Are 'Desperate Housewives' & 'Brothers & Sisters' In Danger Of Getting Canceled?

Mon, January 10, 2011 8:45pm EST by 67 Comments

Oh, no! ABC renewed six shows Jan. 10, but didn’t say anything about two of our favorites! We hope they are okay!

TV fans had an encouraging day Jan. 10, as ABC renewed six popular shows, including Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice, Castle, Modern Family, The Middle and Cougar Town (the crowd cheers!). Unfortunately, there’s been no word yet on the network’s popular Sunday night lineup, Brothers & Sisters and Desperate Housewives! Are they on their way out?

Not quite so fast. There’s still hope! Our sister site, TVLine.com, explains that DH executive producer Marc Cherry still has two seasons left on his docket. However, the show’s leading ladies — Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria — are reportedly in the process of re-negotiating their contracts and until they do, we’re not going to hear about any green lights for an eighth season.

Meanwhile in Walker Family Land…Brothers & Sisters has a “50/50″ percent chance of getting the ax before getting a sixth season, reports Michael Ausiello. Apparently, ratings were up this fall so ABC extended the current season, but has stayed mum on a renewal. Bah!

Would you be bummed if either one of the shows got canceled or have you moved on? Sound off below!

–Kirstin Benson

Michael

Posted at 11:23 AM on May 11, 2011

Please do not not cancel Brothers and Sisters, I just fell in love with in on the current season, so I went out and bought the entire first through 4 seasons. I also can see my own personal life in the show with Scotty and Kevin. The show is fulled with beautiful and talented actors, and cancelling it would be a big mistake!!!

Nancy

Posted at 8:22 AM on May 11, 2011

I’m a huge fan of both shows – watch faithfully every Sunday and would be very very upset if either one of them gets axed. I think ABC would be making a huge mistake.

Bernie

Posted at 9:14 PM on May 9, 2011

Please, Please, Please do not cancel (Brothers and Sisters)
This show is a welcome change from all the talk shows and reality shows that are flooding the networks. Every time I turn on the T.V., if it’s not a reality show, it’s a detective or medical show. Keep the line-up well rounded, and not just try to please the 20 somethings…….Why would you leave (Desperate Housewives) on, which is getting dumber by the day…..and cancel a well acted and interesting show like(Brothers &Sisters).

Rebecca

Posted at 9:41 PM on May 9, 2011

Please, please please do not cancel either show. I LOVE BROTHERS & SISTERS. The writers and actors portray family life to perfection. Drama, comedy, substance and excellent writing and actors. I AM SICK OF REALITY SHOWS. Please give us more of DH and B&S.

Look forward to watching these shows every Sunday night.

Brenda

Posted at 7:08 PM on May 9, 2011

I would not be bummed if DH did not come back. However, I am really bummed thinking Brothers and Sisters would not be returning. I thought after last night’s show that is sounded so final and said so. Please bring back B&S…you can let DH to to TV Heaven.

Charlene

Posted at 4:23 PM on May 9, 2011

I don’t watched a lot of TV except for Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, Parenthood and Brothers and Sisters plus 20/20 and Regis and Kelly. If they cancel any of the above, that will just give me extra time to do something else other than the nonsensical shows on TV. I also watch O’Reilly Factor and I can’t stand these reality shows and medical shows. etc. Enough is enough with medical shows, detective shows, crime shows……when will the executive producers or decisions makers wake up.

Arlene

Posted at 3:28 PM on May 9, 2011

This is one of the most realistic shows on television without being a reality show. The cast is superb and is one of the best shows on network television (only equaled by Parenthood on NBC). I know that although I love the absurdity of Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters is a welcome addition to the ABC Sunday lineup. It would be a shame to cancel this show.

Ann

Posted at 11:19 PM on May 8, 2011

Thank goodness there is a down to earth family show on.
Sick of all of the crime shows and medicals, plays on
death and too many talent shows. Boring! Except Dancing with the Stars. Sally and her family are perfect. Great
cast – each one better than the next. Hope you can find a a way to keep it on.

Thanks for all of the wonderful viewing! Love it!!

Stella

Posted at 4:58 PM on May 6, 2011

I love Brothers and Sisters. It exposes true feelings in a raw and non threatening way. The cast is superb and the storylines are very human. Please keep it going for at least another season.

