Kirstin Says: Selena's Family Is Worried She's Moving Too Fast With Justin Bieber, But We Think She'll Be Just Fine!

Tue, January 18, 2011 5:06pm EDT by 60 Comments
Getty Images (2)

Getty Images (2)

Selena Gomez’s parents are reportedly nervous their little girl is getting too serious, too quickly with new boyfriend, Justin Bieber, but we’re confident she has a great head on her shoulders! Her family has raised her right!

Justin Bieber was spotted sporting Selena Gomez‘s purity ring at the Golden Globes Jan. 16 and her parents are reportedly in a tizzy over their daughter’s new fast-moving relationship.

“When the ring came off, Selena’s parents became unglued,” a family friend told The Enquirer. “Selena got the ring at 12 and never took it off, but when things started getting hot with Justin, suddenly she was wearing it less and less.”

However, Selena’s parents don’t hate Justin, 16, at all. In fact, they love him. However, her mom was only 15 when she had Selena and doesn’t want her daughter to fall into the same mistake.

“Selena’s family thinks the world of Justin and isn’t opposed to them dating,” the source said. “But they’re very conservative people and they’d be heartsick if she did something with him that she’d later regret.”

Although I understand Selena’s parents’ point of view, I’m confident their 18-year-old daughter has a great head on her shoulders. Several times I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with her and she’s gushed about her family and the values they’ve instilled in her life.

That said, Selena has also expressed wanting to burst out of her “good girl” Disney image and just be an adult — and maybe she’s finally doing that with Justin!

“The funny thing is, I really don’t like it when people say I’m wholesome. I don’t like that at all!” the 18-year-old actress told me at the Teen Choice Awards Aug. 8. “I never said I was that and I never tried to portray it. I’m honestly doing what I feel like I’m doing…and I’d just like to figure out who I am,” she said.

Do YOU think Selena and Justin make a good couple? Are they moving too fast? Sound off below!

Click here for pics of Justin & Selena’s romantic getaway house!

kamila niezgoda

Posted at 10:25 PM on March 30, 2011

omg i dont think jb and sg are a good couple. i think Selena Gomez is ugly a hobo is better looking

jazmyn

Posted at 6:00 PM on March 20, 2011

JB only goes out with girls that have black hair. has anyone else noticed that?

jazmyn

Posted at 5:58 PM on March 20, 2011

ok this relationship is 1. ILLEGAL 2. weird and 3. not pure at all. if shes 18 and hes 17 that is illegal and its gross that he went from little bro to boyfriend and I have a purity ring . GUESS WHAT SELENA.ITS SUPPOSED TO STAY ON YOUR FINGER TILL YOUR MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!god. she is taking it way too far

Ally

Posted at 5:41 PM on March 22, 2011

yes i agree completely!

dede

Posted at 2:31 PM on March 27, 2011

it is not illegal for them to daye it is illegal for them to have sex

lacy

Posted at 11:18 AM on March 18, 2011

ok this is just wrong! ok first hes a “little brother” then hes a boyfriend ?!? wtf? im not a hater i promise but they r moving way too fast for crying out loud she took off her purity ring for him!!! we all know what that means right? they just started dating and now she took the ring off. obviously she was ashamed of going public then she LIED to EVERYONE that they werent dating when they were! she lied to her dans who r the ones who made her famous!selena bit the hand that fed her plus when she wouldnt admit they were dating she hurt justin! if u love him so much why did u hurt him?!? if ut werent for ger fans who made her famous she wouldnt have met justin! she lied to everyone and now she decides to admit and act like she didnt do anything

Bieberfindanewlove

Posted at 8:58 PM on June 2, 2011

anyone that opposes their relationship sees the truth behind her… gold digger… justin deserves so much better!

amy

Posted at 1:25 AM on March 17, 2011

im really mad beacase i dont want them dating case jb is not her type of guy and she need to get a guy her own age you cant date a 17 tenn year old and selena i think you are bettter than your BOYFRIEND and i just dont feel good when my favorite singer is dating a boy that is not her age and i like all your songs

Andrea

Posted at 4:44 PM on March 2, 2011

i meant first she said he is like a brother!*

Andrea

Posted at 4:43 PM on March 2, 2011

Selena likes attention! First she said she is like a brother and that she doesnt want any romantic relationship! soo technically she lied about that….. she was my role model before but she has lied sooo much i dont even know the real her anymore!:(

Nia

Posted at 5:50 PM on February 28, 2011

I love hearing about Hollywood relationships, but if they are getting serious, Selena and Justin may be hitting the courts before their next getaway. I don’t live in California, but after what happened to Jaime Lynn Spears and her boyfriend, I’d think twice before letting these two lovebirds go out like that again.
I am a Belieber and will always be, but Justin will break millions of hearts if he screws this up…

Nia

Posted at 5:50 PM on February 28, 2011

I love hearing about Hollywood relationships, but if they are getting serious, Selena and Justin may be hitting the courts before their next getaway. I don’t live in California, but after what happened to Jaime Lynn Spears and her boyfriend, I’d think twice before letting these two lovebirds go out like that again…

emma

Posted at 4:38 PM on February 21, 2011

Makes me want to be sick how shes all over him.

