Was one of your resolutions for 2011 to get fit and lost some weight? Here are some tips to get you off to a great start!
Are you ready to kick off your New Year’s resolution of getting fit? HollyBaby.com asked celebrity fitness trainer Kathy Kaehler – who has worked with Cindy Crawford, Julia Roberts, Emma Roberts, Claudia Schiffer, Kim Kardashian and many more — to share five tricks to help you jump start your New Year’s slim down.
Here’s what Kathy suggests:
1. “First and foremost, don’t make a New Year’s resolution that’s unrealistic,” Kathy says.
2. “Instead of focusing on the New Year’s resolution, focus on a goal,” Kathy advises. “A goal of an achievement like ‘I want to be able to walk a mile in 15 mins’ or walking a 10K by summer — that type of an accomplishment rather than just the boring resolutions that are pound-related.”
3. “Every single day is a perfect time to fit something in that’s physical,” Kathy tells us. “Instead of looking at the big picture, try to look at it as the 12 hours that you have.”
4. “Another goal could be doing things in increments,” Kathy explains. You can try this routine: “Work towards a goal of taking 10,000 steps every day (walking or any sort of forward movement). Start with 3,000 steps moving up 1,000 steps per week. A great thing is to get a pedometer to start your step-counting.”
5. “It’s a really good to start off with a bang by focusing on what you eat — make it colorful,” says Kathy. “Every day, try to get the most colors that you can. That will help reduce the amount of processed foods you eat because colored foods make you fuller (unless it’s stuff like candy or fruity pebbles). Think natural colors.”
Good luck, Holly Moms!