'Teen Mom 2' Jenelle Evans Gives Up Custody Of Son Jace! Exclusive Details!

Tue, January 11, 2011 10:41am EDT by 32 Comments

Courtesy of MTV

‘Teen Mom 2′ premieres tonight (Jan. 11), and it seems like there’s a new Amber Portwood in town — troubled 19-year-old, Jenelle Evans!

Can the Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle Evans even be considered a teen mom anymore? The 19-year-old, best-known for her partying ways while starring on 16 and Pregnant, has been arrested twice and is no longer legally entitled to her son! HollyBaby.com has learned that Jenelle signed over “primary legal custody and primary physical custody” of her 16-month-old son, Jace, to her mom, Barbara Evans on June 10.

The stipulations of the custody agreement read: “The plaintiff [Barbara] is the maternal grandparent of the minor child. She is currently exercising physical control of the minor child by the consent of the defendants [Jenelle and her baby daddy Andrew Lewis, 25].”

‘Teen Mom 2′ Jenelle Evans arrested for an alleged marijuana possession!

Teen Mom or Teen Mom Train Wreck previously reported that Barbara Evans held temporary custody of Jace back in June. This custody agreement came just in time, as Jenelle soon proved that she’s not fit to care for Jace. As HollyBaby.com has previously reported, Jenelle has been arrested since the June 10 custody agreement. On Oct. 15, she was booked and charged with breaking and entering, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia (the first hearing for her trial is set for Jan. 10).

Just a month after her run-in with the law, Jenelle was involuntarily committed to Brunswick Community Hospital by her mom, Barbara. The police incident report indicated that “she was found not to be a threat to herself or anyone else” and Jenelle was released early the next morning.

Meet the new ‘Teen Mom 2′ girls!

Given Jenelle’s long history of arrests (she was also arrested for trespassing, but the charge was dismissed) and her continuous troubles (she ran away from home in 2008), the court ruled that she couldn’t handle the responsibilities of being a mother. And it’s believed that baby daddy Andrew has no involvement in his son’s life, apart from paying child support.

–Lindsey DiMattina

Get more HollyBaby news and gossip! Friend us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Subscribe to our Newsletter!

kristian matano

Posted at 1:10 PM on March 20, 2011

I know I put the p.s. before the main comment- To Janelles mother, Barbara. I believe you are the better person to take care of Jace. It is VERY obvious how much you love him AND youre daughter. She has burned you over and over again. But please dont scream at her in front of Jace. He will think its okay to scream, and call your kids names, that are hurtful, and are really verbally abusing. I mean, I believe you are younger than me, and my kids are constantly telling me to grow up, but I HURT to my heart when you scream at Janelle. Jace needs to be allowed to form his own jopinion of his mom. Shes rebelling like a young teenager, and she needs to grow up. But I see YOU in her. She is how you raised her. Now if you have to go meditate or go take a walk, do that, but calm down, do you hear me? Youre friend, and youre in my prayers, because I understand, Kristian Matano from Brooklyn, New York.

kristian matano

Posted at 1:04 PM on March 20, 2011

p.s. although I was not around my dad growing up, my mother should not have constantly talked how horrid he was. I think the kids are innocent and should be allowed to form their own opinion of the other parent. I know you are angry and hurt. But please dont poison Jaces mind about his mom. and for Gods sake, stop that screaming!!!

kristian matano

Posted at 1:01 PM on March 20, 2011

I can understand all the fuss and concern regarding the behaviour of Janelle Evans; and I also realise she is “grown”, but I feel such sorrow for Jace. Janelle’s mother truly has been constantly on her daughter’s behind, ie; verbally abusive both to her daughter, and Jace is HEARING all that screaming that “grandma” does. Miss Barbara, although at present (well, until I see more video), most undortunately your grandson should be with you, but for heaven’s sake, do you realise just HOW MUCH you scream? And I KNOW you realise that Jace hears your’e screaming, he’s gonna grow up thinking that’s acceptable. Although you have EVERY reason in the world to be very hurt and angry, (my sincerest prayers of support are with you, I too, am a grandma); please TRY to watch just WHAT you are screaming in front of him. he will grow up already forming a negative opinion of his mom, because of some of the things you have said TO HIM about her. Its almost like a separated or divorced couple that is telling negative things about the other parent. I am only saying this, because my own mother did this while separated from my father, and I grew up hating him, and although he wasnt the

morgan

Posted at 1:10 PM on March 10, 2011

i think that Jenelle is a pretty good mother and i know that she has had a lot on her plate, but i really do think that she should have definitely kept the baby and not have givin it to her mother. NO OFFENSE!!! But i think that the father of this baby is Stephen Fullwood. You can tell in a lot of the pictures that Jace looks a lot like Stephen, and it would be very surprising to me if the father would be Andrew. A lot of people need to just keep their mouth shut about Jenelle, and quit saying shes the bad guy when shes not. Shes perfectly fine the way she is, people just need to QUIT and MIND THEIR OWN BUISNESS!!!!

