Jennifer Aniston: I’d Give Up My Career For Love!

Thu, January 6, 2011 10:00am EDT by 7 Comments
Getty Images
Getty Images

Getty Images

The gorgeous star ,42, reveals that if she could do it all over again she would choose love over success

It seems like Nicole Kidman, 43, wasn’t the only one doing the talking in her Harper’s Bazaar interview conducted by Jennifer Aniston. In a rare, candid moment, Jen confesses she wishes she’d found the love of her life.

Nicole asked Jen if she’d rather have “a great love that lasts a lifetime or an amazing career where you go down in history.”  Unlike Nicole, Jen’s path to everlasting love has not been so blessed and the famously unlucky-in-love actress revealed, “I know what I would choose, that’s a no-brainer.  I would choose the love of my life.”

Would she go back to her 20’s and change anything? “I would tell myself to have more fun; enjoy this. There was a lot of unnecessary angst. You may as well enjoy things [...] Don’t worry about something going away; enjoy it while it’s happening. And don’t worry about something that’s not even real.”

Since Jen’s heartbreak over the loss of her marriage to Brad Pitt in 2005, Jen’s been bouncing from man to man no doubt on the lookout for Mr. Right but seeming to only be able to find Mr. Right Now.

As she goes into her 40’s childless and alone, Jen seems to be willing to walk away from the career that has made her a star, in exchange for finding her true love.

Amy Webber

Brian Sanders

Posted at 3:27 AM on January 8, 2011

An ancient Love passage for Jen and You
1 Corinthians 13 of the Bible KJV
The Greatest Gift
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

FD

Posted at 10:14 PM on January 6, 2011

You always want what you can’t have. She already chose career over love, which is why she wants it now.
She’s just a lucky person who gets to play Rachel Green in all her movies and get paid as a result. She has no talent. She’s just part of a showbiz family.

garrett

Posted at 2:45 PM on January 6, 2011

Poor Aniston// what a FAKE.

Krys

Posted at 11:41 AM on January 6, 2011

I think she is gorgeous & I love her movies. They are funny & sweet. So what if she is always in chick flicks! she is good at them.

donna

Posted at 10:38 AM on January 6, 2011

Basically her career is over…they keep putting her in these movies with big name stars so that they can carry her thru the movie….she is washed up….pathetic!!!!

Karen Miller

Posted at 11:11 AM on January 6, 2011

What is this, an actress is washed up at 40 stuff. Jen will change her roles and still be taken in more bucks than any of us. I think she looks great and love comes even in your older years. There is nothing wrong with loving oneself and building security before seeking passion.

Bratt

Posted at 9:32 AM on January 8, 2011

Really is that why she Has 3 movies coming out, Directing and producing……LMAO The one that is pathetic is you! ROTFLMAO