KIRSTIN SAYS: Pick Up Your Phones, Send Your Emails Or Click To Vote For Kyle Massey! He Needs To Win 'DWTS!'

Mon, November 22, 2010 10:24pm EDT by 15 Comments

Courtesy of ABC

After an amazing season, Dancing with the Stars has come to an end and Kyle Massey gets my vote for the win!

The final three dancers, Kyle Massey, Bristol Palin and Jennifer Grey danced for the win on the Dancing with the Stars season 11 finale Nov. 22 — and after watching each of their two performances, it’s obvious to me who should earn the Mirror Ball Trophy.

Disney child star Kyle Massey has it all: personality, technique and the “it” factor. Even though he didn’t score a perfect 60, his freestyle to “Tootsie Roll” was the best dance of the night! He shook it and rocked it — and even rolled it. Yes, that’s right. Mr. Disney did the snake and it was AWESOME. Even the snotty Mr. Len Goodman sang his praises. (Kyle got 56 out of 60.)

Let’s move onto my second favorite, the lovely and much improved Bristol Palin. My biggest fear for 20-year-old Bristol was that she’d fumble under the pressure of being in the finals and be team struggz. Au contraire — Bristol ROCKED it. Carrie Ann Inaba only had one critique for her first number, which was that she needed to point her toes more. Her freestyle dance to “Cell Block Tango” from Chicago pushed the sexy envelope, but at the end of the day, it wasn’t her strongest performance. Nevertheless, I give Bristol mad props for coming into this competition with NO previous performing experience and still dominating. Go Bristallion! (Bristol the Pistol earned 52 out of 60.)

Lastly, we have Jennifer Grey. Those of you who’ve followed my DWTS coverage, know my thoughts about Ms. Grey. Sure, she’s a flawless dancer (tonight she got perfect 30s), but she lacks the likability factor. Plus, she has tons of previous experience in entertainment and dance, which seems unfair. (However, I thoroughly enjoyed her tribute to Dirty Dancing during her freestyle.)

Who do YOU think should take home the trophy Nov. 23? Did Bristallion hold her own? Do you completely disagree with me and LOVE Jennifer Grey?  Sound off below!

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

forex news

Posted at 7:32 AM on April 25, 2012

Nice post. I used to be checking continuously this weblog and I’m impressed! Very helpful information specially the remaining section :) I deal with such info much. I was seeking this particular info for a long time. Thanks and good luck.

Mr. Java BVMC-SJX33GT

Posted at 4:17 AM on April 10, 2012

I have learn some good stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much attempt you place to make the sort of magnificent informative web site.

lolanyc

Posted at 12:06 PM on November 23, 2010

i voted for jennifer!! shes amazing! and soo damn sweet and I loved her last dance!!! I was blown away!!!!!!!!!! I really hope she wins!!!!! and whoever commented on the bottom… how can u say jennifer isnt pretty!!! SHES beautiful!!! The woman is 50 and looks WAY better than bristol!!!!!!! get your eyes checked!

Bonnie Fuller

Posted at 10:02 AM on November 23, 2010

kirstin- totally disagree with you. Jennifer grey should DEFINITELY win. She hasn’t danced professionally since Dirty Dancing a hundred years ago. Listen she’s no youngster and her dancing is incredible. She’s worked so hard. Deserves to win!

C.C.

Posted at 9:13 AM on November 23, 2010

I have watched DWTS for many seasons now and I think that no matter what people say…this is a popularity contest. People have been going on and on about how Bristol should win because she didn’t have any previous experience in dance. Did Kyle? Jennifer was in a movie over 23 years ago that had dancing in it. Explain this to me….if a well know actor accepts a role where they are a killer of some sort then are they experienced enough to be a killer? I assume that with the way people are saying Jennifer has dance experience because of a movie made so long ago then she knows how to dance ballroom style now. Ridiculous! It hasn’t escaped me though that some people do have the abilities to learn more and quicker than others. Kyle didn’t have any experience in dance prior to this show but because he knows how to move his body then he has enough experience to have an advantage in this competition. In past seasons there have been celebrities on the show who had an unfair advantage but I don’t think this applies to this season. Bristol was down on herself from day one. A person has to want to be able to learn and look at it from a positive outlook in order to go further. I never once looked at any of these three celebs and thought that one had an advantage over the other. They all started with no knowledge of ballroom dancing and learned. Give credit where credit is due. Jennifer did great! Especially under the circumstances that her body was in pain all of the time. Kyle was great! He used what he naturally has…drive, personality and ambition to pull off a great performance. Bristol was ok…Mark should of let her pick the type of freestyle she was comfortable doing instead of pushing a dance on her that she had never even heard of. She was unsure of herself because she had no knowledge of the broadway show much well the actual dance.