Charlie

Posted at 3:03 PM on February 15, 2012

How can you be a good mom if you are never around??? And when u r u want to be elsewhere? I have a child and i couldnt do what jenelle does – if she had kept custody i could see her in court in a few years on child homicide charges – she is seriously that bad!! Shes a selfish person who ONLY thnks of herself!!
People lile her donot deserve the gift that is a child

sarah

Posted at 3:56 PM on July 3, 2012

you are right jennelle all the way

Me-O-My!

Posted at 5:03 PM on March 9, 2011

Jenelle is how can I say it–A Wanna Be. Yes, she wants to be everything other than a Mother.

And No, I do not blame Barbara for Jenelle’s actions. Jenelle just wants to be a “bad ass” who thinks no one can tell her what to do. Here’s some advice for you–Either you can do what you’re told willingly or one day someone will MAKE YOU do as your told (behind bars)!

Just think–what if Barbara hadn’t taken Jace? Do you think it would be good for him to be shipped around from place to place? Little girl you can’t have it your way-all the way-all the time. Say what you want about Barbara, she just wants her daughter to stop whoring around and running the streets and to be a good Mother to her child.

Karen

Posted at 8:52 PM on February 23, 2011

First of all Jenelle Evens is an abused child herself. Just watching the show and seeing how Barbra her mother purposely pushes her buttons to make her angry. Barbra also belittles her daughter every chance she gets. She holds that baby over Jenelles head to hurt her. Barbra, is purposely cruel and mentaly abuses Janelle. Jace needs to be with his real mother Jenelle and they need to go to a womans shelter that will help Janelle learn how to be a responsible mother. They can provide her with job training and shelter.She will be able to take care of her son while in the program. Why in the world did nobody give Janelle the option of this. She was forced into signing away her child…It is absolutely not right. In caseslike this I believe MTV should have stepped in and got councel for Janelle. They failed this girl, so far anyway.

mommy to be

Posted at 7:30 AM on January 25, 2011

personally i think that they are both in the wrong, for Barbra the reason would be that she does try and control a lot of what happens with Jace instead of coaching Janelle through it, instead she takes control and pretty much pushes Janelle aside. but as for Janelle if she really was a mother she wouldn’t let her mom do everything for her kid. she always says I AM THE PARENT… well act like one then. Even when you put him to bed that doesn’t mean your not a mom anymore, you should still stay there and care for him, im sure he has laundry or bottles that need tending to. also she says in a video i seen on youtube that she only goes to the movies… i dont recall ever seeing dancing (well grinding) or a bull in any movie theater. she also says she only goes out on saturdays and that shes still a teenager, well im a teen as well and idc what day of the week it is i will never leave my son with my mom to go out and party, it would even be different if it was really once a week and she ASKED her mom to watch him for a few hours but she just up and leaves, but we all know shes not only going out only once a week.

Nunyafukkinbiz

Posted at 10:39 AM on January 15, 2011

There’s a 6 year age gap between Janelle and baby daddy. Remember when she said to her mom they had been dating for 3 years? She got pregnant at 17. A 14 year old girl dating a 20 year old? Shyt!!

teen mom

Posted at 3:19 PM on January 14, 2011

o and one more thing you dont even know the half of it you just see whats on t.v. if you havent noticed there is ALOT more going on when the cameras arent there DUH!!!!!!

teen mom

Posted at 3:18 PM on January 14, 2011

i am 22 and have to children my son is almost 2 i had him when i was 19 so does that make me a bad mother or person for that matter, no god had a plan for me and i love him for that cause if it werent for my two kids i would probably be dead somewhere. god gave these girls their children for a reason obviously god wanted janelle to have the baby and her mom to raise it in the end janelle and her mother will have the relationship the have longed for dont be so hard on these girls because they have kids a at young age you need to be more worried about girls at the age of 12-15 that are having kids. if you can have a baby and finish high school i give you a praise most mothers cant even do that and if you finish high school and go to college and have a job your a saint in my book. good job girls for doing what god wanted you to do.

hillsy

Posted at 5:51 PM on January 23, 2011

I don’t think anyone is bashing jenelle for having a child young. I got pregnant at 19 as well, but I was nothing like this girl. Being a good mom has nothing to do with what age you are, it’s what you do. She doesn’t act like a mom. I wouldn’t even let her babysit my houseplant, nevermind my child! Think about it, if you were looking for a babysitter for your kids, would you hire someone who you knew smoked pot, drank, left their own children with someone else all the time and hit their own mother?

danyka

Posted at 10:46 AM on January 14, 2011

Jenelle is another Casey Anthony in the making. If her and her mom keep going the way that they are that poor boy will end up just like Caylee. I really hope they can get their act together.

d.

