Lindsey Says: Good For You Zac Efron! You Totally Deserved To Win Fave Movie Star Over Robert Pattinson!

Thu, January 6, 2011 2:56pm EDT by 22 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

What an awesome win! Zac beats R-Patz, K-Stew, his ex-GF Vanessa Hudgens and even Emma Watson for the Favorite Movie Star Under 25 Award! YES!

America has voted. Zac Efron is the Favorite Movie Star Under 25 according to the award that he won at the People’s Choice Awards in Los Angeles on Jan. 5, and, I definitely think that the 23-year-old Charlie St. Cloud actor deserved to take home the award! Sorry Twi-hards, but Robert Pattinson, 24, was not robbed. It’s simple, R-Patz comes second when put up against sexy Zac!

“Thank you so much everybody,” Zac said during his acceptance speech. “I just want to say what an honor it is to be nominated with my contemporaries under 25, many who are friends [Emma Watson, 20, Kristen Stewart, 20, and Zac's ex-gf Vanessa Hudgens, 22, were all up for the award as well] that I love and respect very much. That’s a huge honor.”

“Making movies right now is so crazy,” Zac continued. “There are all these ups and downs and you don’t know where you’re headed, but I say the best thing about it is the feeling of connection that I get from the fans … from you guys. That’s what this moment means to me. It is sublime!”

When put face-to-face, any logical girl would agree with me that Zac is better looking than R-Patz, and more talented too! Rob has what? He’s in one successful movie franchise, Twilight, and one blockbuster bust, Remember Me. Zac, on the other hand, has countless movie credits including  Me and Orson Welles, Hair Spray and High School Musical 1, 2 and 3. Zac has also appearred in multiple TV shows like Summerland and CSI: Miami, while Rob has failed to even appear in one!

Zac and Rob’s track records speak for themselves. Twilight fans, what do you all think of that? Vote below!

- Lindsey DiMattina

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

beniecsia

Posted at 5:00 PM on June 15, 2013

beniecsia say hay i like zac efron i

sofronia sheehan

Posted at 8:12 AM on January 19, 2011

I like zac, but I think vanessa is more desireble for the honor to be the peaples choice award than anybody else. I think the voting is manipulated.

nikki

Posted at 4:43 PM on January 7, 2011

This was about the Favourite (!)Moviestar under 25, not about the best actor. I don’t know Zac, not interested in him but I assume he’s a fine actor. Outside US he’s only known as a teenidol and his last movie Charlie… didn’t do anything at BO in my country, unlike Remember me which was succesful and appealed to a larger audience. Robert Pattinson is a phenomenom worldwide and beloved by women of all ages. And Zac won over him? Just impossible. In every poll past year he didn’t even become close to Rob and now he won? No, this voting has been manipulated by the organisation IMO to avoid that the Twilight Saga got too many awards what would made non-likers pissed. And yes, Robert only attended because many fans requested for it, even in a petition.

alex

Posted at 2:23 PM on January 7, 2011

Remember me a blockbuster? LMAO Are you a journalist? It’s an indie drama girl! 16m$ budget, which made much more money than Charlie St.Cloud based on a bestseller and with 45m$ budget. LOL. Check box office mojo darling. Robert Pattinson is a movie star, set to work with David Cronenberg. PCA…do you think the Bieber boy lost? or Oprah? lol they give you the award only if you confirm your presence. Rob wasn’t supposed to be there, he just caught a private jet to be with Kristen and support her. That’s why he lost. And of course because they can’t give the award to the same actor year after year, it’s bad fo the show.

wrsjns6

Posted at 8:56 AM on January 7, 2011

One of the reason s he won is because Rob and Kristen were competing for the vote. I f just one of them had been up, they would’ve beaten him. He probably needs the win though. It hasn’t been such a good year for him. Charlie St Cloud tanked. (Remember me, DID make money and has a big fan base regardless of the critics) and he’s been sitting through these award shows getting nothing, so I won’t begrudge him the win.

Linda

Posted at 12:39 AM on January 7, 2011

Zac definitely deserved that award. I saw Charlie St. Cloud and he was absolutely amazing in it, but I’m confused as to why he and Pattison are often pitted against one another in the press. Am I missing something here? Why is this? Is there not enough room out there for both of them or something? Can’t we just enjoy them both? Why all of the bickering between fans? I don’t get it. :

Robbed

Posted at 9:51 PM on January 6, 2011

So you are saying that Robert Pattinson who is being hounded for roles with Oscar nominees and award winning directors is not better than the High School Musical kid who bombed in the movie Charlie St. Cloud? How is that possible? If anyone should have beaten Rob or Kristen out, it should have been Emma Watson who has box office numbers and popularity that is pretty impressive but what has Efron even done in 2010 besides break up with Vanessa? That is just ridiculous and even if you on some level think that he is “sexier” than Pattinson, it doesnt change that Pattinson has way more appeal and is a bigger draw than Zac Efron who hasnt been relevant since 2008 or 2009.

