The Lo Down: Jesse James and Kat Von D Are Engaged And I'm Enraged

Thu, January 20, 2011 3:25pm EDT by 13 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

Can Jesse James really say ‘I do’ and finally mean it?

Most of the time, I love celebrity engagement announcements. But this morning when I heard that Jesse James and Kat Von D were going to tie the knot, I got angry. Really, really angry. I instantly felt disgusted towards Jesse, empathetic towards Sandra Bullock and disappointed by LA Ink star Kat Von D. Speaking of ink, has the ink even dried on Jesse and Sandra’s divorce papers?

I don’t know why I’m so surprised by Jesse’s actions. I mean, here is a man who last March at the Oscars, dared to watch Sandra, 46, thank him in her acceptance speech (with tears in his eyes!) while conducting an affair with Michelle “Bombshell” McGee. A man who signed adoption papers for baby Louis and then sent racy texts to however many women he was juggling at the time. A man who finalized his divorce on June 28, only to step out with a new girlfriend, who looked remarkably similar to his former mistress Michelle, in August.

But still — engaged? Already? The couple have only been dating for five months, Jesse’s only been divorced for seven. I’m all for people moving on and finding the loves of their lives but do you really believe that Jesse is ready to stand up and promise to be monogamous to Kat Von D for the rest of his life? The saying isn’t fourth time’s the charm — does she really think he’s going to be any more faithful to her than he was to Sandra?

I’m not only upset on behalf of Sandra, who last award season thought she had a loving and supportive husband, and this award season will now have to deal with everyone constantly asking her about her ex-husband and his new fiance. I love Sandra, but I’m sure she is dealing with it and has been, in her own, very mature way. She’s handled the entire situation with grace so I expect no difference in her response to this slap in the face.

If fidelity-challenged Jesse, 41, wants to join Twitter so he can profess his “undying” love for Kat Von D, 28, if he wants to tell everyone 2010 has been great because he “fell in love with his best friend”, fine. Whatever. We all believe you Jesse. That part is annoying, but not upsetting. But I am upset that Jesse is treating marriage so flippantly. Marriage is something that isn’t even available to every citizen of the US yet, and it seems like he’s making a mockery out of it. And don’t get me started on the example he’s setting for his children, who have had to endure multiple step-mothers.

But enough of my rant… what do YOU guys think of this marriage? Is it too soon and inappropriate? Or should I just let Jesse be in love, because this time, it’s different.

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Rhonda

Posted at 3:36 PM on April 16, 2012

Did Jesse James and Kat Von D get married or not? just wondering????

jay

Posted at 12:13 PM on February 25, 2011

i think this is stupid, and i dont know why I clicked it LOL, who cares who gets married, its not your life and im fairly sure sandra doesnt give a shit about you

literati

Posted at 3:28 PM on February 24, 2011

Why does anyone care what Jesse James does anymore
He has achieved irrelevence.

DJH

Posted at 10:29 AM on February 4, 2011

HELLO…..marriage IS available to EVERYONE…so long as your not a pole smoker, or carpet muncher….whats harder to explain to your kids….”I’ve been married three or four times…and thus you have 3 or 4 step-moms”…or…
…”We’re married(maybe twice or three times, pole smokers or lesbians are not emune to cheating, clearly)
…but you have no mom” (or no dad)….just two dads (or two moms). Wow, now THAT might take some creative explaining Lucy (errr uh…I mean Lorena), especially if its a two dad situation…dont ya think ?? How wholesome the next generation of kids get to be a part of.

kenneth

Posted at 4:48 PM on February 24, 2011

What a douche.

Chandler

Posted at 8:24 PM on January 28, 2011

Kat….really???? We all know what Jessie is….SCUM!!!!.. You are the stupidest woman on earth if you think you are going to matter in the long run to this egotistical, ugly, hollow souled of a man!! Escape before the damage is done!!! Save your heart for someone who will appreciate it!!

KB2NYC

Posted at 2:22 PM on January 22, 2011

This only solidifies my reality show dream of Jesse James, Brad Pitt, Kelsey Grammer, and Prince Von-I-married-Zsa-Zsa-for-the-money competing against one another on “Celebrity DoucheBag” (yeah, theme song by Kanye). The loser(s) of each challenge get tasered, paint-ball gunned, and dunk-tanked in a vat of port-o-potty poo by their Celebrity Ex’s.

gbtw

Posted at 6:38 PM on January 20, 2011

it’s hard to imagine jessie could be ready so soon, however, he has known kat for a very long time as i understand it. they’re both reformed something or others, and i actually thought it was a good match. why the guy can’t manage to just stand on his own two feet for longer than a minute, is beyond me and probably not a good sign though. also, proclaiming that kat is the best or most this or that he’s ever met is disrespectful to sandra, and he needs to cut that. the guy is clueless to anything beyond himself though, so i’m not surprised he’d have no idea how inappropriate that is. he’s also such a child, he probably proposed, flippantly, as you say, as a knee jerk reaction to his rage over the rumors of sandra being with some younger, and “better” than him. all of this said, i would be happy if these two people truly made each other happy- but i’m not sure jessie is mended enough to be taking this step, but probably he never will be i guess.

stormyboo

Posted at 4:55 PM on January 20, 2011

That is who he should be with, Sandra Bullock is way up here here and he is way down there Kat Von D she is OK on that tattoo show, a little goofy, maybe that’s what Jesse needs is a little goofy hmmm wonder if he was cheating on Sandy with her too? Yep once a cheater always a cheater

anne bartee

Posted at 4:19 PM on January 20, 2011

boy is that Von Kat ugly.. all those tats all over her .. looks like a clown .. like to see her skin at age 70.. one big pile of ink in wrinkles…sandra will be laughing all the way to the bank,,, two losers lost and she is the winner… and thats the name of that tune

gbtw

Posted at 6:33 PM on January 20, 2011

i don’t dig the tatoos, but kat is very beautiful i think. this is a very bad picture of her though.

someone

Posted at 9:39 PM on January 21, 2011

Beautiful? Look at the size of her head! She looks like a man in drag.

Monica Gellar

Posted at 8:18 PM on January 28, 2011

Jesse is a complete moron!!! Kat Von D looks like a man. And Kat,….look in the mirror, you are hidious looking compared to Sandra Bullock….and I wont even start on class… However, besides that, if you think Jesse wont or hasnt already done the same thing to you, you are an idiot!! Hes a LOSER!!!! Move on!!!…. even YOU deserve better!!! If you had a conscious at all….you wouldnt subject his kids to the agony of another of their father’s selfish scandals!!!