‘Teen Mom’ Jenelle Evans Is Even Worse Than Amber Portwood. Will She Lose Custody Of Baby For Good?

Wed, January 12, 2011 10:31am EDT by 92 Comments

Woah — just when you thought mothers didn’t come much worse than Amber Portwood, Teen Mom 2‘s Jenelle Evans comes along to make Amber look like a nearly perfect parent.

On the first season of MTV’s Teen Mom, we witnessed Amber Portwood attack her daughter Leah‘s father, Gary Shirley, and she ended up losing custody of the little girl and spending a night in an Indiana jail. But on the new season Teen Mom 2, which premiered last night (Jan. 11), we’re getting to know an even bigger mess of a mom — Janelle Evans. This 19-year-old North Carolina native is nothing but trouble and as far as we can tell she’s way worse than Amber, 20!

As we’ve told you, HollyMoms, Jenelle has already lost custody of her 1-year-old son, Jace, who is now in the care of her mother, Barbara. And Jace’s grandma is so disappointed in her daughter that she doesn’t allow her to have much contact with the tot. “Now her mom won’t even let Jenelle drive Jace around in her car,” a friend tells OK! magazine. Sounds like grammy Barbara his this little guys best interest at heart.

Why is she so concerned? Jenelle is running with a wild crowd and is attracted to not-so-nice guys. Jace’s father, Andrew Lewis, 25, has no desire to be a dad. “When Jace was born, he didn’t show much interest in being a father,” an insider tells OK!. “He’d rather party.” And Janelle has blogged that he is “a compulsive liar” who has abused her in the past. And sources say that Jenelle’s new man, Kieffer Delp, isn’t much better. “He may turn out to be the worst of her problems,” reveals the friend. “He’s a destructive influence, leading her even further down a path of no return.”

Jenelle celebrates Jace’s first birthday

Amber is working hard to regain custody of little Leah, 2, and even has the support of her ex Gary. And Jenelle is taking her mom to court to get Jace back, but according to North Carolina family-law attorney Lee Rosen, she doesn’t stand much of a chance. “By making that temporary decision, Janelle may have set herself up for a problem if Grandma is a better parent than she is,” he tells the magazine.

Read all about Janelle’s arrest

Especially troubling is Jenelle’s numerous run-ins with the law. Amber’s only arrest stems from her domestic violence incident, but Janelle’s got a much longer rap sheet. She’s been arrested but cleared of trespassing, and is currently due in court to face charges of breaking and entering and marijuana possession, along with her boyfriend Kieffer, 21.

It’s clear that neither of these young women were ready for the responsibility of motherhood, and I hope and pray that they can grow up and get their acts together for the sake of their kids. What do you think, HollyMoms?

–Amy L. Harper

Get more HollyBaby news and gossip! Friend us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Subscribe to our Newsletter!

Vity

Posted at 4:21 PM on February 17, 2012

Wow! Honestly i think Janelle is the worst mother ever i dont understand why they keep showing her story on tv its pathetic because being on tv is giving her attention, of corse negative attention but still i think she likes it.
Their is no excuse for the way she acts. Janelle needs a lot more than just drug rehab because clearly she is messed up in the head, the “affection” she shows her poor son is to me fake! I don’t think she even cares about the poor baby.
I am sorry to sound so mean but i am discusted by janelle’s attitude of taking things so lightly. Their are so many worse things in life. She needs to cut the BS and just grow up!

desiree

Posted at 8:24 PM on February 20, 2012

I totally agree with you! Its like she has no motherly instinct. After court, she sat in the car and cried because she couldn’t smoke weed anymore. Are you kidding me? She says she needs to smoke because she has anxiety problems. Well ya know I have anxiety to…be a woman, go to the dr. And get the medication and therapy. You need for your so called anxiety! Which the majority of her anxiety she brings on herself for the lifestyle she lives!

Jessica

Posted at 3:21 PM on February 17, 2012

Janelle is going to rehab. I am so happy for her!

