Natalie gives a spectacular performance in Darren Aronofsky’s ‘Black Swan,’ in theaters today!
Black Swan follows Nina Sayers (Natalie Portman) as she works her way up the ranks at a NYC ballet company, in the hopes of someday becoming the principal dancer — in turn, bumping out current principal dancer Beth Macintyre (Winona Ryder). The combination of the pressure that comes with being a star, plus having to deal with her own overbearing mother, unleashes serious inner demons Nina has to overcome or… succumb to. Things only get worse for the ballet beauty as free-spirited Lily (Mila Kunis) charms the company’s creative director, Thomas Leroy (Vincent Cassel.) Check out my top five reasons you should see Black Swan this weekend!
- It is a dark, twisted, intellectual thriller that both men and women — plus ballet lovers and haters — WILL enjoy!
- Winona Ryder is unbelievable (in a good way) as dramatic, emotionally, dark former principal dancer Beth Macintyre.
- The whole movie is good, but the final 30 minutes are intense and absolutely shocking! You’ll never see it coming!
- The hot hookup between Natalie & Mila (obviously!)
- Natalie and Mila give outstanding and very believable performances as ballerinas. They trained for a year and Natalie lost 20 lbs!
And check out the trailer for Black Swan below: