. I’ve watched interviews where Levi has said he has canceled visits w/Tripp.
Why should Bristol have to stay in Alaska? She has as much right as Levi to have a life. Out side of Alaska. If this is what she wants. People do it all the time. Levi just wants to stir up trouble. Levi would leave Alaska, in second. If it would lead to work, education. What ever he wanted to do. As for changing Tripp’s last name. Not so good. Both need to grow up. Solve this like adults.