Bubble Blaster - Bubble Shooter - Play Bubble Shooter Games

Posted at 8:20 PM on January 25, 2012

Hello, I love to find out more about this subject. Thank you for publishing this.

prissybee

Posted at 1:40 PM on January 21, 2012

Jennelle is pathetic. Her outbursts, her acting like a spoiled brat, her chasing a loser d-bag guy like Kiffer all make me think of her as stupid and pathetic. I can’t understand how or why her mother and her have the type of relationship they have. Since their relationship is dysfunctional, it is just going to lead to her having a dysfunctinal one with her son. For someone who doesn’t work, is failing school, and has mounting legal issues, has anyone else but me wondered how she afforded to buy a car and pay for a lawyer?

rebecca

Posted at 12:43 AM on January 19, 2012

Jenelle is one of the worst mothers living on this planet. I never in my life seen such a human being that is able to have a child when there’s females out here that wish they could treat hers like total crap over a no good man. I don’t even know why mtv allows her to be on their show. She decides to lay down and have a baby then throw it off on her mother. Partying and giving up everything including her son for a no good man is her motto. I really wish she would put some of that effort into Jace as she put it into Keefier. And if Keefier even had a little bit of decency in him he would be encouraging Janelle that her son should come first then getting herself together then maybe working on a relationship with him but that’s clearly not going to happen. As long as Janelles around Keefier has it made. She makes my blood boil. Im really happy Jace is getting support from the grandmother and I don’t blame her one bit for always being on Janelle case. She didn’t lay down and have a baby but despite she still loves her daughter to keep giving her chance after chance after chance to be in her son life but yet she makes no attempt. I really hope babera takes Jace completely because Janelle has no priority into being a parent to that little boy. I also hope babera shows Janelle tough love this go around and not allow Janelle to come back to the home unless to visit Jace and that’s all because when she’s in a bind she uses Jace as a way to ease back into the home just to benfit her for the time being. I also hope Janelle gets some help because clearly her head is not screwed on straight at all. And may God open this girls eyes to see the bigger picture

Jennifer

Posted at 9:56 AM on January 15, 2012

Janelle is the worst excuse for a mother. I feel so bad for that precious little boy. Thank God her mother is there to take care of him. Can you imagine what kind of life little Jace would have if he didn’t have his grandmother there to take care of him? That poor lady should be enjoying her life now and not starting over in raising children. She’s raised her child, she should have to do it again. Bless her heart for caring enough to do so, because otherwise little Jace would have a terrible life with that witch of a “mother”. I don’t think I’ve ever come across a more selfish person in my life. Her mom ask her to watch HER baby for a few minutes while she runs an errand and Janelle can’t get her sorry butt out of the bed long enough to do so. WAKE UP JANELLE! This is YOUR kid. It’s YOUR responsibility.. GROW UP and take responsibility for your child and stop running around w/ that poor excuse of a man Keiffer. Does he even have a job? He has no job, no car, no home…what does he have to offer? What kind of role model is he to be around Jace? Oh wait, I forgot for a second, YOU DON”T CARE. You only care about yourself. You are a piece of work girl. I feel so sorry for that sweet, precious little boy. Even though you don’t deserve it, you are his mother and he loves you, but if you don’t get your life together soon you are going to lose the only person that matters. Maybe one day you’ll wake up and stop being so selfish and put your kid and his future first.

Nat

Posted at 5:36 PM on January 13, 2012

The thing of it is Jenelle is being immature. Some people are not able to have children and to see a child being treated like that is heartbreaking. The moment you have a child the first, last and main thought should be your child. Sorry but if i was to see Jenelle in my neighborhood I would have a talkin or two. I’m sorry your mother is taking on being a mother once again for you. Sorry I don’t know many mothers who would deal with that’s real love.

