'Teen Mom 2' Jenelle Evans' Custody Battle Continues: She's Now Paying Child Support To Mother Barbara!

Mon, January 24, 2011 2:58pm EST by 18 Comments

Jenelle has to make court mandated child support payments to her mom! But she was in  court today (Jan. 24) because she missed her first payment! Exclusive!

A new development has taken place in the custody case regarding Teen Mom 2 Jenelle Evans‘ son Jace. All though Jenelle signed over “primary legal custody and primary physical custody” of the 17-month-old to her own mother, Barbara Evans, on June 10, 2010, HollyBaby.com has now learned that a voluntary support agreement was filed in July asking Jenelle to pay her mother monthly child support!

Jenelle Evans gives up custody of her son Jace! Details here.

Today (Jan. 24) Jenelle appeared in court to make her first payment in the amount of $130 to her mother for the care of Jace. While any mother knows that $130, doesn’t go very far when it comes to feeding and diapering a baby, that is the fee that Jenelle and Barbara agreed upon for Jace’s support. Unfortunately, Jenelle had to go to court today because she was unable to make that first payment, which had been due on January 1. Maybe if she stopped buying  cigarettes she’d be able to pay her child support!

Despite their heated, and at times physical confrontations which we’ve seen on television, Jenelle and her mother appeared to be on cordial terms while in court today, a witness tells HollyBaby.com. They were even standing next to each other, which could be a step in the right direction for this estranged family.

No attorney was present to represent the given parties.

Jenelle Evans arrested for marijuana and breaking and entering!

Jenelle is still set to appear in court on April 14 to face three charge of of possession of marijuana up to 1/2 oz., possession of drug paraphernalia and breaking and entering. She has yet to plead guilty to these charges.

- Lindsey DiMattina

Get more HollyBaby news and gossip! Friend us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Subscribe to our Newsletter!

Sarah

Posted at 1:13 AM on February 24, 2013

I think Jennelle is a good mom to jace baba should keep her mouth shut jennelle changed his diper and took him places she should be the one who needs custy of him she is a good mom and see what he needs in life that’s her son not her moms in the show teen mom 2 when her and mom were fighting over him she is the one who cares more about him not her mom . Her mom is the one who needs to grow up and take care of her life not jace . Jace is jennelle son she should get to see him more. Q

Kayla youngblood

Posted at 9:59 AM on January 16, 2013

Jenelle Evans. Get. Her Mother in Jail for Good. Not have Jace with. His Mother Jenelle
Want. Custody. Of her son back with her

triste

Posted at 2:28 AM on August 17, 2011

Point blank neither barbara or jenelle should have that child. It has clearly been shown neither are fit parents. Jenelle is the way she is due to the enviroment she grew up in — the enviroment barbara brought her up ib– always yelling and screaming at her for small things, i can imagine as a child it was the same, maybe she spills a sippy cup and gets screamed at. Jenelle now will never grow up because she has no parent showing her logve, compassion and understanding. She will always have her mother hanging that child over her head, threatening she wont be allowed to see him. Neither parent is fit to be a parent.

Katie

Posted at 8:05 PM on October 10, 2011

Exactly. I totally agree with you.

Linnea

Posted at 2:39 PM on April 26, 2011

I feel bad for jenelle her mother is just using her for everything she’s got first she take away her son instead of helping jenelle become the mother I no she can be and the forces her to pay child support come on thats messed up i mean barbara wont even let jenelle attempt to care for her son. I think if jenelle was forcsed to take care of jace she would be a good mom and start making good decisons and it would help if her mom was alil bit more positive instead of brining jenelle down every chance she gets which is all the time.

Katie

Posted at 8:09 PM on October 10, 2011

I think that Jenelle would be a good mom to if her mom would guide her the way a mother should. My kids make me angry but I would never treat them the way barbara does. She is so mean hurtful and degrading. Kinda like my mom was to me growing up. My grandma was evil to my mom to but I broke that cycle. I will never be disrespectful to my kids. I am showing them the love compassion, guidance and support that they need and I hope that it helps them to be good people. So far so good.

Morgan B

Posted at 3:32 AM on March 30, 2011

What Barbara is doing to jenelle is child abuse in the mental sense. If this young mother commits suicide I will not be surprised at all. This family needs therapy badly. They are obviously low income and low class. Neither Barbara or her daughter are fit to be parents. The most unselfish thing you can do for your child when you cant provide a stable home is to give them up for adoption to a family who will provide. Jenelle needs to focus on self control (something her mother has clearly never honed) and get her stuff togethe. The main victim of this white trash family is Jace. I pray child services watches the show and at least mandates a child psychologist

Danielle Armstrong

Posted at 8:06 PM on February 6, 2011

I think it is really obvious that this grandma became attached to baby Jayce in a motherly form. She played her cards right and waited for the right opportunity to convince her daughter that she would have an easy time taking the baby from her. In turn, Jenelle signed custody over trusting that her mom had the right intentions.

