Kirstin Says: Selena's Family Is Worried She's Moving Too Fast With Justin Bieber, But We Think She'll Be Just Fine!

Tue, January 18, 2011 5:06pm EDT by 60 Comments
Getty Images (2)

Getty Images (2)

Selena Gomez’s parents are reportedly nervous their little girl is getting too serious, too quickly with new boyfriend, Justin Bieber, but we’re confident she has a great head on her shoulders! Her family has raised her right!

Justin Bieber was spotted sporting Selena Gomez‘s purity ring at the Golden Globes Jan. 16 and her parents are reportedly in a tizzy over their daughter’s new fast-moving relationship.

“When the ring came off, Selena’s parents became unglued,” a family friend told The Enquirer. “Selena got the ring at 12 and never took it off, but when things started getting hot with Justin, suddenly she was wearing it less and less.”

However, Selena’s parents don’t hate Justin, 16, at all. In fact, they love him. However, her mom was only 15 when she had Selena and doesn’t want her daughter to fall into the same mistake.

“Selena’s family thinks the world of Justin and isn’t opposed to them dating,” the source said. “But they’re very conservative people and they’d be heartsick if she did something with him that she’d later regret.”

Although I understand Selena’s parents’ point of view, I’m confident their 18-year-old daughter has a great head on her shoulders. Several times I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with her and she’s gushed about her family and the values they’ve instilled in her life.

That said, Selena has also expressed wanting to burst out of her “good girl” Disney image and just be an adult — and maybe she’s finally doing that with Justin!

“The funny thing is, I really don’t like it when people say I’m wholesome. I don’t like that at all!” the 18-year-old actress told me at the Teen Choice Awards Aug. 8. “I never said I was that and I never tried to portray it. I’m honestly doing what I feel like I’m doing…and I’d just like to figure out who I am,” she said.

Do YOU think Selena and Justin make a good couple? Are they moving too fast? Sound off below!

Click here for pics of Justin & Selena’s romantic getaway house!

Alish Bueros

Posted at 5:17 AM on March 10, 2013

YES EHAT DO U THINK! SOON THEY WILL BE HAVING SEX RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES!! BYE I HAVE NO TIME FIR THIS

Bieberfindanewlove

Posted at 8:49 PM on June 2, 2011

shes always dated the big stars. Justin is just an enormous step up. Shes a gold digger. Justin deserves MUCH better than an almost 19 year old cougar. And wanting to be an adult? Justin doesnt wanna run away from childhood like that! he still has some years to be a kid! shes kinda stopping him from it now! i say Justin, find a better girl than this gold digger. shes just not right for u. its too obvious. She gets too dirty with u

Mariah

Posted at 1:52 AM on June 13, 2011

LOL! This made ma laugh but it’s so true! i hate her. She is a slut! HAVE you seen ther pictures!?

Iili

Posted at 8:48 PM on June 2, 2011

Hey I don’t know if they are good I don’t like Justin but Selena is awesome and mabey they are moving to fast

Julie

Posted at 7:36 PM on May 31, 2011

im not a hater or anything but wow…. wearing a purity ring less and less.. now that’s a you know what

Lily

Posted at 6:19 PM on May 20, 2011

i like Jelena but i do think she is moving too fast

bryanni

Posted at 8:41 AM on May 19, 2011

i really hate her

gaby ymc

Posted at 12:12 PM on May 11, 2011

yes, i love an justin and selena

LBW

Posted at 8:53 PM on May 2, 2011

LEAVE SELENA ALONE SHE IS NOT USING JUSTIN AND ALL U HATERS ARE JUST MAD THAT HES DATING HER NOT U HELL NEVER DATE U AND WHEN U SAY HURTFUL THINGS TO HER SHE GETS SAD SO JUST GROW UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUSTIN WONT WANT TO DATE U THEN NOT THAT U HAVE A CHANCE

aleeeeeeeeee

Posted at 10:24 PM on April 27, 2011

im just madly inlove with him

AREEON

Posted at 11:43 AM on May 8, 2011

SO WE ARE TO AT LEST WE GIVEING HIM PEACE

jackie

Posted at 10:54 PM on April 16, 2011

yes! they are a good couple and no! i dont think they are going to fast just be yr self and have a goodlife

justice$

Posted at 12:22 PM on April 10, 2011

look you guys do not tell selena who to date and what she can or cant do. Her parents raised her right and yall know that!so let them date in peace its a shame yall are not peacemakers but yall are daredevils!

?

Posted at 11:08 AM on April 21, 2011

what u said made no sense at all…daredevil? wtf

vic

Posted at 6:55 AM on April 6, 2011

shes just using him seriously she went out with taylor launter, nick jonas… im not a hater but shes just using him for the fame -_-

LBW

Posted at 8:54 PM on May 2, 2011

LEAVE SELENA ALONE YOU MEAN PERSON THATS JUST CRUEL

Bieberfindanewlove

Posted at 8:51 PM on June 2, 2011

THANK YOU. i hate it when ppl think she rlly loves him! SHE JUST WANTS FAME AND A HOT DUDE! HES A FAMOUS HOT DUDE! NOT JUST HOT, GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Randomz

Posted at 10:44 AM on April 3, 2011

I agree with her family. She’s too young for a serious commitment. I mean they’ll be having sex soon its so obvious. Justins a stupid little kid that needs to find someone his own age and not pick up disney girls its so erugh..

Lizz^

Posted at 10:30 PM on April 2, 2011

Omg can’t belive wat a slut,HOPE thT it isent true:shesz changing him alot,miss Tha old justin’hope he comesz bACk(I hate that before she always said”I like him as my lil brother” :(

Randomz

Posted at 10:44 AM on April 3, 2011

I think Justins attitude got more cocky after he was seen with Selena. Selena gets more attention than JB and Justin actually picked up Selena not the other way around.

Bieberfindanewlove

Posted at 8:55 PM on June 2, 2011

@Randomz i love that u see it too. selena just sexually tempted him into being with her. after all, she IS an actress! i bet u this whole love affair is fake! but he thinks its real!

Bieberfindanewlove

Posted at 8:53 PM on June 2, 2011

I LOVE IT WHEN PPL SEE THE TRUTH!

yeah yeah

Posted at 12:42 PM on April 1, 2011

omg you guys are stupid she is 18!! she can do watever she wants and seriously 1 year not a big deal they are happy leave them alone!