atif

Posted at 6:13 PM on December 31, 2011

i want to sex

amberm

Posted at 3:03 PM on October 2, 2011

Imo I think ambers an ok mom. Her hitting gary was a dumb mistake I grew up seeing domestic violence, my parents, my aunts and uncles. Iv actually hit my husband but after I had my daughter at 18 I didn’t want her to grow up scared that somebody might die like I did. Yes she should have known better but when you grow up seeing that its easy to do.
Jenelle I don’t think had that great of a mom growing up and she’s still in selfish teenager mode. I don’t think she’s really had a chance at being a mom I really feel bad for the girl she just really needs to grow up a little and straighten herself out. I was a lot like her pre pregnancy and my daughter changed it all

Self Confidence

Posted at 1:14 PM on August 16, 2011

You’ve got great insights about How to get self confidence, keep up the good work!

joeys mommy

Posted at 7:13 PM on August 15, 2011

i think jennele is plain dumb she dont care about no one but herself idk how a mother could have a baby and not give a dam like if their trash shes old enough to know whats write n whats wrong she needs to stop being stupid n care for that kid i was a teem mom too n i did everything i had to cuz i wanted to give my lil one everyting he needed i was always by my sons side ever since day one that he was born i would not leave my son to go out n party n do drugs like common thats so immature if you didnt want to have a baby why did you open your legs in the first place or u could of at least used protection i hate mothers like this why bring kids into this world n not give a dam about them other couples would luv to have kids n they cant n other girls be having kids like crazy n not care…

Justine

Posted at 12:38 PM on August 10, 2011

i feel SO bad for Jace, you have to wonder who he can look up to while he is growing up. his mom? HELL NO! His dad? sadly he probably wont even get to know him… Jenelle is such a slut and she seems like such a mean person, her mom knows whats best and yet Jenelle wants to do whatever Jenelle wants. She thinks the whole freaking world revolves around her!!! If i ever saw her in public, i would slap the crap outta her. im so thankful my parents wernt in jail before i could even talk, let alone now. Does anyone have commen sense anymore?!?! and Who does she think she is smoking marajuana while being a mother, you cant do that. ever. That hoe has to go to jail, she probably is the type to get DUI’s all the time with her baby in the back seat. THIS B**** PISSES ME OFF

Momma52110

Posted at 10:33 AM on May 30, 2011

Janelle needs to grow up and not be a mother when “she” feels like it. Being a mother is a 24/7 for the rest of your life. Ugh she needs to get over herself.

Veva

Posted at 2:26 PM on May 6, 2011

Most older people have matured to the point where having a child seems like a blessing and many are ready for it, maturity-wise.

If one is still in high school and has never had to make a living or care for a child, it is going to take a lot of self-control to face the challenge of having a child, as a teen, and to give everything you can to raising that child in a mature fashion.

I don’t see why, with all the birth control methods available today, anyone would go ahead and get pregnant unless it was for an ulterior reason, such as trapping their boyfriend, and, as we have seen, THAT doesn’t work.

There is also abstinence…saying “No” until you are certain you are up to the challenge of a pregnancy and child-rearing.

All this is just good old common sense. More young ladies should try to get some.

Alli

Posted at 4:08 PM on April 14, 2011

Honestly Jenelle is ruining her life just because she wants to be famous. She needs to step up and take care of Jace! Maybe then she will get custudy of him! I heard a rumor that she is pregnant with triplets, this angers me! Jenelle needs to keep her damn legs closed & step up to be a mom to the baby that she already has!

donna

Posted at 11:13 AM on April 10, 2011

jenelle had no interest in being a parent. remember her behavior after jace was born ? this girl needs intense psychotherapy as well as parenting classes. she has a filthy mouth & is rude, disprespectful, defiant & ungrateful. i may not agree with everything jenelle’s mom says & does but she is clearly tired & frustrated. when a kid pushes your buttons alot of things are said & done out of anger. trust me, i know.

