Can You Believe This ‘Toddlers & Tiaras’ 2-Year-Old Wore A Cone Bra Like Madonna?

Fri, January 7, 2011 9:11am EDT by 15 Comments

Is this little girl’s metallic gold cone bra going too far?

Two-year-old pageant contestant Mia Grande was the big winner on Wednesday night’s (Jan.5) episode of TLC’s Toddlers &Tiaras. Apparently her Madonna medley and rather inappropriate costumes helped her earn the Ultimate Grand Supreme title at the Universal Royalty pageant in Austin, TX. Sure the adorable blond tot’s routine started off simple enough when she came on stage wearing a white robe as Madonna’s “Like A Virgin” blared from the speakers. But then things took a turn for the unexpected, absurd… and kinda disturbing.

Seraphina Affleck is 2 but she dresses age appropriately

Just a few seconds into the routine, Mia, 2, stripped off her robe to reveal a metallic gold cone bra, exactly like Madonna wore during her Blonde Ambition in the ’80s! In what universe is that acceptable? I think it’s horrifying. While some of the audience looked stunned, the rest of the crowd – including Mia’s mother – cheered her on as she gyrated around the stage. “Yeah Mia, work it,” yelled Mrs. Grande.

The risqué routine paid off because she took home the top prize, but I don’t think any amount of money would ever be worth dressing my little girl up as a sex symbol.

Watch the video, HollyMoms, and let me know what you think.

–Amy L. Harper

Get more HollyBaby news and gossip! Friend us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Subscribe to our Newsletter!

Melissa

Posted at 11:12 PM on January 18, 2012

Mia is an adorable, talented, intelligent little girl who desperately need her mother’s unconditional love and approval. Best wishes and luck to this up and coming little star and a lot of mental help for her mother. Marina, you are a pathetic excuse for a mother.

Zoey

Posted at 12:24 AM on July 12, 2011

How old can you be to enter Toddlers and Tiaras? can you be 11? is there some sort of age rule? BTW I love the show show toddlers and tiaras best show ever!!!

minda

Posted at 2:18 AM on June 19, 2011

that is so gross! why is this even leagl?

Barbara E Bj

Posted at 3:11 PM on March 31, 2011

While I understand and share the fear of the nasty people out there wanting to go after kids, I think that some of the talk about these things is over-the-top on the negative and extreme side. The wearing of a costume for a contest, even with make-up, is not at all the same as the age-inappropriate dress-up on the street or going to school that we see in so many kids who are NOT a part of these contests. In a some of these contests, they do celebrate the time-honored love by children for “playing dress-up” with grown-up clothes. And, some parents of these youngsters may actually get more into it all than the kids in the end run of things, but overall, children who are involved in contests do learn more about when it is appropriate to dress in those ways and when it is not ON AVERAGE. There are of course, those parents who get a bit too carried away with the parties, etc., but they really are the exception rather than the rule. And, in the end, the children who have the greatest problem with inappropriate dress in school or other public areas are NOT the same ones who have competed in these contests. The latter group gains a lot more finesse and style than the other group and saves those “dress-ups” for the stage.

EEEEEkkkkkkk!

Posted at 3:51 PM on February 26, 2011

Wow – these parents should all be charged with child abuse. How horrible. How do they think these kids are gonna turn out? Mia’s Mom is a total cow – how can she force her poor daughter to do these things? I think it is because she is so ugly that she is living vicariously through her daughter, who is kinda funny looking herself, but an improvement on Mom. I bet she turns out to be a prostitue. Tina is neurotic. The poor kid. And poor Ava! She got a head ache! Her Dad is INSANE! These pagents are totally about HIM, not Ava! I think he should get a psyc eval. Some people should not procreate – and he tops the list. And POOR Asighlynn. Pixie stick junkie. Her Mom is setting her up for failure. I should have turned the television off – by watching I promote this abuse, but instead I watched with horrid facsination. These parents should be charged. Do they not see the effects of their actions? INSANE.

abcdefg

Posted at 7:33 PM on June 26, 2011

its just a costume it doesnt matter she just had it on for like 30 minutes not even that

ToraBora

Posted at 3:54 PM on January 22, 2011

It is disgusting…CPS should take that child away from it parents..

DisgustedMom

Posted at 8:01 AM on January 11, 2011

I could puke just watching this….. OMG I wish these women would stop trying to relive their lives through their daughters. It is sick…..

Come on!

Posted at 7:11 PM on January 7, 2011

Whatever she won, who cares? That was DISGUSTING! She’s 2! Her mother makes me sick.

Shannon

Posted at 11:02 PM on January 7, 2011

Totally agree with “Come on.” These parents are robbing their children of their childhood and living through them for attention and validation, esp at the tender age of two. There are far healthier ways to instill self-confidence, charisma, and character in our kids.

As a former pageant kid

Posted at 9:40 PM on January 9, 2011

As a former pageant kid, I have never felt that my childhood was lost or stolen from me. My mom NEVER lived through me. I begged my mom to let me do pageants. I had all of the make-up, clothes and etc as you see on Toddlers and Tiaras. In dance, cheerleader and gymnastics you will see the hair, the make-up and the skimpy outfits as well. I feel that people are to quick to judge these parents. Try to remember the power of editing. I actually know some of these parents on Toddlers and Tiaras, it makes me sad to see them edited to look like horrible people when they are really wonderful people.

EEEEEkkkkkkk!

Posted at 3:52 PM on February 26, 2011

I bet you are actually one of the parents, and are trying to justify your sick actions. HORRIBLE.

Nyb

Posted at 5:32 PM on January 25, 2012

You suck, Buddy.

Sasha

Posted at 12:28 AM on July 12, 2011

Ya I agree I would never do that to my 2 year old it’s just wrong!!! flat out!!!

ummm

Posted at 4:20 PM on January 7, 2011

Get you facts right, she won grand talent not Ultimate Grand Supreme. Did you even watch the show or did you just watch the clip from the web?