Beth

Posted at 10:50 PM on May 1, 2011

I LOVE Brothers and Sisters…Please keep it on. I’ve only been watching it for 2 years plus reruns but I am hooked and I think this season is the best with Kevin and Scotty’s daughter and baby and one of my favorite actors, Beau Bridges.

Please renew it and keep Beau. I’m so tired of losing my shows…almost makes me want to stop watching any TV.

Cindy

Posted at 2:22 AM on April 25, 2011

Please don’t cancel Brothers & Sisters. I love this show and please keep Beau Bridges on. He’s been the best match for Nora and I think it’s nice to see an older woman reviving an old relationship. People seem to forget that just because we’re getting older doesn’t mean our hearts aren’t still young and still want that special relationship. This show shows that.

jensen davenport

Posted at 11:50 AM on April 21, 2011

i say they should be canceled seven yrs they had enough

sadie merenda

Posted at 11:35 PM on May 1, 2011

Desperate housewives and Brothers and Sisters are the teo best shows that are on the air , its getting so there is nothing good to watch anymore and they really are the best,I hope they do not cancel these two show, I wait every week for them to be on

tonya

Posted at 5:03 PM on May 13, 2011

no its not i love dh and i would hate to see it get canceled

ami

Posted at 8:30 PM on April 3, 2011

Please don’t cancel brothers & sisters – it is one of the most uplifting family shows on tv – even with all of their problems – have watched since the beginning – love the show!
Thanks

Janet

Posted at 4:00 AM on April 1, 2011

please do not cancel brothers & sisters or desperate housewives. I have followed both shows since day one and really love them. I like Brothers and Sisters more. I love that they can’t keep a secret and they are such a close nit family. So don’t cancel either one please.

Rosemary

Posted at 12:22 AM on March 21, 2011

When are they on? Making fools out of us fans.

Rosemary

Posted at 12:20 AM on March 21, 2011

It is NEVER ON. Brothers and Sisters. My friends and I try and stay faithful but it’s NEVER on. You forget the story line by the time it’s on again.

LET IT GO THEN ALTOGETHER.

Anisa

Posted at 11:59 AM on March 20, 2011

DON’T cancel DH! It’s still an amazingg show. But go ahead & cancel B&S, it’s boringg.

Kevin Christopher

Posted at 9:31 AM on February 26, 2011

Please ABC. do not let brothers and sisters fans disappointed. I know you will not disappoint us. Your fans are not just in America. I am from Indonesia but I really liked the show very much!!. I download the show on the internet from season 1-5 and I watch it over and over again. I beg you once again ABC. please do not let your fans disappointed. B&S

Kevin Chritopher

Posted at 9:18 AM on February 26, 2011

Sean

Posted at 1:22 PM on February 23, 2011

Its time for both of them to go. B&S has just gotten tired and uninteresting.

While DH has run its course, it was fun but boring now.

Phyllis Corley

Posted at 12:19 PM on February 22, 2011

I love Desperate Housewives and have watched every episode from Season 1. There would be a huge whole in my Sunday nights without the DH clan. Here’s hoping that all the housewives and their families will sign on to do 2 more seasons. Since Bree released her boyfriend, maybe John Schneider can come back as her new love interest.

Phyllis Corley

Posted at 12:15 PM on February 22, 2011

I love Brothers & Sisters and have watched every episode faithfully from the very first season. Season 5 hasn’t been quite as good as the other seasons. However, I just wathed the last episode with Beau Bridges, and this is the best episode in quite some time. If Beau would sign on for Season 6, the show would get new life blood. I loved the character he played as well as the chemistry between him and all the Walker clan. Please save this wonderful show and do whatever it takes to get Beau Bridges to come on board. Here’s hoping to not lose my favorite tv family.

Jenifer Picetti

Posted at 1:59 AM on February 21, 2011

I agree, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Brothers and Sisters!!! Please DO NOT CANCEL!!! Instead, let’s explore the whole “Nora/Brody” relationship!Could make for some VERY good TV, you know, ” The One That Got Away”!!!!!!!!!!

Cassandra

Posted at 1:31 AM on February 12, 2011

I would be crushed if Brothers and Sisters got canceled!!! Don’t care either way on DH but the Walker family must stay!!!

Alyssa

Posted at 12:26 AM on January 30, 2011

I love brothers and sisters, desperate housewives has lost its edge. I hope they dont cancel them though

Angela

Posted at 9:20 PM on January 24, 2011

I would be very upset if either one was canceled i would be very upset if brothers and sisters went off the air