Kim Kardashian's Outraged & Blasting 'Teen Mom' For Inspiring Young Girls To Get Pregnant! Way To Go, Kim!

Thu, January 20, 2011 9:38am EDT by 22 Comments

BauerGriffin.com, Courtesy of MTVWith a lot of focus on teen pregnancy recently, Kim takes to her blog to let young girls know that Amber Portwood and Jenelle Evans are not “girls you should idolize!”

Last week, a story broke about 90 teenage girls at one Memphis high school who were all pregnant or have had a child during this school year. Not only did this news raise the question of who’s to blame, but it got a lot of people talking, including Kim Kardashian. The 30-year-old was so moved by this bizarre baby news that she took to her blog and Twitter to let girls know that they shouldn’t be idolizing or inspired by teen moms. I’m shocked to admit that, for once, I agree completely with Kim.

Teen Mom 2’s Jenelle Evans doesn’t want to know who the father of her son is

“It seems that shows like Teen Mom are all of a sudden making teen pregnancy seem cool in the eyes of young girls. The kids from these shows are all over the news, even on the covers of magazines, and have been become almost like celebrities, but girls, these are not people you should idolize!” writes Kim.

“When I think back to when I was 16, there is no way I would even have considered having a baby. That thought wouldn’t even have entered my head. Having a baby is one one of the biggest, and most life-changing decisions a person can make and while I’m not saying that no teen is in the position to raise a child, having a baby so young shouldn’t be seen as the trendy thing to do,” she adds.

Are Amber Portwood’s decisions hurting baby Leah?

The reality TV darling, who has made her share of mistakes in the past (remember that sex tape?), is hoping that young women will pause to consider the consequences before getting pregnant in the future. “Girls, please, think very carefully before you make these kind of decisions. Talk to your family, friends, teachers, and most of all, be careful,” she writes.

HollyMoms, what do you think about Kim’s blog post? Do you agree that shows like Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant are misleading young girls to believe that having a child is the “cool and trendy” thing to do?

–Leigh Blickley

Get more HollyBaby news and gossip! Friend
us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Subscribe to our Newsletter!

Breanne

Posted at 5:45 PM on June 14, 2012

I don’t think anyone should judge anyone. Teen Mom is something I watch a lot, so I dont think its right to be making rude comments. Kim has a sex tape, so does that mean shes inspiring young girls to do to become famous too. We can say the same thing about her sister . Come on now. What are the kardashians famous for being stuck up and ungrateful and doesn’t know what it is like to really struggle like these teen moms do. We all make bad decisions in our lives one way or another. So I believe no one should say nothing about teen moms. Kourtney is my favorite but she shouldnt be tweeting back how shes 30yrs old. If shes so old and mature why is she replying to so immature comments.

charlotte car service|car service in charlotte|charlotte limo

Posted at 3:58 PM on June 10, 2012

Great post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I am inspired! Very helpful information specially the remaining phase :) I take care of such info a lot. I used to be looking for this certain info for a very lengthy time. Thanks and good luck.

Alex.

Posted at 12:54 AM on May 1, 2011

hey aren’t inspiring young girls to get pregnant , they are showing young girls the trouble , pain and stress you have to go through while having a baby at such a young age.

Megan

Posted at 11:44 PM on January 25, 2011

Actually 16 and pregnant and Teen Mom shows young teens that having a child at a young age is very difficult and teen pregnancy has dropped over the years. Kim shouldn’t be talking at all because of the sex tape she has. She shouldn’t be outraged at all because she made a lot of mistakes more than the teen mom girls. she also became famous for the sex tape too so she really shouldn’t talk at all. The 16 and pregnant and teen mom girls got famous for showing how their lives have changed with having a child. Kim just did a sex tape and got famous for that. Kim shut up!!!!

Kareen

Posted at 3:27 PM on January 25, 2011

Teen Mom = unlucky to get pregnant
Kim = very lucky with all the men she had

SERIOUSLY Desperately seeking Attention

Posted at 1:43 AM on January 24, 2011

I’m taking it either “Teen Mom” ratings are better or closing in on the Kardashian’s! Kimmy darling wasn’t exactly reading the Bible to teens to gain her popularity, wasn’t it a sex tape with a young man who at the time was only known as his sis’ lil brother? Before that wasn’ she wed at 18 yrs old to a much older guy…because of his connections? Now she is busting out in pics all over twitter but claimed she wouldn’t pose like tha anymore due to her age? She’s geting desperate I do believe. Sweethear I may could have had more respect for you if you would age gracefully instead you are picking on teen mom’s trying to make a buck to raise their kids…what are you doing? I mean sex tapes..making out with Carl jr’s take out,and playboy..Oh MY?! Hope my daughter turns out JUST LIKE..NOT YOU!

vxfgb

Posted at 9:06 AM on January 21, 2011

I know we women have lots of standards to pick up a man, and there’s one website that can almost meet all our different demands:
~~Bla c k w h it e F lirts. C” 0_ M ~~~my sisiter told me this; it worked for her, it worked for me; and i’m sure it’s gonna work for u, buddy!!