Jenelle is very young and wasn’t raised to make good decisions. So now, grandma who didn’t get it right with her daughter is going to screw up another one? What a real mother would have done is helped Jenelle finish school and get on her feet so that Jenelle could start making good decisions about her future. There are 2 reasons Jenelle is going down the wrong path, she doesn’t have the right people in her life to show her the way and the almighty dollar. I have seen this situation before and I feel really sad for her…

Hanzo

Posted at 2:04 PM on February 19, 2011

I totally agree with Danielle Armstrong above and its sad that most people doesn’t see through Barbara’s little game, the grandmother is very manipulative, she wanted Jayce from the start! I mean just look at the way she goes as far as getting a lawyer to keep Jayce away from Jenelle, when she instead she should be using that money to help her get an education. No mother should be kept away from their child, no matter how inexperience they are. I’m not saying Jenelle is perfect but at least shes trying.

Bottom line- The judge should send Jayce to adoptive parents and Janelle to stay and live with them so that she can learn while still being with her son.

Heaven Leigh

Posted at 11:25 AM on February 25, 2011

But Jenelle isn’t trying, nor has she tried. Are we watching the same show? Trying doesn’t mean getting arrested for possession, or breaking and entering… I don’t think Barbara has been the perfect mother either, but at least Jace has a stable home and she loves him. If Jenelle was really trying, don’t you think she’d already have him back?

mYnAmEiSnoNyA-nOnyA,bEez wAX

Posted at 7:34 PM on March 17, 2011

Jenelle is SO trying. But everytime she comes back to live with Barbara,Barbara kicks her out for something so small like having a boyfrined. And you must remember that Jenelle just signed over custody a couple months ago, so it may take a couple more months to get Jace back. It’s not that easy you know, being that Jenelle is not surrounded by people who push her to do her best. I went through this with my mother too so I know what it’s like. She got a job and is going to school for him. If she didn’t love him and wanted him to stay with her mom, she wouldn’t have gotten her life on the track to the road to success (going to school getting a job). And screw MTV cuz they don’t pay more that 10,000 per yr point blank. I hate when people try to put Jenelle down because she IS trying and if you can’t see that… YOUR BLIND!

Mommy64

Posted at 7:18 PM on March 24, 2011

First off. Barbara didnt kick her out for having a boyfriend! Kieffer was told to leave, Jenelle’s mom told her she didn’t have to go. Jenelle then without permission, took Kieffer to NJ to visit. Ive seen no improvement with this girl. She’s selfish and willful young woman who did the right thing signing Jace over. Probably the only unselfish thing she’s ever done!

CocoaNuts

Posted at 6:30 PM on March 28, 2011

But you also need to remember Janelle stole her mothers credit cards to take her worthless boyfriend to NJ. How is she supposed to pay that back when she cant even pay child support.

Stacie

Posted at 2:07 PM on April 26, 2011

I agree with Danielle & Hanzo. Barbara is a crazy person and has always interfered with Jenelle trying to be a mother to Jace. As long as Barb is in the pic, Jenelle will never have a chance to be a mother to him.

kitty kat

Posted at 12:52 AM on December 29, 2011

Im so glad im not the only one that sees it that way! everyone is busy seeing Barbara’s side but if you actually watch teen mom you will see she is constantly putting her daughter down and threating her instead of helping and encouraging her. If she was a good mother she would do that and know that taking a child away from there mother is not the way to go unless the child is in real danger.

heather

Posted at 9:42 AM on February 3, 2011

How does barbara expect her daughter to go on to school while paying child support?????? If Barbara couldn’t afford to take the baby then she shouldn’t have. I am speaking from experience. I was keeping a family members two children and never ask the parents for a penny. All I cared about was the childrens safety. Jenelle is doing more than what I’ve seen most teens do. Most of the time they get pregnant, and quit school. Does her mom ever know when to just be quiet and walk away?????

likewoah

Posted at 12:37 AM on February 14, 2011

If Jenelle is making between $120,000-$280,000 a year from MTV for doing the show, she can afford $130 to pay for her mom to raise her child for her. Based on her attitude on the show deep inside she’s probably happy that her mother is officially raising her kid.

Cassandra Thomas

Posted at 1:13 PM on January 29, 2011

I dont feel sorry for Jenelle at all. She should have never pushed and hit her mom in the first place point blank!!!!!!! Now Jenelle is paying the consequences for it.