Lp

Posted at 12:27 PM on March 31, 2011

They need to grow up! Having a baby is a special thing that some people, who deserve it most, don’t get to experience. You thought you were old enough to spread your legs then you should take the big responsibility that came from what you thought you were grown up enough to handle. I am 23 and have 3 beautiful kids that I take care of everyday. Those kids need you to take care of them. And if you don’t wanna take care of them and can’t grow up enough to take responsibility then let someone who can give them the best take care of them. Running in and out of a Childs life just makes it worse on them. I know this from experience. I hate watching teen mom 2 and seeing baby jace stare out the window at his mom everytime she walks out on him, she didn’t even hug hi
Or say bye or tell him she loves him. It is so sad. She didn’t deserve that baby.

bek

Posted at 7:12 PM on March 30, 2011

I honestly think is Janelle’s mom actually gave her a change to raise her child she would. It just seems like whenever Janelle wants to try and raise Jace her mom steps in, says she’s doing it all wrong and then won’t let her do anything. Kicking Janelle out of the house every 5 minutes isn’t going to help anything. She was right when she told her mom she obviously wasn’t a good one other. You can’t constantly scream at your teenager, mother or not, and expect them not to rebel. No matter what Janelle does she receives the same punishment…getting kicked out. Yes, she gets involved in the wrong guys, but that’s obviously her upbringing. She’s looking for attention because she obviously lacked it as a child. She just wants someone to love her unconditionally…not kick her out for screwing up a little. And yes, Jace could do that for her…if he wasn’t constantly being taken away by grandma.

Paula

Posted at 8:22 PM on July 16, 2011

i completely agree!!! her mom is sooo trashy and she obviously does not know how to raise a child. i think jenelle would be a better parent than her mom.

desiree

Posted at 8:32 PM on February 20, 2012

Are. You kidding me? Jace is so lucky to have barbara and so is jenelle. Its called tough love. Just think. Where would jace be if it wast for her! And it doesn’t matter how your childhood was or how you were raised when you become an adult you chose to let yours past make you that way..or overcome it and eb something! I hate when people use their upbringing and past as an excuse for their actions?

em

Posted at 2:14 PM on November 18, 2011

I really hope ur not a mom and saying this! Her mom may be naggy and does yell too much but mayb u shud check again cuz from the begiinning jenelle wanted nothing to do with hr son, she had every chance to be a part of hislife and instead left him with mom everynight to go party and nothing has changed since. A baby does not need to be around criminal men or drugs that baby would not stand a chance if left with that girl she is a disgrace to teen moms.I was 17 when got prg. n I had always raised my son completely on my own. Ihave never ever left him with anyone else

jen

Posted at 12:22 AM on March 30, 2011

I think that janelle should grow up!she has a baby now and can’t do things like fight and steal and smoke pot anymore, she is not by herself anymore she has someone else to consider! I also think that her mother and her should have some therapy and they should talk about their relationship and the names they call each other although there shouldn
‘t be any of that, especially from janelle.

mommaof1

Posted at 1:58 PM on March 29, 2011

i was teen mom. i graduated and did everything on my own w/o any help. i know how hard it is. janeele is a big girl and makes her own decisions if my mom was trying to take my kid from me i would have atleast put up a fight i wouldnt have left my kid with her.. when you decide to be an adult and have sex.. be an adult and take care of your child. having a child is one of the greatest blessings in life. My daughter is so big now and we have been thru so much together.. i cant imagine ever missing a moment of her life bcause i want to party.. and i would never sign over custody to anyone!! ever! you can never get those small moments back.. and it seems she is missing all of them. & breaking and entering and marijuana possession.. my gosh grow up!!! are you that stoned you really want to break in to someones house w/o permission.. i just personally think she needs to grow up and be there for her son.. or he will end up growing up w/o a mom and janelles mom will be taking care of him for the next 18 years because janelles too stupid to realize she has a beautiful son she needs to step her act up for.

Tara

Posted at 8:50 PM on July 5, 2011

Nicely said, and good for you for taking responsibility and still graduating on your own! The world of teen moms should look at you as a great example!