Posted at 11:09 PM on January 11, 2011

jenelle isnt a bad mother she tried to take care of her son but her mother wouldnt let her. the mother should have made jenelle take care of the baby and stop trying to run everything bout the babby. i blame the mother.

Isome

Posted at 8:41 PM on January 13, 2011

I agree with you completely! Barbara has issues of her own that she needs to address. Instead of presenting herself to the court as if she’s poor, put upon “grandma’ of the year” she should have done some serious introspection.

Clearly from this evening’s episode you can see Barbara goad Jenelle and needlessly interfere with her parenting of Jace.

Mismer

Posted at 1:00 AM on January 14, 2011

Parenting? This girl has not even begun to parent this child. All she does is party and think about her self. Her complaint in the show is that she is never allowed to pick out his outfits. Why doesn’t she take the time to actually take care of her child and not leave the responsibility to her mother. When she received her papers she entered the house screaming about her rights as a parent, but never went over to her son that she had not seen in days and give him a kiss or hug. This is what I call a real stand up mom. Way to go Jenelle.

aver6080

Posted at 11:02 PM on February 8, 2011

fact. i say again, she is the worst. ever. EVER!

Iagree

Posted at 2:07 AM on January 17, 2011

I’m sorry, just because someone doesn’t let you take care of YOUR kid, doesn’t mean you just “OH LOOKS SOMEONE IS STOPPING ME,I SHOULD GIVE UP!” What, why didn’t she fight for him during those times,why didn’t she sit down and have a convo with her mother,about how she felt. Why was it the mother always starting one. Then Jenelle flips out and just leaves the child with his grandma?

steph

Posted at 6:29 AM on January 6, 2011

How does not knowing how to spell certain words make you an irrisponsible mother? Being a good mother means putting your child first, which Jenelle never did. Jenelle is an awful mother and didn’t even hold her child while she fed him.

Hanna

Posted at 5:19 PM on January 9, 2011

omg you fug hos i am a good mama and i smoke pot all i want cuz i am nicer to my kid when i am baked you are all jugmental hobags

Mismer

Posted at 12:54 AM on January 14, 2011

REALLY? This is THE dumbest post I have ever read. You can not be serious !!!!!!!!!!

Kat

Posted at 10:20 AM on January 2, 2011

Also, I think being a responsible parent includes learning how to SPELL words like ridiculous. (Sorry, Jordans Mommy) And also how and where to use apostrophes (as in Jordan’s).

Additionally, it’s nice to see that you only get pregnant if you spread your legs. Nevermind rape. Genius. Hope you don’t have daughters!

riya

Posted at 12:20 PM on January 5, 2011

Thank god that she didnt abort/kill the kid.

Ondine

Posted at 6:55 AM on January 6, 2011

Why not? No child deserves the hellish life he is doomed to w/ that mother/grandmother combination.

Kat

Posted at 10:18 AM on January 2, 2011

What’s pathetic is what a bang-up job Jenelle’s mother did with her, and now she gets to try again. Fail again? Lets hope not…

Ajmcgill

Posted at 9:54 AM on January 9, 2011

Surely you can not blame Jenelle’s mother for the choices Jenelle is now making. Barbara is not shirking responsibilities, she works full-time and provides a home for her child. She doesn’t get high and does not appear to be an alcoholic.

Unless you know these people, how can you blame the Mom for her child’s mistakes? Is every Mom responsible for crimes and other mistakes their children make? Should we start locking up every criminals’ parents?

aver6080

Posted at 11:00 PM on February 8, 2011

Srsly. I hate Barbara Evans soooooo much from what i have seen of her on the show. her personality, her behavior, her voice, her face.. she is just awful. People say Jenelle is a bad mom? well, imagine having barbara in your life and not being crazy. gah

jordans mommy

Posted at 12:29 AM on December 30, 2010

if you cant handle being a parent.. then you need to keep your legs closed…. or start using condoms and birth control…… thats rediculous…. you where the worst mom on there.. your not a mom anyways.. you just happen to give birth to a kid you dont care about and just dump on your mother… wow…. your lame jenelle grow up and take care of your own child.. stop partying and everything and grow up.

Teri

Posted at 11:47 AM on December 25, 2010

19 is not too young to be a responsible parent, and 25 certainly isn’t. What is pathetic is that grandma, who was finished raising kids, is now looking at 18 more years of motherhood. How completely selfish of Jenelle and her baby daddy.

She looks so much like Jena Malone in this picture.

vivian

Posted at 1:27 AM on January 26, 2011

That mother Barbara is an absolute nightmare. Neither she nor Jenelle should be raising a child. Look what Barbara has already raised. This is a cycle that will repeat itself endlessly. That poor baby.

aver6080

Posted at 11:04 PM on February 8, 2011

you read my mind. Glad to know im not alone in how much I hate jenelles mother on this show.