Khloe Kardashian Admits She Lost Her Virginity At 14! Is That Too Young?

Tue, November 23, 2010 4:47pm EDT by 20 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

At 14, Khloe stole her parents’ car and drove to a much older guy’s house for sex. Years later, she says having intimate relations at such a young age is a bad idea. Do you agree with her now?

Can you believe this? Khloe Kardashian admits she lost her virginity at the age 14 in the Kardashian sisters‘ new tell-all book, Kardashian Konfidential! “This guy was very, very manipulative, and I ended up losing my virginity to him when I was only 14,” Khloe writes. “When my dad found out I was having sex, he went ballistic.”

But Khloe must have kept her secret for a while because she recalls sneaking out quite a bit to have flings with her “older” man. “My mom taught me how to drive when I was 13, so if one of our baby sisters had an emergency I could drive to the hospital,” Khloe writes. “But I took advantage of it. I used to steal her car or Bruce’s, and I’d go over to this guy’s house. He was a lot older than me, though he lied and said he was younger. Of course, I lied, too, and said I was 16. I was doing really well in school until I met him.”

Fortunately Khloe stopped seeing the guy and realized having intimate relations at such a young age was a horrible idea.

“I was only 14, but I thought I was so mature, and I look back and see how wrong I was,” she writesq. “Having sex for the first time is an extremely important decision that affects your whole life. … You should never, EVER have sex when you’re that young. Feeling rushed and pressured and unsure should have been my clue that I wasn’t ready to take that step.”

Do YOU think having intimate relations at 14 is way too young? Share your thoughts below!

— Lindsey DiMattina

Candycane

Posted at 5:24 PM on February 1, 2013

I love Khloe

Eric

Posted at 1:26 PM on December 1, 2010

Ok to all the people who say ” third world country”, wake up there are 12,13,14 year old that are having babies. The only reason you people are saying things like that is because Khloe is a celeb. If she was just a normal person no one would care what age she had sex. Ok people really grow up. Her taking her parents car is her business. I know for a fact that none of these people that have commented are perfect. So really think about what you are talking about!

Imani

Posted at 11:05 AM on November 26, 2010

Yes, that is outrageous but she was pressured and she shouldnt have took her parents car. Also who said it was a personal choice should be slapped!

Julie

Posted at 2:58 PM on November 25, 2010

It’s not really outrageous. In the country I’m from, 14 is the age most girls start having sex, while 13 is considered a little early and 15 is like the “last chance”. After that you and your virginity are very alone. And if you haven’t had sex before college you’re kind of a super icky freak or something, because even the average geek from junior high has hooked up with an other geek by then..

sha

Posted at 12:57 AM on November 26, 2010

wow you must be from a 3rd world country or something.
It is absolutely outrageous, that’s is too young for a girl to handle sex emotionally. This is an absolute fact scientifically. Girls who have sex too early usually turn out to be more slutty. Stop encouraging girls to have sex at 14, it’s not healthy or right at all. Not saying you should wait till your married, but you should at least be in a stable relationship first, when a girl is 14 there is no way she can be emotionally and mentally ready for a mature relationship. You are an idiot if you think that 14 year old can handle sleeping around. some times 21 year olds aren’t able to handle it because they are not mature enough for it. sex is a mature act because there is no denying that it can manipulate your emotions in a bad way. Sex is a not a bad thing, well it’s very very good but not if you’re an immature idiot.Something is wrong with women who sleep around, that is why many women lie about how many people that they hook up with, because in the end it’s dirty and no one wants that.
Don’t lie to yourself, you know something is wrong with you.

Julie

Posted at 5:06 PM on November 26, 2010

No, I’m from Scandinavia. Haha. And I wasn’t saying it’s the “right” thing to do, I’m just saying that where I’m from it’s not very “scandalous” or unusual like it seems to be in the US.

Sarah

Posted at 12:18 PM on January 17, 2011

What part of Scandinavia are you from? I live in Sweden and I totally agree with you!

Wendy

Posted at 12:02 AM on February 16, 2014

You cant use the United States as a base to compare the rest of the world. Every culture is different, In some countries teenagers are WAY more mature than they are in the United States. You are very judgmental and very ethnocentric. PATHETIC AND IGNORANT.

lou

Posted at 2:55 AM on November 25, 2010

14 is way too young!

anne

Posted at 8:19 PM on November 24, 2010

it happens

invisiblewoman

Posted at 3:53 PM on November 24, 2010

Yes, it’s a bit too young to be having sex, although this is the normal age now that teens are experimenting, but I think that she being famous for whatever reason that she is, should have kept that part in her past.

I mean these younger girls are looking up to these women, n this new little nugget of truth can just harness the thought that it’s ok to have sex, when truly they should wait.

gbtw

Posted at 4:52 PM on November 24, 2010

i don’t understand how everyone seems to miss the point of why khloe wrote this. she is saying all the harm it did to her and how it was a BAD thing. she’s telling kids NOT to do it… if she has any influence on them, she’s trying to tell them NOT to do what she did.

....

Posted at 11:46 AM on November 24, 2010

i don’t understand how can this be outrageous????This is her personal life and she lives it how she wants,so what’s the problem???

oh lordy

Posted at 2:33 PM on November 24, 2010

let me guess, you have no 14-year-old daughter?

gbtw

Posted at 4:48 PM on November 24, 2010

did you even read what she wrote? she says she was manipulated by an older man, was not ready, started doing poorly in school after she did this, and regrets it to this day… and unfortunately, this is a very common story for girls.

ren

Posted at 1:02 AM on November 26, 2010

It’s outrageous for a 14 years to be having sex, it’s an emotional immaturity factor. No girl at 14 can have enough experience to handle things in a mature manner. Many of these cases are out of the guy manipulating the girl and the girl being too young to know how to reject it. It is never right for a 14 year to be sexing boys.

And even Khloe is saying that it was not the right decision, are you illiterate?

Kristen

Posted at 5:41 PM on November 23, 2010

I think that you should at least LOVE the person first. It’s hard to fully understand the concept of love at 14!! z

Back in the day you were married and trying to have children when you were 13-16, but you were married and pretty often joined for life :P

gbtw

Posted at 4:49 PM on November 24, 2010

lol… WHAT??? what “day” (and country) are you talking about?!?! people used to get married and start families at a young age, but it wasn’t 13!!! (unless maybe you’re talking like in the middle ages? cuz pretty sure that wasn’t the case since this country has been a nation… yikes.

LOL

Posted at 5:26 PM on November 23, 2010

Kim & Kleo must be getting all the attention these days. How pathetic!