Chloe Says: I Was A Cancer Now I'm A Gemini?! My Life Has Been A Lie!

Fri, January 14, 2011 2:00pm EDT by 19 Comments

News that the zodiac changed Jan. 13 caused an uproar in the lives of millions of horoscope believers: Khloe Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Simpson & ME!

When I was growing up, I would anxiously await the days I’d come home to find my monthly copy of Seventeen magazine laying on my bed, and I’d immediately flip through the pages to find my horoscope! Instead of tackling my Algebra homework, I’d prefer to sit there determining if my Cancer reading applied to the guy in my Biology class! I’d circle my lucky month dates in my Hello Kitty planner, hoping that one of those would be the day I’d get asked out! So you can understand my utter horror when I discovered the zodiac had changed, and the 12 astrology signs I’d come to know and love had shifted!

HollywoodLife.com spoke to a leading astrologer who revealed this isn’t new news, and since the signs are only thrown off by about a month, I don’t have to stop going by my moody Cancer sign. I decided to do some further digging, and I learned that there are TWO zodiacs, one that applies to the Western world known as the tropical zodiac and one that deals with the Eastern Hemisphere called the sidereal zodiac. If you live in the Western world the new changes don’t apply to you.

But here’s the reality: I think I ought to go by the ancient Babylonian style of horoscopes (sidereal), which now includes a thirteenth sign! More or less I’m now on a quest to rediscover myself, because I’ve spent my entire life making excuses based on my moody Cancer sign!

— A confused Cancer living in a Gemini’s body

Leo: Aug. 10 – Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16 – Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 – Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 – Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 – Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 – Jan. 20

Sagiuchus or Ophittarius ...

Posted at 3:48 PM on September 21, 2014

Well I used to be Sagittarius (December 17) But now I am Ophiuchus/Sagittarius? December 17th is listed for both of the signs….

poohtattoo

Posted at 8:37 AM on January 16, 2011

First poster-you are an idiot.

Why is Scorpio only SIX days long?!

Glad this doesn’t apply to me, I obviously was born before 09.
Question, do these people writing the articles actually research before they write? Because, I found out that it only applies to new borns in 5 seconds using Google…

Stop freaking, you are who you are, if you “feel” different then maybe planetary alignment is affecting you.

osbcjohn

Posted at 4:27 PM on January 15, 2011

Sure am glad it doesn’t matter what horoscope I am because horoscopes don’t get you to Heaven Jesus does.

Shelly

Posted at 1:16 PM on July 1, 2011

That’s right. Gemini or cancer doesn’t change the fact that I’ll be spending my afterlife with one true god that created me. Love your post! God bless.

me

Posted at 9:03 AM on January 15, 2011

This is confusing. I would rather stick to the old Horoscopes :)I’ve been that particular Horoscope for probably my whole life.

aquamarine

Posted at 12:09 AM on January 15, 2011

totally ridiculous. My personality is really an Aquarius, I never be a Capricorn! :D

elle

Posted at 10:34 PM on January 14, 2011

I hope you guys realize that the new horoscopes only applies to those who were born after 2009…

julie

Posted at 9:15 PM on January 14, 2011

Guest and kelly smith.My thoughts exactly.Very confusing,I’d say.

Shannen Bowmam

Posted at 6:44 PM on January 14, 2011

I was born July 11th, which means i was cancer and now gemini. Which is completely weird, but with the traits of cancer, its totally me. But, i believe, that i am still a Cancer.

Faith

Posted at 5:56 PM on January 14, 2011

I am a Cancer, too so I was just as dissapointed. But I read the traits for us and it was almost as someone right then and there. I knew I was a Cancer. Also, it applies to ones born in ’09 and foward. That was when the freaky-deaky axis stuff started to happen.

Raven

Posted at 4:49 PM on January 14, 2011

But if you were born before the earth’s axis changed you would still be your original sign. It should only apply to people born this year -

kelly smith

Posted at 3:16 PM on January 14, 2011

my b-day is July 20th what the hell sign am i? Cancer or gemini or both???

Guest

Posted at 6:23 PM on January 14, 2011

I am also July 20th; I’m going with both.

Sophie

Posted at 2:33 PM on January 14, 2011

I’m an Ophiuchus. OMG. I’ve loved being a Sagittarian, and have always agreed that the personality traits mentioned for Sagittarians are just like mine. I’m depressed. I want to be a Sagittarian again!

So your saying I /am/ a Sagittarian?? AAgh!

Sophie…

Lara

Posted at 2:06 PM on January 14, 2011

The new zodiac only applies to whomever is born 2009 and later. It does not change everyone elses sign.

Chloe Melas

Posted at 3:31 PM on January 14, 2011

that doesn’t even make sense Lara

Karen

Posted at 1:23 PM on January 15, 2011

It makes perfect sense. The signs changed only now. Therefore only NEW children born after that time would have any effect on their signs… I hope.

Steve

Posted at 2:45 PM on January 15, 2011

Everything is changing. The influence that planets will have on any of us on a given day will be different now than it was. We may behave like cancers or feel like cancers in certain planetary and orbital configurations, in the past. But now things are different and we will be affected differently. I was a strong dyed in the wool cancer, and in the last two years my life circumstances have changed so much that it is hardly tolerable to be a cancer and the switch to Gemini foretells a much better way of experiencing life when the present and recent past had done so much to torture a cancer. I am making the change because it happened on it’s own. I already noticed my inability to allow things to so deeply penetrate my heart, and Gemini’s pattern of interacting with life fits my own personal declarations of the last few months anyway.

candicecancergemini?

Posted at 5:47 PM on October 26, 2011

I guess it may be true because my sensitivity level has decreased and I much stronger than I was before. I was in denial but I realized my horoscopes never made sense anymore.. but the Gemini was on point. July 2