Bonnie Says: Bill O'Reilly Calls Miley 'Pathetic,' And For Once I Agree With Him!

Tue, December 14, 2010 11:42am EST by 33 Comments
Loading video...

When Bill O’Reilly showed Miley’s bong tape on his  Dec 13th, Fox News show and said “that is pathetic”, he became the Chelsea Handler of the cable news set; he finally said what everyone else has been thinking!

Why no one else has come right out and called the singer on the carpet for her behavior, is beyond me. We at hollywoodlife.com have, but the overall response has been a lot of tut-tutting and not much more.

Bill O’Reilly finally laid it on the line. “Things have been heading south for the 18 year-old, [Miley Cyrus] recently” he said, in an understatement, before rolling Miley’s shocking bong footage.

“Well, that’s pathetic, that’s what it is,” he went on to say. “The sad fact is that the days of her being a positive role model are long gone”. So true.

But Bill, just because I applaud you for calling out Miley, who appears to care less about her image and her fans, as she strolls around the set of her new film So Undercover, in Baton Rouge, LA, doesn’t mean I forgive you for your comments about Jenifer Aniston.

Last August, you called Jen “destructive to society” because she stood up for single motherhood.

I’m so glad you came back from the limb you were out on that one , and took aim at Miley, whose behavior really could be a destructive influence on lots of young people.

–Bonnie Fuller

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Cedric Winston

Posted at 10:47 AM on December 18, 2010

The media and public are to blame for her. I mean why put a child on a pedestal when they are children. Who knows what the future will bring. BTW O’Reilly is a senior citizen this girl is 18 she should be able to live her life> I wonder what went on with Bill during the sixty’s. Reckon he got high too. Most teens do this only difference is she;s rich and in the public eye. Parents raise your own kids teach them right from wrong don’t rely on a fictional character to teach your daughters morals. Are some mad she made off like a bandit with that hannah montana crap. Not that i would know what it was don’t have daughters only sons and they hated it.

Delmar

Posted at 8:10 PM on December 16, 2010

Miley Cyrus is far, far from being a trainwreck or a next LIndsay Lohan. Miley is one of the most impressive and reliable, responsible young super successful teenage celebrities we have now. She has unprecedented scrutiny on her. Unlike Lindsay Lohan Miley hasn’t missed any tapings of Hannah Montana, very rarely cancels a concert, interview, or any othe professional obligation. So what if she’s sexually charged, this happens in teenage years and she’s does nothing that outrageous when she performs. She’s also very solid and hopefully her strong makeup will help her through her parents divorce. If you are looking for Lohan 2, maybe Demi Lovato as she seems to have simlar mental/emotional issues. But not Miley Cyrus. She’s solid.

honey

Posted at 9:38 AM on December 17, 2010

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ,IAM SOOO TIRED OF THIS STUPID STUFF ABOUT MILEY,SHE IS AN AMAZING AND REALLY TALENTED ARTIST

Alyssa

Posted at 10:52 AM on December 16, 2010

Miley is the next Lindsay

colloctor

Posted at 10:13 AM on December 16, 2010

The only time I would ever agree with Bill. Miley is a train wreak!! Shame on her self serving parents.

oops

Posted at 4:36 AM on December 16, 2010

“especially since she’s still seen as a role model through her shows on kid-focused networks!”

this is the problem. just because she used to work for a kids channel doesnt mean she owes them her life.

another problem is, if your children have a celebrity as a role model, well, maybe you should think about your own behaviour. parents should be role models number 1 or at least somebody of consequence like gandhi. not a little girl who merely plays in movies! seriously! get a grip.

oops

Posted at 4:28 AM on December 16, 2010

another day, another bonnie rant.

jenna

Posted at 10:18 PM on December 15, 2010

im really sad for her, i really thought she would be great, she is, but she is an other bad hollywood star

Alexy

Posted at 12:45 AM on December 15, 2010

I think everyone standing up for Miley needs to calm down. She has gotten pathetic. I just turned 18 the day right after her. I actually do love Miley, some of her music, I never really liked Hannah Montana, but I assume she wants a new look. For people to see her as an adult and to stop being “Hannah Montana” and looked at as a child. I don’t really think the video was put out so secretly and that she wasn’t aware of it. As a celebrity she either needs to stop documenting her very personal life, or allowing her friends to when she is doing things that she’d prefer others not to see, or just accept that it happened and accept the criticism. Other than that I do think the things she is doing recently have been awfully pathetic and trash. I feel like she needs to technically “grow-up.” I don’t really think taking a hit from a bong is a mistake. Lots of the kids here in California do it as soon as they turn 18, if not before. I haven’t but there again I refuse to smoke… There’s no lesson for her to learn here except maybe, confiscate all the camera’s and film from her so-called friends next time.

yari

Posted at 7:03 PM on December 14, 2010

Miley is a little girl lost and not pathetic. Everybody makes mistakes at her age she just has the world watching. Bonnie you need to get off your high horse and let her learn from her mistakes. Im sure you werent perfect at 18!

