Yikes! 'Teen Mom 2' Jenelle Evans' Baby, Jace, Held Upside Down After Surgery! Watch!

Tue, January 11, 2011 2:54pm EDT by 236 Comments

Jenelle, you need to be more careful with your baby son Jace! This whole situation looks super dangerous!

What on earth is Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle Evans thinking? In a video that HollyBaby.com found, Jenelle’s 1-year-old son Jace can be seen playing in a messy bedroom surrounded by dangerous objects! It’s no surprise that her mom, Barbara, has custody of this kid! HollyMoms, watch this disturbing video and let us know what you think.

First, Jace picks up what appears to be — according to Jenelle, 19, who is holding the camera — a bible and attempts to read through the pages. Is the little boy searching for answers as to why his mommy is so crazy (she’s been arrested multiple times for marijuana possession, breaking and entering and trespassing and even ran away from home) or why his daddy Andrew Lewis, 25, is no longer part of his life?

Jace celebrates his first birthday

Next, Jenelle’s boyfriend Kieffer Delp, 21, is seen messing around with the tiny tot, then holding him upside down. Normally, this wouldn’t be a red flag, but Jenelle warns her bf: “Don’t hold him upside down anymore, just because, you know, he got that surgery the other day.” Considering that the video was posted on Jan. 3, shouldn’t Kieffer be a little more gentle with Jace?

‘Teen Mom’ stars Kyle and Maci are still going strong

We’re also really disturbed by the fact that Jace is hanging out in a messy bedroom where multiple objects that are not suitable for a 1-year-old are easily accessible. Towards the end of the video, you can see what looks like a bottle of bug killing spray. Any logical person knows about the warning labels on the side of these cans of poisen read: “Keep out of reach of children!”

Wow! Jenelle, what the heck are you thinking? Just wait until your own mom, Barbara Evans (who has legal and physical custody of Jace) sees what’s going on. We hope she sets you straight!

Watch the video below and tells us what you think about this dangerous situation!

- Lindsey DiMattina

Abby

Posted at 4:11 PM on January 27, 2013

Jennel does not take care of Jace and Jace cries and I feel bad for him it is so crazy when Jennel was on drugs and when she was in jail she does not take care of her child

April

Posted at 4:08 PM on January 27, 2013

I think Jennel should not fight with her mom and take care of Jace and be a mother

kourtney

Posted at 12:37 AM on December 14, 2012

i dont see anything wrong? she is actrally with her son! and she is clean! there is no sign of her mother its just her and she is doing a prety damn good job!

Tanja F

Posted at 5:22 PM on November 15, 2012

You’re overreacting like crazy. Only because this is Jenelle you’re trying to look for anything in the room to blame her for something ‘dangerous’. I don’t feel like this was a dangerous situation.

Indie

Posted at 9:40 PM on October 1, 2012

That ant spray is way to high for him to reach. And the room is messy, but its not necessarily dangerous. A lot of it can generally be helped, but kids are messy and I can’t imagine chasing a 1 year old kid all day and cleaning up every single thing as he goes. Tripping and falling on laundry would probably be a safer fall than the carpet, in a way. Should be cleaned, but not a health hazard.

And we don’t even know what kind of surgery Jace went through. It was probably a very minor one, as Jace is happy, running around, and not held back at all. The only thing that bothered me was Keifer picking Jace up by the arms and swinging him. Thats how you pull arms out of sockets :( but even then he was being fairly gentle, and Jace was laughing so it obviously wasn’t too rough or hurting. Jace is a year old, he’d be obvious about any pain or discomfort.

Jenelle isn’t my favorite teen mom, but doesn’t mean you gotta trash her over nothing. Its a cute home video.

Takeria

Posted at 2:39 PM on June 11, 2012

nothing dangerous about the situation, Jace is laughing, having fun. And bug spray? he cant even reach it. Stop trying to make her look bad. Jace is soo cute

Noctophilia

Posted at 1:33 AM on June 26, 2012

That room is a pig sty, nobody has to TRY to make her look bad. She did it herself.

Salina Lyn

Posted at 1:54 PM on March 31, 2012

The only dangerous thing I saw was Keiffer Holding him by his hands and with one arm. And all the wires that he could get electricuted with, and he could also pull that lamp down and smash him on the head with it. but i didnt see him even acknoledge the wires, and the bug spray was on the dresser where he couldnt reach it. I have a 1 year old as well, and i flip him around all the time. On the show teen mom they only show jenelle leaving her son, which makes her out to be a bad mom, they never show her playing with her son, so i am glad to see jenelle posting her own videos. I think jenelles mom has good intentions, but I think she does a lot of harm, and makes jenelle angrier then she needs to be. Jenelle is a good mom, its too bad the cameras on the show hid that from everyone. if she was a bad mom she wouldnt have gone to rehab to be better. just sayin, I like janelle, she just needs to stay out of court. and i think keiffer should change for jace too if he is really committed to jenelle.

mdizzle

Posted at 9:57 AM on April 8, 2012

Lol, I love all the other moms sticking up for her disgusting bedroom. You’re all pathetic, if you keep a house like this with one year olds, you dont deserve to have kids! The flipping was harmless of course.

kayti

Posted at 9:46 PM on March 10, 2012

are you kiddding, there is nothing dangerous about that situation. it looks like they are all bonding isnt that a good thing and hes laughing so its not like hes in pain or anything .