ashley jones

Posted at 11:11 PM on January 20, 2011

the fact that race was even bought into the picture shows the our world has so much growing i am african american and grew up in a single home and came from a lower class family and guess what i am not pregnant i am obtaining my bachelors in human resource so please grow up if you look at those shows guess what the majority of the race is but no one bought that up stop encouraging shows like this the truth is teenage pregnancy is a epidemic that is constantly growing no matter the race

nicky

Posted at 6:12 PM on January 20, 2011

Jason i agree. Just because this school happens to be African American doesnt make it stereotypical. If it were an all white school and this happened people would most likely and hopefully have the exact same reaction that this is outrageous and therefore i agree with Kim Kardashian and i love teen mom but hopefully no girls are getting ideas to have kids at 16 after watch it they should be seeing the exact oppisitly

Jay Jay

Posted at 3:02 PM on January 20, 2011

Ah she’s just jealous because no man wants to have a baby with her hoe-y a$$! Always the easy, desperate 30-something and never the wifey! Lmao!

Sassy....

Posted at 2:19 PM on January 20, 2011

What the hell is she talking about? If you watch the show on a REGULAR basis as I do. I honestly dont think Kim watches the show at all. Nothing about the show makes you want to go out and have a baby as a teen. Those girls whole lives have come to a complete stop. There lives have been turned upside down.

Now for Kim Kardashian whose made and sold a sex tape and has achieve sucess from that is a HORRIBLE role model. She constantly half naked and dates anyone with a ball in his hand. Kim please dont give advise.

Anjola Paila

Posted at 1:12 PM on January 20, 2011

If this rant came from someone who’s actually a role model and someone that had some sort of respect for themselves and someone who herself isn’t a WHORE, I’d totally agree with her… Her intentions are good but not coming from this media whore and someone who’s claim to fame is getting peed on and using her big blubber butt and body for fame. It’s kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. Teach your own younger sisters some self respect Kim… And leave the little ugly hoes on Teen Mom to their mediocre statistical lives. You sure as hell ain’t one to be talking.

oh dear

Posted at 1:32 PM on January 20, 2011

lol i totally agree! all this coming from miss sextape and serial-dater is pretty rich!

on a different note, how exactly are those shows glorifying teen pregnancy? all i see on those shows are tears, conflict, aggression and desperation! maybe the odd nice moment in between but on a whole they are a pretty good example of why you should NOT get pregnant as a teen.

its the media reporting on these moms that are idolising it; the red carpets, magazine deals etc. if you must b*tch about it, at least get it right. then again, khloe – not kim – was always the smart one :P

Jennifer

Posted at 11:16 AM on January 20, 2011

Yes, they are all black and 100% of the school qualifies for free lunch. Probably all from single parent homes…they are a lost cause…that whole community is. And the ghetto cycle continues.

Porsche

Posted at 6:42 PM on January 20, 2011

please honey you dont know ghetto if it hit you in the face

No One

Posted at 10:18 AM on January 20, 2011

Really?……90 teens in one high school all have or going to have babies. I am just going to take a shot in the dark here.

1. 97% are minorities

2. Single parent home.

3. Less than $25,000 a year household income.

4. The kid will hear “Mommy be right back, stay with Grandma” more times in it’s life then “I love You”

5. Knows who the baby’s daddy is because they have the same hat.

Ashlee

Posted at 10:38 AM on January 20, 2011

Wow that is very stereotypical of you. Since when does a persons income and the color of their skin determine the type of moral person they are? Also, they’re are just as many kids out there who come from a two parent home who are in less than ideal situations as they’re are in single parent homes. A persons character and actions are based on that individual person and not their bank account, skin color, etc. I completely agree that 90 teenage girls becoming pregnant in a school is a problem. I disagree however with the rest of your comments. A lot of Americans in general need to step up and be more proactive parents, that goes for the rich Caucasians just like the “poor minorities.”

jason

Posted at 2:41 PM on January 20, 2011

You’re an idiot Ashlee. The school is in Memphis (do you even READ?). It’s not 97% minority…it’s 99.9% (all African American). Let’s start facing facts that African American cultural mores and values are NOT the same as every other race group. Each is different. There is next to zero taboo about young black girls having multiple sexual partners before the age of 15. For black boys it’s even worse. It’s not racists…it’s not bad…it’s not shameful…it just is simply what it is.

Porsche

Posted at 6:40 PM on January 20, 2011

I see you just a another dumbass shallow minded male who must live in a small town in the country somewhere. It does not matter what race you are your going to have sex at whatever age you want to. Regardless on what your parents say. Please state facts you dumbass

wrong

Posted at 11:23 AM on January 20, 2011

As a teen mom myself guess what. I’m NOT a minority. NOT from a single parent home and we were a middle income household. So don’t go judging, it happens in every race and income level. Who really thought about consequences as a teenager? I know I sure didn’t.

vxfgb

Posted at 9:07 AM on January 21, 2011

dtgrseg

Posted at 9:08 AM on January 21, 2011

///~~Bla c k w h it e F lirts. C” 0_ M ~~~/// my sisiter told me this; it worked for her, it worked for me; and i’m sure it’s gonna work for u, buddy!!