Watch as Chloe Melas & Bill Earl count down the night’s most unforgettable moments of pure awkwardness!
The Golden Globes broadcast is a tightly-scripted event which aims to show only the glamorous side of Hollywood. But unprompted moments occasionally slip through the cracks and create some of the most memorable (and hilarious) encounters! Here’s our list of the best goofs and jabs that slipped past producers:
- Andrew Garfield got seriously tongue-tied while introducing the pre-taped segment about HIS OWN MOVIE, The Social Network. Something tells us that footage will be used in public speaking classes as an example of what NOT to do.
- During Melissa Leo‘s acceptance speech for Best Supporting Actress, the camera cut to fellow nominee Helena Bonham Carter, who gave a MAJOR eye roll. The only thing worse than her attitude was her outfit!
- Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie are usually unfazed by critics, but it looked like they stung when host Ricky Gervais repeatedly took shots at The Tourist while they were in the room.
- The honor for Best Animated Film went to Toy Story 3, and director Lee Unkrich asked presenters Justin Bieber and Hailee Steinfeld, “Were you two even born when the first Toy Story came out?” (For the record, Justin was… but Hailee was not.)
- During his acceptance speech for the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement in motion pictures, Robert De Niro made an awkward crack about the waiters at the event being deported, which was met with awkward silence. Oh well, I guess you can’t kick the guy getting a lifetime achievement award off the stage!