MotherofTwo

Posted at 3:00 PM on March 6, 2012

He is Soooo Cute! He looks Just like his momma. Looks like he’s having fun to me. I hate people like that who say bad things just to say it. The people who make these articles don’t have their own children, and if they do the most they do for them is never see them and pay child support. (If that.) And in the video, She clearly states “Just don’t hang him upside down any more” So buzz off evil Papz. Go spend some time with your kids. Let this mom be happy with hers.

sam

Posted at 5:52 PM on February 18, 2012

REALLY?! You’re making her out to be a bad mom for havingmessy room? and having things around that he could get a hold of. But this video shows nothing, it shows her and Kiffer playing with and Jace laughing. OMG it’s so horrible to see a baby having fun and nothing hurting him. IDIOTS.

Sika

Posted at 9:31 AM on February 16, 2012

This made it sound like baby Jace was running around with bug spray and axe. He wasn’t in any danger despite how messy the room was. Janelle is still a teenager and teenagers have messy rooms. The baby was being watched the entire time and was just playing, as babies do ALL the time. As bad as Keiffer turns out to be, here he isn’t hurting neither Jace nor Janelle. Was it a good idea to hold him upside down after surgery? No…but its understandable. Every kid I’ve EVER played with loves to be held upside down or flipped around in the air. He had a strong hold over him and didn’t once drop him. As soon as Janelle asked him to stop holding him in such a manner he stopped right away.
Shame on you for adding unneeded pressure and negativity to this young mom. She’ll learn how to be a great mom in time, she just needs to learn how to take better care of herself before she can take care of Jace. It’s obvious the Janelle has a love for her son and he returns it unconditionally.

Theresa

Posted at 1:04 AM on February 8, 2012

Yeah, it’s a messy room but I think Jace was having a blast and they were watching him the entire time. She isn’t a bad mom, she is just young and is still learning how to be a great mom. I have 4 children myself, I can remember what it was like with my first baby. I had to figure things out for myself and that’s exactly what she needs to do. I think that she has always tried but her mom wanted her to fail so bad. I think she only got custody of her grandson because she likes being in control and having something to hold over Jenelle’s head. When she got him the Spiderman quad, that’s a great gift and kids never know what to do with them at first but her mom tried to make her feel bad about it. I think in time she will really pull it together and surprise all those negative people. I’m rooting for her! That sweet little baby loves his mommy and she loves him not much else matters.

katieboo234

Posted at 10:52 PM on December 20, 2011

I think things with her will get better in the long run ubhave to give her time

JaJa

Posted at 3:42 PM on November 1, 2011

Well, I think you´´re ricght…the room is full of rubish an other stuff which isn´t that good for a child. But I think the two were watching him the whole time. And to me it seems like Chace is having a lot of fun and he really loves his mommy and kieffer. I can´t unterderstand moste of the things Jennel does, but I think that she could be a good mom…but her mom didn´t show her what a good mom is. I think Jenelle had a lot of trouble caused by her mom. Once she said, that her mom never tells her that she loves her or that she´s proud of her. Isn´t that the most important thing a mom have to do?! She always tells Janelle that she´s a bad mom…but look at her, she the worsest mom I could imagine. How could Jenelle do it the ricght way?!
I don´t understand why she´s smoking and taking drugs and do this crazy things, but I think it´s most of all the fault of her mom. Jennel always treid to be good mom, but she can´t stand her own mom and can´t handle this situation. I think Jenelle wants to be the Baby…and have got a mom who tells her that she loves her. It´s hard for her.
So, don´t always talk about people that bad, when you don´t now their storys. If someone had a bad childhood it can effect the whole life, as it is with Janelle.

Destiny

Posted at 1:53 AM on December 17, 2011

Your rite….Jennels mom started all of this crap…..it NEVER would have happened ifit wasnt for her…..Jaceloves his mom,ALOT.and Jennel should have the rite to take him to the park, play with him, and put clothes on him with outher mom telling her to stop and then change his clothes. its not fair to jennel………I love you Jennel….by the way Jennel (no affence)im sorry u came from barbra.and i dont think keffir is rite for u at all, and he treats u like crap….all hes doing is ruining UR chances of getting Jace back in ur life…..Good luck with everything.luv u. :)

Misti

Posted at 11:11 PM on October 7, 2011

I dont see anything wrong in this video other than the room being messy, he wasnt left alone with the bug spray and they were interacting with him and playing with him. Kids like being held upside down and playing, I do it with my daughter all the time. I agree with the others about jenelle’s mother, she treats her own daughter like crap and its likely that she will treat Jace the same way when he gets older. She should be more supportive and positive towards her own child instead of taking her grandchild away to be raised in the same f’d up way jenelle was. I think some parenting classes and babyproofing info would help jenelle out but her mom needs therapy

courtney

Posted at 5:23 PM on September 13, 2011

i dont see anything wrong with this video but maybe its just me .. yeah her room is messy but he didnt get hurt and jace was laughing thats why he kept playin with him like that…

Amber

Posted at 2:22 PM on August 22, 2011

I dont see anything wrong with Jace being upside down I have done that with my own son he loves it! the holding by one arm and by the wrist on the other hand I wouldnt do but I see nothing wrong with any of it!

sabby

Posted at 7:52 PM on August 3, 2011

wow, us teens have messy rooms. its not a problem. its not like they left him alone in there. people should stop hating on janelle. shes just figuring things out and getting her life back together. u dont know what its like to be a teen mom, so SHUT UP