Excited for the launch of the pop star’s big fragrance launch coming soon? Here’s even MORE scoop!
We’re all waiting with breathless anticipation for the launch of Rihanna’s new fragrance, Reb’l Fleur, and now there’s even MORE information available about the long-awaited scent. Let’s go through the new details that just came out today. Read on!
According to WWD, there’s even more information available about Ri-Ri’s first signature scent:
- It’s called Reb’l Fleur from a nickname her grandmother in Barbados gave her years ago. It also refers to her 14th tattoo.
- Industry sources estimate that her fragrance could bring in $25 million in retail sales after 15 months and might eventually achieve $50 million.
- It will launched on January 25 in 500 Macy’s stores across the country and will continue to expand to between 1,600 – 2,000 retailers across the country. Eventually, it will expand to overseas.
- Rihanna was very involved in the creation of the fragrance and wanted the scent to reflect her Bajan roots as well as her life between Los Angeles and New York. The singer reportedly wanted her fragrance to smell like “high heels with a short, flirty dress.”
- The scent has top notes of red berries, purple plum and peach; a heart of Hawaiian hibiscus flower, violet, tuberose and coconut water; and a base of vanilla, patchouli, amber and musk.
- Look for promotion for the fragrance to be everywhere. Billboards with an image shot by Anthony Madler will arrive in New York, Los Angeles and possibly San Francisco. A 30-second video will promote the fragrance via the Internet and movie theaters for seven weeks. The video reportedly cost $1.5 million to make.
- How much will it cost? The 1.7-oz. eau de parfum will retail for $49, the 3.4-oz. size for $59 and a 6.7-oz. body lotion should be $30.
Are YOU excited for the January 25th launch of Ri-Ri’s Reb’l Fleur? Vote now!