Bonnie Fuller

Posted at 11:10 AM on December 15, 2010

Miley, needs guidance and boundaries. She is a little girl lost. But she n and her parents need to make a decision- put the career on hold, get her out of the spotlight so she can make mistakes in private or get her act together and understand that she is in public eye, making her money off teen audiences and she has responsibility to be role model.

colloctor

Posted at 10:17 AM on December 16, 2010

You are a flipping idiot!! Miley is awful! Her parents are worse!!

Not Innocent

Posted at 6:20 PM on December 16, 2010

No she dose not have a responsibility to be a role model.Her job is an actress not your child’s babysitter.If you belive these young girl’s growing up in the spotlight are your child’s role model’s then you have failed as a parent.

Lola

Posted at 6:52 PM on December 14, 2010

I don’t usually comment on things like this…but some of you need to wake up and see that this is not positive behavior and you need stop sticking up for someone that does something bad. I see some of your points, she is a young adult, she’s gonna make a lot of mistakes on the way…yeah, yeah, yeah. For one thing, if she wanted to experiment like that, she should have done that with an extremely small group of friends and there shouldn’t have been a camera. As a celebrity, she should know these things some how leak out. Second of all, saying that most teenagers party and experiment with drugs, is a form a peer pressure. Some of you sound exactly like those kids from high school, that would say “Well everybody is doing it.”. Just a bunch of blind followers. I’m a 19 year old girl, and I’ve never done a drug and I’ve never drank. I attend college and I don’t go to parties. Believe it or not people do sit around and drink sodas. Some people want to keep good grades in college. It’s pretty dumb to pay for higher education, just to waste all that money by partying. I truly hope that Miley has learned from this and that she picks better friends. I hope that her career goes well and that she doesn’t end up a train wreck. I wish her all the happiness in the world, but I will not excuse bad behavior. Taping this was bad…sorry guys it’s just the plain facts.

Chris

Posted at 4:47 PM on December 14, 2010

And by the way, Bonnie, do you really believe that we believe that bogus poll of yours? I’ll look to legitimate polls and statistic instead, and they all show that the average American thinks Bill O’Reilly is a liar and that he is pathetic. And I imagine that opinion extends to you as well since you are so much like O’Reilly.

Chris

Posted at 4:41 PM on December 14, 2010

Bonnie, quit claiming that you are not like O’Reilly, especially when in the same breath you say you agree with him. Most Americans know what an evil human being O’Reilly is and we are starting to catch on to how evil you are as well. Well, Bonnie, there is nothing illegal in the state Miley lives in about smoking salvia, and all of your ranting will not change that. In this story, Miley is in the right, exercising her legal rights as an adult citizen, and you and O’Reilly are in the wrong, trying to drag our country into the middle ages.

anne

Posted at 10:32 AM on December 15, 2010

Bonnie is right and so is O’Reilley, for once. Miley is pathetic and her idiocy should be ignored by the press so at some point she is no longer in the news. Too bad her parents didn’t discipline her when they should have. Miley should be ashamed.

Danielle

Posted at 4:37 PM on December 15, 2010

Chris, I’d love to see where you get your “stats” from … making comments like “the average american thinks OReilly is a liar and pathetic” and “most americans know he’s an evil human being” – where did you come up with that?
And now claiming Bonnie is also evil because she’s agreeing that Miley’s bong footage is pathetic – you are pathetic Sir. I also find that footage pathetic as do many others that are commenting; young or not, it’s pathetic, especially since she’s still seen as a role model through her shows on kid-focused networks! If she wants to do that, they should remove her from that network. I know I dn’t want my daughter of a young impressionable age watching these type of activities by her and thinking it’s ok since it’s ok if she does it. Whatever she wants to do is fine, but she shouldn’t be doing both – kid network and acting innocently and then this on the other side of the spectrum.

Lila Romero

Posted at 4:08 PM on December 14, 2010

Considering it’s a legal substance she has nothing to be ashamed of. Why would someone call her out. Stop speaking out of your ass Bonnie.

carolina

Posted at 2:38 PM on December 14, 2010

BONNIE i hope one day you ll get ur nasty karma back!!