Christy

Posted at 5:34 AM on November 23, 2010

I voted for Jennifer. I don’t agree that she lacks likability. I find her not only likable but also inspiring. And I know I’m not alone.

Sure, she doesn’t have what I would consider a polished, “fake,” tv personality – she’s quirky, very sarcastic, far from extroverted and obviously self-conscious in live interviews. In other words, she’s unique and real.

Twitter went bananas after Jennifer’s dances. She trended for hours. People really do love her – I think they see that she’s real, IMO. And… oh yeah… a really great dancer. (Your poll seems to show that, too)

Lenny

Posted at 5:32 AM on November 23, 2010

I agree with every point. I don’t know jack squat about dancing and couldn’t care less about flawless technique. What I know is that Kyle entertained the he** outta me tonight, so he gets my vote. I like Bristol. Hope she comes in second. As for Jen, she might be a great dancer, but she leaves me bored.

Peggy Smith

Posted at 4:00 AM on November 23, 2010

Kyle should win. He was great throughout the entire season and his freestyle was so much better than Jennifer’s! The judges seem to favor her all the time. They even gave Bristol higher scores than she deserved. Kyle rocked it out and has become an awesome dancer. He deserves to win. Go Kyle!!!

Joel

Posted at 3:38 AM on November 23, 2010

You guys should really vote for the best dancer, for the one who did it right, not for who they are. And so far, Jennifer Grey danced best among the three. Unfortunately, America turns shows like this into popularity contests. Not really fair. Why even have judges in the first place? Case in point, Brandy, who danced better than Bristol, and got booted off. Sad state of Amerioca … tsk tsk.

Lenny

Posted at 5:29 AM on November 23, 2010

Sad state of America? LOL! Yeah, I don’t think I’ll use a dance competition to judge that.

Cory

Posted at 2:02 AM on November 23, 2010

I really hope Kyle or Jennifer wins tomorrow. Sorry Kirsten but Bristol sucks. She’s was overscored last night for one of the less energetic jive’s ever and really did she try to dance a routine to Chicago?????? Also to me Jennifer and Kyle are more likable than Bristol. With that said she’ll probably end up second. While your boy Kyle will be third and Jennifer will win like no one saw that coming.

LV CRITIC

Posted at 12:30 AM on November 23, 2010

Jennifer is the class of the dance. Kyle is a great kid with a lot of talent and lasly Bristol was OK.

LittleMo

Posted at 11:40 PM on November 22, 2010

I’m actually rooting for Kyle and Lacey but you’re wrong about Jennifer. She had dance training for Dirty Dancing but that movie came out 23 YEARS AGO for crying out loud! Unlike Donny Osmond and Nicole Scherzinger Jennifer did not dance in any kind of professional capacity before then or since then, and she does not dance professionally now.

MaryJaneOlson

Posted at 11:18 PM on November 22, 2010

Wow KB: So you are voting for Kyle after only seeing him perform and not even giving the two (white) (heterosexual) (beautiful) (more graceful) women a chance to show their ability. That is REALLY fair! Not!

I would not want you to be judging me for anything. You are not fair!

Peggy Smith

Posted at 4:07 AM on November 23, 2010

Are you saying that you aren’t voting for Kyle because he is black, not heterosexual, not beautiful, and not as graceful as the two “white, heterosexual, beautiful, more graceful” chicks? Get real — neither one of them is even remotely pretty. By the way, Kyle is not gay, even though that doesn’t make a bit of difference. Kyle should win because those two chicks were overrated the entire season. Kyle has become a great dancer and deserves the title. His freestyle performance was much better than Jennifer’s. Watch a video of it and you’ll see. People like you are totally disgusting and the reason why the wrong dancers always win the mirror ball trophy. Go Kyle!!!