Jennifer

Posted at 7:16 PM on February 13, 2011

well , justin is braking alot of girls heart .
but its good that there going out even though hes braking alot of girls hearts even me …

Micaela

Posted at 10:08 PM on January 29, 2011

I think that if Selena and Justin want to date that it is ok. If they like each other and they want to date, there shouldn’t be any problems with that. Yeah people may not approve of them (which is fine), but they shouldn’t say whether or not they date. That’s up to Selena and Justin. S & J say they are just friends. Whether they actually are just friends or whether they are dating doesn’t matter. Just because they are celebrity famous, doesn’t mean they have to tell the world about everything. Sorry Justin for breaking the pls dont talk about selena and me!! You should tell Selena how great of a job she does on Wizards of Waverly Place. That’s a great show.

whitney

Posted at 6:38 PM on February 21, 2011

i think the two are good together we should all fellow our hearts so they are good it dont matter how old she is

justin bieber

Posted at 1:37 AM on January 25, 2011

hey gyus!! pls dont talk about selena and me !! we are just friends!! thank u all my fans love ya all!

Valerie

Posted at 11:08 PM on January 26, 2011

To bad

maybellin

Posted at 10:13 PM on January 28, 2011

i bet that’s nt even the real justin bieber…hmmm

Sidney

Posted at 8:03 PM on March 8, 2011

your not JB!

Sammantha H

Posted at 9:27 AM on January 24, 2011

I just realized that my search box says: selena-gomez-sex-with-justin-bieber! I was like WTF!

Kayla

Posted at 9:22 AM on January 24, 2011

She should listen to he parents we don’t want another teen mom now do we? Actually that will be interesting!

jason

Posted at 2:34 PM on January 20, 2011

She was NOT wearing his ring HL. You know that. Stop acting like a jr. high gossip page created by a bunch of empty headed, vapid tweenies with no editorial oversight and every other headline ending with “!”.

As for the story itself I found this quote intersting:

Yeah, like sleep with him. She’s go to jail for statutory rape.

Jocasta Oliveira

Posted at 10:40 AM on January 19, 2011

She met Justin a child and there was nothing and now maybe they’re together! no that way you are reporting! I think this story is false!

Jocasta Oliveira

Posted at 10:24 AM on January 19, 2011

She continues to use the ring! in recent appearances she was with him!

Jocasta Oliveira

Posted at 10:22 AM on January 19, 2011

I think it is anything but that! who says that her parents talked about it! I’m sure she will not do anything else with it!

Selma

Posted at 6:57 AM on January 19, 2011

Has anyone noticed every headline on this site ends with an exclamation point! LOL! OMG!

Justina

Posted at 12:55 AM on January 19, 2011

LMAO @ Yaya OMG people get carried away big time lol. They are just dating right now. Why are you thinking about them having a baby, getting divorced and ruining their careers? I wonder if people are blowing this out of proportion because it’s Justin Bieber or if it would have been any other 16 year old they still would have cared. I didn’t really like Bieber that much but I really love Selena so now JB doesn’t seem too bad. It’s their life if they want to get intimate. IMO I don’t they are but if they were his fans have no right over his body. I think JB’s fans are losers who can’t find a bf.

Yaya

Posted at 11:29 PM on January 18, 2011

But see the problem is Justin bieber is a hormonal teenage boy who is now just goin through puberty an Selena is a 18 year old ADULT an is very well known pleasing people so I bet u anything jb is already pressuring her into things she dnt want to do an Selena all ways seems to fall for the guys who are mostly players an now I’m worried wen Justin lik 18 he probably goin to get her prego an then get married get a divorce custody battle jb careers ruined an ya an I thought that was always how his career was goin to end an hey I’m gettin kinda close or I bet u shell be prego in 3 months I’m just sayin I’m prayn he wnt make that mistake but he already thinks he’s adult P.S Justin boo ur not an adult u are just a teenager an u need to start actin lik one instead of gettin so serious with a girl u need to stay focus on ur career an wen the fame dies down in a couple years that’s the best time to start gettin serious an settle down an have babies but not as a teenager ur just goin to ruined ur career an life

Dawn

Posted at 6:57 PM on January 18, 2011

“I’m confident their 18-year-old daughter has a great head on her shoulder”. That is probably true but when young people start crushing on someone as badly as Selena is crushing Justin, they tend to make instant decisions without going thru the complete thought process. I’m getting a feeling that Selena is going to make a mistake and that she will learn a very hard lesson from it. I just hope she doesn’t have to learn fromthe ultimate mistake.

heather

Posted at 1:18 PM on January 19, 2011

I agree with you Dawn 100%

kerry

Posted at 6:40 PM on January 18, 2011

They make me want to throw up.

DJ

Posted at 2:54 AM on January 19, 2011

Completely agree. Every time I see them together, I feel my gag reflex take hold.

Nia

Posted at 5:55 PM on February 28, 2011

Statutory Rape people! No villas for those two lovebirds anymore, Ms. Patty Malette and the other “pure” people trying to be saints…

Bieberfindanewlove

Posted at 9:01 PM on June 2, 2011

*heaves. turning pale* im with ya… gotta go! selena’s comin upstream! *barfs*

josie

Posted at 5:23 PM on January 18, 2011

My concern is more about him being sixteen and her being eighteen. Two yrs age difference isn’t much, but her being eighteen with an underage guy is kinda weird..

Bieberfindanewlove

Posted at 9:01 PM on June 2, 2011

its not just weird, its gross