HANNAH

Posted at 2:08 PM on December 14, 2010

The days of her being a role model are long gone and I think she’s happy about that! Her lyrics,dress and actions (ei videos of her smoking bongs) are her telling you “I am and adult, I am not Hannah Montana and your daughters shouldn’t take after me”

Jimmy J

Posted at 1:25 PM on December 14, 2010

She doesn’t need to be anyone’s role that’s for parent to moniter and control with what they let their kids see. But for her own sake she needs to smarten up before she’s the next Lindsay Hohan

AliceV

Posted at 1:20 PM on December 14, 2010

she turned into nothing but a hobag, and will be a washed up hasbeen in no time at all.

oh yeah

Posted at 1:45 PM on December 14, 2010

I highly doubt that, quit being jealous just because she is more talented and famous than you.

Miley Inspires ME

Posted at 12:56 PM on December 14, 2010

Miley is a Positive Role Model for me. I learn from her mistakes, and I appreciate her because she isn’t perfect. Being her age, the REALITY of the situation is that I experience similar pressures to make the exact same mistakes every other day, and have been experiencing these pressures for way longer. She isn’t perfect, but she’s always told her fans that, and said at the end of the day it is important to follow your heart and be yourself. At the end of the day I am the one who has to live with the consequences of my own actions, same for her.

As a fan, I’ve seen a lot more of the good that she’s done than the bad, and I can guarantee that you haven’t. Miley has her OWN Non-for profit organization Get Ur Good On, and still she continues to help with many others. She is ALWAYS giving back and NEVER feels the need to put it on blast, nor do any of these lame gossip sites feel the need to ever post the good. And then you BLAME HER for your children’s misguided ways LMAOOOO!! Like you CARE, because if you did maybe you would write a news story about all the good things too. That would show her in a way more positive light, and an incident like this would be as minuscule to the rest of the world as it is to her true fans.

You can say what you want, but I have strong faith Miley will continue to progress amongst peoples constant attempts to bring her down. And as her fan, F.Y.I., I KNOW that she cares. Just Saying…

well said

Posted at 1:00 PM on December 14, 2010

i agree 100%

honey

Posted at 9:53 AM on December 17, 2010

I AGREEE ,MILEY CYRUS IS A REALLY TALENTED GIRL WHO HAS TRUE FANS THAT LOVE AND SUPPORT HER ,GO MILEY SCREW THE HATERS

mte

Posted at 12:42 PM on December 14, 2010

and btw she isn’t “lounging around the set”, she’s showing up to work and being PROFESSIONAL. and actually doing work for a living instead of sitting her butt behind a computer and critiquing other people’s lives like you do, when you know nothing about a situation.

mte

Posted at 12:40 PM on December 14, 2010

what is wrong with you bonnie? the substance is LEGAL and she is OF AGE. get off your high horse, this man is a dumbass and makes dumb statements all the time and you’re just showing how dumb you are by agreeing with him.

Alli

Posted at 1:20 PM on December 14, 2010

agreed.

oh yeah

Posted at 12:39 PM on December 14, 2010

Bonnie the sad fact is that teens experiment with different things. Miley is not perfect she never said she was & she even said I don’t want to be a role model because she was still trying to figure out who she was & how can she tell kids how to act if she doesn’t know her self yet? Now you might say she should know she’s an influence no matter what & that’s what she signed up for when she took the HM role but how could anyone have expected the success that the show had? Also you can say I want this at the age of 11 but in reality she HAD NO IDEA what she was getting herself into at that age. Miley is 18 nobody is completely the same at 18 as they were at 11. The girl is just trying to grow up & unfortunately she succumbed to peer pressure but hopefully she will learn from this & more on (if everyone will let her!!)

PS have you seen what colleges are like?! There are parties every night & it’s delusional to think people are sitting around drink soda & playing board games.

Bonnie I just hope for all of your ragging on Miley it doesn’t come back to bite you on bum because I’m sure Miley’s parents never expected her to be doing that….

AliceV

Posted at 1:23 PM on December 14, 2010

No, not everyone “experiments” like miley. some people – in fact, I’d say MOST people – KNOW the difference between good and bad behavior. Guess what? not everyone at college are at the frat parties. Some people know how to socialize with friends without involving drugs and alcohol. Why don’t we try and celebrate those people instead of the miserable lowlifes that think just because you’re young it’s ok to be a dickwad.

whatever

Posted at 2:00 PM on December 14, 2010

EVERYONE experiment in some way, shape or form not everyone does it will drugs but it happens. If you saw someone you didnt know doing that would you go up to them & comment? I doubt it.

Oh and by the way Miley does a lot for charity if you knew anything about her you would know that she has donated millions of dollars from her concerts to city of hope, donates clothes for actions & has granted many wishes for the make a wish foundation, as well as others charities she supports, but all you are doing is dwelling on this bad thing she did. Did you ever think that parents could use this as an opportunity to speak to their kind where if she hadn’t done this they never would have. Think positive!!

Shes human she makes mistakes just like the rest of us!!