Grey’s Anatomy brings in a soap opera-like twist, while leaving many Mer-Der fans disappointed
If I had to watch the Jan. 13 Grey’s Anatomy episode, “Start Me Up” again, I’d just skip to the final scene because it was that good. The rest of the episode was sub-par in my opinion, it felt like a filler episode in comparison to everything that happened last week. But let’s talk about that last scene!
Every storyline that’s any storyline in Grey‘s starts or ends in an elevator, and the Callie’s pregnant(!) storyline is no different. I mean I had already read the spoilers about it this week and I was still “Oh no she didn’t just drop that bomb!” Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) spent the entire episode berating Mark (Eric Dane) to find out her biggest flaw (bailing when things get tough) and when she finally apologized to Callie (Sara Ramirez) for leaving, and said she would be there no matter what, Callie just goes all “I’m pregnant with Mark’s baby” on her. Was it just me or were you expecting Callie to say “I forgive you” after her day with the (fabulous) gay newlyweds?
Other things of note:
- As a big Mer-Der (Ellen Pompeo/Patrick Dempsey) fan I felt slightly disappointed by Meredith’s 10 failed pregnancy tests. Can something exciting happen with this couple already? I don’t even feel like it’s as suspenseful as it should be, I don’t feel as invested as I should. What do you guys think?
- It was interesting to see the gang battling it out for Chief Resident while doing a poor job of training the first year med students. So appropriate that Alex Karev (Justin Chambers) gets credit and a little something else on the side!
- How ADORABLE was Miranda Bailey, played by the very talented Chandra Wilson, getting all dirty-notes-in-the-medical-chart frisky with a nurse?? Their relationship is so unexpected but feels so right. It’s great to see Bailey finally getting an exciting love life.
- I expected more from Scott Foley‘s Henry and his marriage to Teddy (Kim Raver). It seems like the writers are setting something up there, but for now I’m not sensing any chemistry between the characters.
- Favorite line of the night: “He’s the best thing that ever happened to me. I wanted it to feel like that, not like some trip to the DMV.” Loved that patient relationship!
What did YOU think of the latest episode of Grey’s?