Kristina

Posted at 4:42 PM on March 26, 2011

I think we need to do some population control and kill people like Janelle. She doesn’t deserve her adorable son or her caring mother. She’s so disgusting i cant even take it. Hopefully she ends up in jail forever so her son can have a chance at a good life. Her mother needs to cut all ties with her and keep raising Jace as her own. OH! Just look at Janelle….do you really think that she ONLY smokes weed? Ive smoked weed before and it doesn’t make you look that strung out! That is the nasty face of a gross crackhead! WEED MY ASS!

rebecca

Posted at 11:47 PM on March 25, 2011

i respect your opinion and website but i think it is unfair and ridiculous that you are judging these young woman if you have watched the show jenelle’s mother is very overbearing. She has her best intrest for her son from what i can tell you or your “holly moms” have no right to judge a situation that you are not getting a first point of view. As for the other charges i am not sure but marijuana ok big deal its just kids trying to have fun its not like shes shooting up herione and completely out of control with drugs and she obviously cares about her son cause if she didnt then why is she still there.

Anna

Posted at 4:36 PM on February 17, 2012

She is still their because she wants to be on tv not because she cares.

desiree

Posted at 10:38 PM on February 20, 2012

Really? It doesn’t matter if its “just” weed. Its still a drug. And she still supposed to be a mom. It doesn’t matter if its a hard drug or not. And for you to think this is ok is sad honestly. Just kids having fun?! Um hello..she’s a mother..and supposed be a young adult. I usually respect other peoples opinions…but your post (one above) seriosuly made me sick to my stomach and I hope this isn’t how youare or will raise your children.

Nicole

Posted at 2:41 AM on March 24, 2011

I think janelle needs to grow up and do whats right for her kid. It is not fair that he has to grow up with out his mother there in his life. I feel that some of her problems are because of her mother though. Her mother even when she was trying to help out with Jace, didnt want her to care for him. One example was in teen mom 2 when her mother changed his clothes after janelle just put him in them. Im not totally blaming her mother but i think it has something to do with it. I agree they need concelling!! It makes me so sad that everytime she leaves the house Jace runs to the door and watches her go. Its not fair to him that his mom isnt around all the time. ='(

matt taylor

Posted at 11:15 PM on March 22, 2011

janeeles mom is a crazy woman who likes to scream all day at her child just because her life is so bad. she’s just a teenager, they are guna make mistakes.And im suprised she isn’t on cocaine or sumthing thats bad for you as much as she’s ridculed even for little things.Millions of people have smoked pot even presidents, govenors,and even doctors. She’s not 21 she can’t buy acohol what you think she’s guna do getting yelled at like a dog. She is going to school and she ain’t guna be perfect. you have to have some adversity in your life to understand you need to change and wat it takes she’s not there yet.

Kristina

Posted at 4:55 PM on March 26, 2011

something you need to understand sweetie….when you are a mom, yes even a teen mom, you cant make the mistakes that she does. Yeah so what if teenagers smoke pot? when your a teenage mother, you have to get your priorities straight with a quickness. she isnt even making the effort. Her financial aid checks arent going towards school are you really buying that? She will end up dropping out of school and using that money in the meantime to buy some crack and stay in a motel for a few nights with her sorry excuse of a boyfriend!

rebecca

Posted at 10:17 PM on March 26, 2011

thk you!!! your the only person on here that makes any sense!!!

desiree

Posted at 10:44 PM on February 20, 2012

Its called tough love. Like I don’t understand some of these posts. How do you think these actions are ok!? When your a parent you have priorities! It isn’t ok to “just smoke weed” these post make me sad people seriously think this ok and excusing her actions.

Summer

Posted at 8:11 PM on March 17, 2011

Why does it seem, that so many loser girls, end up being preyed upon by sex-obsessed, free-loading black “boyfriends.”

They are so desperate for a boyfriend, that they can’t see that these chimps are just using them for free sex, a free place to stay, and to get as much money out of them as possible.

It’s very sad, and I see it all around me.

Kristina

Posted at 4:50 PM on March 26, 2011

HAHAHA! I LOVE YOU!!!!!! That i the most true statement ive read here yet!