Giuliana Rancic Is Rushed To The Hospital After An IVF Procedure Goes Horribly Wrong!

Mon, December 20, 2010 5:02pm EDT by 6 Comments

FilmMagic

The TV personality has been trying to get pregnant for a long time, but in tonight’s episode of Giuliana and Bill she is rushed to the hospital in excruciating pain.

Poor Giuliana Rancic. The star of the Style Network’s reality show Giuliana and Bill, along with her husband Bill Rancic, 39, has been very public about her desire to start a family, and has undergone several IVF cycles in an attempt to get pregnant. But tonight, on the season finale of the show, Bill rushes his wife to the hospital after an egg retrieval procedure goes horribly wrong. Watch the video after the jump.

Read our story about how Giuliana is willing to consider adoption if IVF fails

“I had never seen her in that much pain in my life,” Bill explains in the video. “Blood curdling screams, just plain agony. And it kept getting worse and worse and worse. I knew I had to get her out of there and get her to a hospital.” He took her to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, where the doctors determined that she was bleeding internally.

“Abdominal pain like you can’t even imagine in your life,” Giuliana, 36, told her mother and her sister in a telephone call the following day. “Screaming at the top of my lungs.” Bill added that sometimes there is a bit too much poking and prodding, and this is the end result.

Giuliana, who was moving very slowly the next day, did recover, but it is heartbreaking to watch the lengths that this couple is going through in order to have a baby.

–Roger Singer

Get more HollyBaby news and gossip! Friend us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Subscribe to our Newsletter!

Sylvia

Posted at 8:34 PM on December 26, 2010

I hope Guilana and Bill will still try to have their own babies. It took Celine Dion several tries. Now she has twin awesome boys. I know her experience was scary but I hope she doesn’t give up yet. She can go to other methods such as surrogate so at least the baby will have Bill’s genes and possibly adoption but make that the last result. But I would not give up yet if I was her the women who tried this IVF method hung in there and now they have a baby or babies of their own and all say it was worth it. So Guilana if your doctor tells you it is safe to try again, do it!

Marie

Posted at 7:13 AM on May 23, 2011

If she used a surrogate, the baby would also have her genes. There is a difference between gestational and traditional surrogates. Most couples have gestational surrogates deliver their babies these days since IVF allows the mother to use her own eggs and the surrogate actually has no genetic relationship to the child.

Babe

Posted at 10:26 AM on December 23, 2010

I feel so sad for them. I know how it feels to struggle to have a baby. I had three miscarriages before I could have my own baby (with alternative-fertility treatment). My prayers go out for them.

Hayley

Posted at 12:01 PM on December 21, 2010

I wish she would just accept that she is not meant to have a child that is biologically linked to her and her husband. There are so many children in the US waiting to have a mom and a dad, they should realize that their heartbreak can be turned into joy for themselves and they could save a child from the system.

Kim

Posted at 3:12 PM on December 21, 2010

I think you Hayley have really no idea what trying is if 2 ivf’s is trying your hardest. She has over 20 eggs frozen from her two procedures and only used 1 embryo which lowers your chances a lot. She got pregnant the first time by using 2 and she only used 1 and to let the others just sit there. She was saying never again to the egg retrieval and having your own is a lot different than adopting. Some people are able and some are not. We are all built different and I think so many people work their butts off to afford to be able to get the egg retrievals because insurance doesn’t cover it so for her to let them all just sit there and waste away is her being a coward and not wanting it more than anything. I would be doing it every other month until it works if that is your desire to have a baby. She already did the hardest part and now she has embryos that took so I just don’t understand it. I lost 4 children before I have a live healthy baby and now I have 5 healthy children and you don’t give up.

Carol

Posted at 7:03 AM on June 23, 2011

Kim, please don’t call Giuliana a coward. My daughter went through IVF a few times & it was the most devastating experience. The implanting is as bad as the harvesting. I do hope “G” tries again so she gets to experience the joy of pregnancy as well as the resulting beautiful baby but only she can decide when enough is enough. Best wishes to both “G” & Bill.
Nana