Cynthia

Posted at 9:04 PM on January 6, 2011

So you think Zac deserved the award over Rob? Zac isn’t sexier than Pattinson. Rob’s been in a more mature body of movies as of late, unlike Efron, whose been in what, Charlie St.Cloud and Seventeen Again! Did you see Zac’s movies Lindsay?

tinamarie

Posted at 8:50 PM on January 6, 2011

Ok this is off subject but if you guys are not watching wipe out you should. There’s a girl on here that’s a Twihard and they keep making comments about Twilight. It’s freaking funny..

tinamarie

Posted at 8:50 PM on January 6, 2011

And she’s winning..

kjones

Posted at 8:32 PM on January 6, 2011

I loved Zac and Vanessa and believed what they shared was and is real but I also believe Zac is a MESS right now! I didn’t know the guy that showed up at the peoples choice awards last night. That Zac was just creepy and what was with the weird accent he used when he accepted his award? I think he is trying way to hard to be someone like Leo or someone he sees as successful to even realize he got to where he is because we fell in love with who he is or should I say was. Hollywood will use him and forget him he better stay true to himself and those who truly love him because in the end thats all he’ll truly have!

camila

Posted at 7:17 PM on January 6, 2011

are you kidding me???? the only reason that zac won this is because rob had not arrived to people choice awards rob kristen and taylor arrived after that!!! but I don’t care rob has a lot of awards!!!

Alice

Posted at 6:52 PM on January 6, 2011

There is no secret that the ‘People’ is an overvalued Efron. The ‘People’ had already placed him among the five, and had already chosen him as the winner. In every poll Efron is in penultimate or the place or the last placed. This award was a robbery.

Robbed

Posted at 9:54 PM on January 6, 2011

Thank you! How did he even get into the category with a film like Charlie St. Cloud? Out of ALL the actors under 25, they chose Efron who is irrelevant? It was obvious that Efron was chosen by the producers, not the people, and I think most of these award shows are rigged anyways….which is why at the end there is a second long disclaimer that informs the viewer that the winners are ultimately chosen by the producers and show. They did the same with teh Teen Choice and Kid Choice Awards!

Alice

Posted at 5:35 PM on January 6, 2011

Honestly, I do not trust in this category of People, maybe not the own people’s Choice Awards. In other award(MTV movie award) were Robert competed with Efron, Robert won. I think the fans were torn between voting for Kristen and Robert.

c

Posted at 4:37 PM on January 6, 2011

jane, this woman doesn’t understand why rob can’t hop in the shower or shave once in a while? maybe thats what the ladies are really looking at

robsten_jemi

Posted at 3:15 PM on January 6, 2011

OBVIOUSLY ROB! I think that this choice is a mistake!!! Zac make movies but without success (just HSM) but rob make more movies (not Twilight) and is very good like actor and very talented!!!

Jane

Posted at 3:39 PM on January 6, 2011

I agree. Hey Lindsay. When Water for Elephants comes out and Rob is nominated for an Oscar then you can give your opology. Zac has a little boy face, Rob has a lusty, sexy man face. Big difference in what women want.

tinamarie

Posted at 3:47 PM on January 6, 2011

What movie has Rob been in besides Twilight that has made any money..Yeah I thought so. Zac is a good actor. So is Rob but neither have done thier best yet so lets give them time to grow. I would have gone with Emma had it not been Zac.

guest

Posted at 7:52 PM on January 6, 2011

I really like both actors and happy for Zac’s win but let’s be fair here. Last Rob’s movie “Remember Me” made more than 3 times its budget despite its somber subject.
Last Zac’s movie “Charlie St. Cloud” (also drama) barely made its budget at the box office.
I agree with you though that neither of them reached their potential yet.

Robbed

Posted at 9:59 PM on January 6, 2011

You obviously know nothing about the indy circuit of films because Rob has been in several movies that have shown his acting chops. As for Remember Me, it was considered an indy type film and still did very well in the box office considering that it was never supposed to be as hyped as it was. Charlie St. Cloud was supposed to do well and flopped. It barely made back its budget for the film! If you are going to start comparing acting chops then Zac Efron is not in the same league. Look at the three movies Rob has lined up this year to premiere. Water for Elephants….award winning cast. Bel Ami….award winning cast. Breaking Dawn….instant box office record breaker. What has Zac done that is anywhere close? Disney channel movies do not count as box office hits either. I do agree that Emma was the only one to even come close to Rob and Kristen as the favorite. Efron is out dated.

tinamarie

Posted at 10:37 PM on January 6, 2011

I have seen all of Rob’s films so yes I do know what I’m talking about. And just for arguments sake, just because Rob has three films coming out with big names doesn’t make him a great actor. Popular yes, great no. All I’m saying is I like them both and I don’t get why people have to tear one down to compliment the other. Can’t they both just be good?