Eyewitness: Kate Gosselin Was 'Miserable' During Trip To Philadelphia With Her Kids

Tue, January 4, 2011 2:39pm EDT by 10 Comments

A local reporter who followed Kate and her eight kids during a two-day trip to the historic city says the reality star was distant with her kids, and spent most of her time talking on her cell phone (even as they ran up the famous Rocky steps)!

Kate Gosselin needs to lighten up! HughE Dillon, a local entertainment reporter in Philadelphia, Pa., followed Kate and her eight children while they were filming scenes for an upcoming Kate Plus 8 episode and he reaffirmed what we already assumed — Kate is “miserable!”

The reporter followed Kate and her kids to historical sites, museums, Starbucks, and even the Reading Terminal Market for lunch, while the children ran wild. But unfortunately, HughE noticed that the reality star didn’t pay attention to her kids, talked on her cellphone the whole time (including when they ran up the Rocky steps at the Art Museum), and looked like she was having a horrible time.

The next day the family continued to tour the City of Brotherly Love but Kate’s mood was no better. “They went to the Waterworks for lunch, the kids had chicken fingers, they were really pleasant,” says HughE. “But the nanny was the one really tending to them and Kate was off to the side… Kate was miserable, she seemed distant.”

We actually spotted Kate smiling today in a photo from Australia, where she is on an all-expenses paid first-class trip with the kids. Considering she gets to spend her life getting $2,000 haircuts and traveling the world, we think she should lose the scowl permanently — don’t you agree? Check out the video below for HughE’s account of Kate’s bad mood in Philly.

— Chloe Melas

Get more HollyBaby news and gossip! Friend us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Subscribe to our Newsletter!

Robyn

Posted at 7:32 PM on March 10, 2011

You know what if you taped any mom on a day to day basis especially with 8 kids you would find no matter where they are or what they are doing that mom is usually stressed. I know that when we go on a trip it can be stressful and I only have 2 kids and my mood sure isn’t always pleasant.

mehoo

Posted at 5:30 PM on January 16, 2011

I used to love Kate, when she was REAL….but she has changed so much, I am really disgusted at her now. She is so egotistical, vain, phony, rude, and selfish, it amazes me. She will be sorry one day when her kids are all grown and gone and she can’t make up for what she has done. Jon turned out to be scum, but he has some good points, too. Kate used to have good points, but I am having trouble finding any lately.

junie

Posted at 9:41 PM on January 15, 2011

YOU PEOPLE ARE LETTING GOSSIPY MEDIA WARP YOUR JUDGEMENT OF THIS LADY. If I had to spend 24hrs a day 7days a week with 8 Children I would want to Catch up with friends and Family. Especially if I’m in Australia! I would definitely Check in with Dad (no matter what’s going on with us) and let him know who’s doing what and how WONDERFUL the EXPERIENCE IS. (being in Australia) IF THEY WERE NOT TRASHING HER THEY WOULD NOT HAVE A JOB.

Hollybaby is an instigating mess!

Robyn

Posted at 7:33 PM on March 10, 2011

Just want to say I agree 100%.

john

Posted at 5:24 PM on January 15, 2011

Kate is disgusting. I would rather mast.er.bate

bacha munir

Posted at 9:41 AM on January 14, 2011

very good pictures

darlene

Posted at 12:53 AM on January 12, 2011

KATE IS A CHILD COAT RIDING SLUT. SHE SES THE KIDS TO MAKE MONEY. SHE IS TRASH. IF SHE WERE A GOOD MOM SHE WOULD STOP FIGHTING WITH JON

OMG…WTF IS SHE THINKING.

Starz22

Posted at 1:56 AM on January 5, 2011

OMG NO! Kate was miserable with her kids? Kate is never happy when she’s being forced to “play a MOM”.Kate is just pissed that she had to take this trip with her kids.Kate smiles from ear to ear when she’s not with her little money makers.The kids are just props for her.Without the kids kate would have nothing.Why cant kate get a job on tv WITHOUT making the kids WORK too?Thats right…without the kids no one would give a crap about this woman.Kate is the master of lies.I feel so bad for the kids…Having this sorry excuse for a mother!

bacha munir

Posted at 9:42 AM on January 14, 2011

no no it is not good work

junie

Posted at 9:49 PM on January 15, 2011

Hollybaby is an instigating mess!