Are you trying to impress your friends with the greatest holiday party of the season, but don’t have much time? Singer Matisse has got you covered!
You might recognize Matisse from the John Frieda commercials she used to do with her twin sister Alex Smith, but she is also known for her hit single “Better Than Her,” which made it to #1 on the Billboard dance charts. She caught up HollywoodLife.com to tell us how to throw a fabulous holiday party, and also some last minute Christmas shopping advice!
Check out her tips on how to throw a holiday party that no one will forget!
- The best parties are all about the best ‘mixes’ – mixes of music, people and food. Make sure you have a good playlist set up on your iPod with some great holiday favorites and more current songs, like “Better Than Her!”
- Have something for everybody when it comes to food. Don’t forget about your vegetarian friends when preparing your party treats.
- To keep costs down and make life easier for yourself, offer one or two special party drinks. There are so many great Christmas ‘theme’ drinks out there to choose from and you can get creative with what you serve!
- Ask your guests to bring an unwrapped toy to your party that can be given to Toys 4 Tots, or canned goods for the local food bank, or to put a few dollars in for a charity of your choice. It’s a great way to be reminded of what the season is really all about!
- As for the hostess, make sure you leave time for yourself to get glammed up. Give yourself plenty of time to get dressed and do your hair and makeup. For the hautest looks, wear myface cosmetics matching blingtones and lil’bling chrome nail polish in Diamonds & Pearls, Silver Screen, or Gilt-y!